Stealth Tank Kicks up Dust?

perfectblue

1) Will the enemy team be able to see the dust/snow that a stealth tank kicks up while moving when cloaked?

2) How do you plant C4 on an enemy vehicle? I tried many times last night. I would sprint towards the vehicle, and once withing close proximity, drop the c4. However every time I attempted to do so the c4 would land at my feet on the ground.

Edited by Guest

1. Yes, in fact today on Walls I managed to catch a sneaky Stealth Tank as I patrolled around our base in an APC when I saw suspicious dust clouds.

2. It seems like it's really a hit-or-miss thing with moving vehicles. If they stand still, it works most of the time, but if they move away from you you'll drop it on the ground mostly. Try to always attach the C4 to the vehicle's side.

I'm fairly sure the stealth tank kicking up dust is a bug. I don't think it does it all the time or perhaps I just haven't noticed. I have definitely seen it kick up dust some times.

It is not a bug. It was in the old renegade and the devs said they where keeping it in, the same for Stealth black hand.

Q: Will this weather make it easier to spot stealthed units? (Like water rolling off of an invisible object.)

A: No, because it would break the balance if you could see invisible people on many of the maps. Little movement puff of dust/water/snow that were in Renegade already will probably stay though.

I'm fairly sure the stealth tank kicking up dust is a bug. I don't think it does it all the time or perhaps I just haven't noticed. I have definitely seen it kick up dust some times.

It is not a bug. It was in the old renegade and the devs said they where keeping it in, the same for Stealth black hand.

Q: Will this weather make it easier to spot stealthed units? (Like water rolling off of an invisible object.)

A: No, because it would break the balance if you could see invisible people on many of the maps. Little movement puff of dust/water/snow that were in Renegade already will probably stay though.

Was it as pronounced in the original renegade? The kick up is half the height of the tank itself.

Was it as pronounced in the original renegade? The kick up is half the height of the tank itself.

Maybe I don't really remember its been years since i last played it. I just know it was there. I believe the tanks only kick up the dust once they start moving and stops once they get up to speed. I would test it out but I think that is something you would need 2 people to test.

It is a bug. And i think it happens once the stank got shot atleast one time. Im not sure though and it would be nice of someone can confirm. It definatly only happens in somce circumstances and we need to find out what circumstances that are so we can fix it.

I'm surprised this was a bug, I thought it was an awesome feature. I had made it a habit to stay completely still on flying when someone had a LoS on me, knowing about the dust.

I'd honestly like to see it kept, and made an all the time thing.

Edited by Guest

Being randomly spotted by someone across the map due to dust is kind of a PITA and makes stealth tanks just a role of the dice. I don't think it would be overpowered to make it completely invisible with no trace at range.

Sure, make it kick up dust if boosting. Though honestly boosting need to give more speed increase to be worth it.