First person competitive potential

Hello guys,first off i wanna say you guys have done a brilliant job thus far! the graphics are great and its soo good to see this classic game being revived! i do however want to share my thoughts and suggestions being a pro fps gamer for nearly 25 years and an original Renegade player. i think there are some tweaks that need doing to make this a more rewarding and competitive fps, for instance i really like the new scopes on the weapons, but its basically point-less to use them because maximum player running and dodging speed is just too fast! this in my opinion totally destroys the first person element of this game, ( i find myself having to dance around with other players in 3rd person firing my guns from the hip in an attempt to get lucky shots off!) i know classic renegade was similar in this respect but if you was to lower player movement speed AND Armour, this will reward players who are skilled in accurate sight fire and reflexes causing players to be much more careful on the battlefield and bring a more modern aspect to this great game,this will also encourage new tactics and more co-ordinated attacks within the team! also i think there needs to be area of effect damage on tanks also, again trying to hit players with a shell at the current move speed is also too difficult! thats pretty much all i have to say, you guys have really done a fantastic job with every other aspect! i would love to see this being considered or even beta tested and i honestly think there will be many players who would be willing to give this a shot! anyways ty guys for your time and keep up the good work! ;)

mmmm... No. If they're too fast for you to hit, get better at sniping. Once you're ideal at playing the game, THEN you can make complaints like this. I actually don't think they're too fast at all. Getting a lot of kills as a sniper has nothing to do with CnC Renegade. Meh!

mmmm... No. If they're too fast for you to hit, get better at sniping. Once you're ideal at playing the game, THEN you can make complaints like this. I actually don't think they're too fast at all. Getting a lot of kills as a sniper has nothing to do with CnC Renegade. Meh!

I feel like the 25 year FPS vet probably doesn't need advice on aiming haha. I definitely think the firefights just need a bit of tightening up, the animations feel a bit spazzy at times and could probably be smoothed out.

For what it's worth, I agree. Old renegade's movement speeds were great, ren x is like old ren on crystal meth. I'm not digging the sprint either. But whatever, anyone who complains around here just gets called a noob it seems. The game is fantastic no doubt, but it still needs work/balancing. Even the creators admit this lol.

For what it's worth, I agree. Old renegade's movement speeds were great, ren x is like old ren on crystal meth. I'm not digging the sprint either. But whatever, anyone who complains around here just gets called a noob it seems. The game is fantastic no doubt, but it still needs work/balancing. Even the creators admit this lol.

That's because people are suggesting the infantry battles be turned into modern fps clones. Because characters cost credits (are not free), instantly dieing is (because you can be sniped) the most frustrating thing ever.

I feel like the 25 year FPS vet probably doesn't need advice on aiming haha. I definitely think the firefights just need a bit of tightening up, the animations feel a bit spazzy at times and could probably be smoothed out.

I don't agree.

He's totally clueless about aiming, even more clueless about the word "competitive" if he came here to ask for the movement speed to be lower.

The entire thing screams non-sense anyway. Slowing down the game = more rewarding? Come on.

And I don't want this modern FPS mentality touching Renegade. Its one of the biggest problem of modern FPS that everything dies to nothing and everything is slow.

thank you for your replies guys, i would like to add this is not a complaint, its a suggestion for a more rewarding first person experience, yes i think the 1 shot sniping element is legit, but i just feel that a little bit of balancing with the infantry class and its weapons are needed, like i said its much easier to shoot and kill in 3rd person in most cases, why have these cool scopes if it does not feel that comfortable at times to use them?

i can also see alot of people are referring to the sniping, i can assure you i have no troubles snipping, its not the long range combat im talking about, its the short and medium range with the basic auto guns and carbines. just to clarify on my point.

Troll thread. It's impossible to be a pro FPS gamer for nearly 25 years because Quake1 is only around 18 years old. I doubt you're Thresh from Doom as well.

i can also see alot of people are referring to the sniping, i can assure you i have no troubles snipping, its not the long range combat im talking about, its the short and medium range with the basic auto guns and carbines. just to clarify on my point.

Hitting high accuracy in this game with automatics is much easier than hitting an LG in Quake3. If you're truly a "pro FPS gamer" then you wouldn't be having a hard time.

I really like everything about the infantry combat in this game. It took some getting used to but there is definitely skill involved with all forms of infantry combat. Its more quake/UT inspired than modern games, which I believe to be a breath of fresh air.

CS was really the first game I can remember that popularized the more "realistic" combat, and CS is so old now, that it is the only thing a lot of gamers know. This game is different by design and I hope they don't change it for anything.