Start server with bots

albertfish

I was also wondering this. I'm pretty disappointed in the lack of documentation on configuration settings :-\

We are using UDK/UE3 like 1000 developers before us. Google is your friend to find documentation about UDK/UE3. Though the setting to disable bots is not working atm. But we will have that in the next patch.

The following parameters will work:

?GDIBotCount=x

?NODBotCount=x

The following parameters seem to control their difficulty:

?GDIDifficulty=x

?NODDifficulty=x

The following parameters seem to control their aggressiveness (though it doesn't have any real effect IMO):

?GDIAttackingValue=[0-100]

?NODAttackingValue=[0-100]

I was also wondering this. I'm pretty disappointed in the lack of documentation on configuration settings :-\

We are using UDK/UE3 like 1000 developers before us. Google is your friend to find documentation about UDK/UE3. Though the setting to disable bots is not working atm. But we will have that in the next patch.

I understand that the game is build on previous platforms, but it would help adoption of the game if common settings were to be made easily accessible. Not knowing anything about UDK/UE3, I can't tell you how frustrating it is to try to look through they may config files to try to find what obscure thing may change a setting... Even how to start a local server took me a couple days of searching before I the info on how to do so was posted on the RenX page.

The following parameters will work:

?GDIBotCount=x

?NODBotCount=x

The following parameters seem to control their difficulty:

?GDIDifficulty=x

?NODDifficulty=x

The following parameters seem to control their aggressiveness (though it doesn't have any real effect IMO):

?GDIAttackingValue=[0-100]

?NODAttackingValue=[0-100]

Where are these settings located?

I did a TextCrawler search through the entire RenX Server installation folder and didn't find these settings...

You start the application with those in the command line:

"C:\Program Files\Renegade X\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe server?GDIBotCount=x?NODBotCount=x"

Not sure if that's the correct path, adjust as necessary.

Thank you, I'll test this once I get home.

Are these settings documented somewhere by chance?

You start the application with those in the command line:

"C:\Program Files\Renegade X\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe server?GDIBotCount=x?NODBotCount=x"

Not sure if that's the correct path, adjust as necessary.

Thank you, I'll test this once I get home.

Are these settings documented somewhere by chance?

Not that I can find. Doing a Google search for it also only brought up this thread.

It seems that the bots do not spawn when the server starts, but they spawn when the first player joins. So if the round ends and the map changes, the bots all despawn until someone else joins the server.

I did a TextCrawler search through the entire RenX Server installation folder and didn't find these settings...

I started a Skirmish map, then used the console command "obj dump renx_game_0" to view all the settings used for the current match.

It took me a while to find out what the command exactly was, though. :o

It seems that the bots do not spawn when the server starts, but they spawn when the first player joins. So if the round ends and the map changes, the bots all despawn until someone else joins the server.

You can use the ?bWaitForNetPlayers=False parameter to force the server to start the match without waiting for players, even in subsequent rounds.

• 3 weeks later...

I started a Skirmish map, then used the console command "obj dump renx_game_0" to view all the settings used for the current match.

It took me a while to find out what the command exactly was, though. :o

You can use the ?bWaitForNetPlayers=False parameter to force the server to start the match without waiting for players, even in subsequent rounds.

Wow, thats amazing, THANKS! how did you find out that you had to use "obj dump renx_game_0" :confused:

Thanks in future, I really want to know these stuffs ;)!

(Sorry if any bad grammar is used)