[Dev Question] TeamInfo?

aca20031

Look up Rx_Pri. There are special variables for the teamnum.

Until you guys release the code can you be a bit more specific about Rx_Pri? Is it a member of some custom class? How would I access it given I'm currently looking at AllActors(class'PlayerController')

You can find tutorials on the net about how to decompile unreal engine code files so that you can view the code like that till we release an SDK. Rx_Pri is our playerreplicationinfo class.

Thanks much RypeL. I'll do that.

You can find tutorials on the net about how to decompile unreal engine code files so that you can view the code like that till we release an SDK. Rx_Pri is our playerreplicationinfo class.

Any chance youre willing to offer one piece of advice?

Everything was working well until I got to RenX_RCam. This will not compile and has files that are 4000+ long of mis-indented stuff, and stuff isn't proper unreal script ("Something[0]") Example, CamHUD.uc: http://pastebin.com/NZCBUvXW

Any chance this is a third party library or something I can borrow the source of now?

Why do you want to recompile our code ? You dont need to for a mutator. With a mutator you extend from our classes but really only compile the mutator and not the renx files. Like the renx files are extending the UDK files but we never had to recompile them. You only need to decompile our code to see what it looks like and what you could change in your extensions/mutators but you dont have to and shouldnt recompile it.

Why do you want to recompile our code ? You dont need to for a mutator. With a mutator you extend from our classes but really only compile the mutator and not the renx files. Like the renx files are extending the UDK files but we never had to recompile them. You only need to decompile our code to see what it looks like and what you could change in your extensions/mutators but you dont have to and shouldnt recompile it.

Because as far as I can tell, you can't simply add a class as a reference. If you try to use RX_PRI you have to have the source or it will complain about it being an unknown type during compile. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I've found 0 way to just reference a .u or something similar.

aca20031 is talking about errors that the compiler will throw when you try to use RenX classes in code due to the compiler not being able to see the Renx code. This works for UDK classes because the UDK does in fact come with full source to all the unreal script classes.

To work around this all you need to do is implement the prototypes of what you need from each class you are working with. The actual code in the "RenX" files you compile doesn't have to do anything. They are just needed to prevent the compiler from throwing the errors.