Whiteout defenses respawn too quickly?

SFJake

I thought I'd like Whiteout, its a good change from Hourglass, though I totally miss the tunnels.

But the only problem I really ever noticed is that it just -still- becomes a hill stalemate. The defenses in this cases seem to be a big problem. They are INCREDIBLY strong, and thats fine, really. But I can spend essentially the ENTIRE game blowing them up -> they just keep coming back, and WAY too fast at that.

Its funny that the map has air units yet they are expected to be locked down by those things the entire game. (and frankly I have no idea how to play them in this map)

I'm not sure how I'd suggest any fix for the maps, but I don't really see the logic in having those defenses respawn so quickly (as well as being possible for them to be manned by the enemy but thats another thing).

Anyone else thinks this is a problem?

I think it would be interesting if their respawn was based on something other than a timer. How about they respawn when the Harvester returns with tiberium? Pretend that the base itself is spending the resources to rebuild. Perhaps prevent it from being respawned within 30s of death to prevent situations where it respawns a few seconds after being destroyed due to a poorly-timed harvester dropoff.

I tested the time since I wasn't sure. Its a bit under a minute for them to respawn.

(also noticed I couldn't get into the Nod defense as GDI, I swore I saw people do it in streams and people in game that claimed they did it)

You were able to do it in earlier builds of the closed beta but they changed it because it was unbalanced and could be exploited by attackers to skip over the barriers.

Having played marathon games on whiteout, I have to agree. I can accept that they are more powerful than even the AGT/Obelisk but with so much health and quick respawn, they're just a bit too good. Either a damage nerf, health nerf or respawn nerf is in order.

Agreed. They're very, very effective, which is good; they're static defenses that people need to be manning, so they need to do a ton of damage to be viable. But they respawn so quickly that the significant effort one needs to employ to take them out (with their fantastic range and damage output) feels virtually wasted since they will pop right back up at no cost.

Make it so once their health goes to 0 they become neutral and unoccupy-able (how do you say that in proper english...) until they are fully repaired by their respective team.

A solid solution, however if they can be repaired at the same rate or even faster than they respawn, not sure if this really solves the problem since the repairperson(s) can just be crouched behind the wall repairing, more or less safe from any danger bar an airstrike.