Chat Bug and Suggestion

Hello,

First order of business is a chat bug I've encountered several times. I'm not exactly sure how to replicate, but sometimes I become unable to chat in team, all, or pm. I have to restart the game completely if I want to type new messages. Is anyone else having this issue?

second thing is chat color when your press (`). Maybe we could make it like it was in the original ren and have GDI chat in yellow and Nod chat in red?

Edited by Guest

So how chat works is that it's basically from the console. For allchat, you do "say blahblah". For teamchat, you do "teamsay blablah". You MUST have the "say" or "teamsay" for it to work. You're probably accidentally deleting it.

As for the colors, it works exactly like it does in the original Renegade.

So how chat works is that it's basically from the console. For allchat, you do "say blahblah". For teamchat, you do "teamsay blablah". You MUST have the "say" or "teamsay" for it to work. You're probably accidentally deleting it.

As for the colors, it works exactly like it does in the original Renegade.

I understand that you need the "say"/"teamsay", but the console won't let me type anything at all. Also, it's not the same (in terms of color) as the original renegade. In the original, you press (u) and you can see previous chat. If a GDI player said it, his name would be in gold, and if a nod player said it, his name would be in red. It made reading past chats much easier. I'm suggesting something similar.

I'll post screenshots of what I'm talking about when I'm able

I dunno why you can't type into the console. That is a problem.

The colors do, in fact, work exactly like they did in Renegade. All-chat was in white and team chat was colored based on the team. Just like in Renegade-X.

Re-read your post, and I see that you meant the chat history. Yeah, a better chat history would be good to have.