Some Bots are doing nothing

Ray

No matter what difficulty or map, in every map there are at least 2 out of 7 bots just standing around doing nothing. Everyone of those bots are all the time in the base, just not moving at all.

I first thought, that it has something to do in particular with the engineer class, as bots maybe try to repair buildings but after they repaired them they are kinda stuck. But that is not the case, saw many classes standing pointless around at their base. Most of them will at least attack you, if you attack them.

They would do the same thing when they are in vehicles, also around the base area. In thise case they will just take up one vehicle slot while staying with the vehicle all the time in base and doing nothing.

There is no way to fix this ingame, except for bots in vehicles, as you can enter the vehicle and kick the bot out. In this case the bot will leave the base.

• 3 weeks later...

Isnt it that some bots remain in the base for defending and others attack? I do know that there's an option where you can set the % for attackers. That might explain why some remain "at home''?

Doesn't explain why they don't attack you once you see them :P

I had glitch where a bot changed into a Unreal robot in the red team colours, in this it also stopped moving and doing anything but I could still shoot it which knocked the character around a bit. I think a few glitches left over from the underlying UT engine.

• 2 weeks later...
How do you get bots to leave vehicles?

I stole a mammy, a bot stole it but I couldn't get them to leave.

Just press E when near it to get in, press 1 to enter driver spot and steal it. You have a higher priority over bots so they will give you the vehicle. :)

I've noticed some bots suicide, too.

In general the bots need some tweaking:

-Bots don't use airstrikes.

-Bots don't plant nuclear and ion beacons or disarm them.

-They don't capture tech buildings.

-They don't buy flying vehicles.

-Bots need to focus more on destroying enemy buildings when attacking. Actually they just sweep out and hunt down enemies. They only target buildings, if they are near to one and no enemy is in sight. But due to all the respawning enemies in a base, they are distracted too much.

-They should plant mines when defending as engineer class

It would be good, if the developers can make some improvements to this in the next update.

How do you get bots to leave vehicles?

I stole a mammy, a bot stole it but I couldn't get them to leave.

Just press E when near it to get in, press 1 to enter driver spot and steal it. You have a higher priority over bots so they will give you the vehicle. :)

Thanks, I wish id known that last night. I hopped out of my stolen Mammy to change to the Engineer class when a Bot stole it driving it into the GDI base. So one Mammy driven by a bot against an entire base, it was such a waste.

Lets just say the bots could use a massive improvement. The way they were talking about them in the stream, I actually thought using them was viable. But they really aren't. They're like the old ones, except they can use vehicles. Thats.. it. Well, you can make them follow you, too.

I'd really love for bots to get advanced enough since I feel like the game will just die off.

Lets just say the bots could use a massive improvement. The way they were talking about them in the stream, I actually thought using them was viable. But they really aren't. They're like the old ones, except they can use vehicles. Thats.. it. Well, you can make them follow you, too.

I'd really love for bots to get advanced enough since I feel like the game will just die off.

Yes, you name it. Let's hope they will fix the problems soon and make the bots viable ;-)

By the way: Are there already any news or information for a new update?

• 1 month later...