Laser Chaingun Secondary and Usage

RoundShades

I have seen people make good use out of it, and I acutally heavily used it in Renegade, I don't get why people said it wasn't good back then because it did steady 1/3 tank health of damage per clip so when you didn't have 1k creds that was effective enough.

That being said, in RenX, it has a slow spinup to begin with, then it has fairly big kick and slowly-worsening accuracy. That makes the gun feel real, which is good.

However, as far as use, it gets to feel less usable than legacy renegade's LCG.

Okay, so IN LEGACY, you could sustain fire with any gun, everything had perfect accuracy and you just had to hover your mouse over anything and could bounce around even while doing so accurately. That was good, but this is a new game.

IN THIS GAME, my problem is starting it is slow, once you start firing it is great for like 2-3 seconds, but when it reaches maximum recoil and that reticle expands all the way out it becomes a damage-loss problem to try to hit anything at half of it's max range (which also isn't very high, it has to be less than it was in legacy). SO NATURALLY like every other RenX gun I try to peck at enemies, HOWEVER with LCG when you stop firing you are forced to wait for the first 3 bullets to slowly crawl out to get back to high-rate so pecking with 10-15 round bursts isn't effective as it lowers it's damage to below that of even the laser rifle.

MY SUGGESTION: What is the current secondary fire? There isn't one is there... Welp, I am familiar with unreal games having some chainguns where secondary fire is to make the minigun spin without firing. Well, if that happened here, what one can do, is use it to peck at longer ranges, and when the accuracy starts becoming unuseable, stop firing but keep spinned up, and that way you can take 10-15 round bursts with it depending on how actually far you are.

That is my suggestion. In leau of that, could just make secondary fire tighten accuracy but lower footspeed to a walk so you can use full auto and peck with secondary fire as you kite back and forth for bonus accuracy in chunks. AS AN ADDON, I also think laser chaingun should have longer range, as in the bullet stops travelling so one cannot even shoot from the rocks in front of gdi base to their weapons factory on Whiteout. That is a bit restricting, nothing too big but a bit of a longer distance wouldn't hurt considering high-damage is out of the question at that distance with the LCG so it is harassment at best and not overpowered.

Please post here discussing this and sharing your thoughts about the LCG balance and if you feel this is a good idea or if the weapon is overpowered or underpowered. Thank you.

I suggested this late in the beta so I don't know if the devs are considering it (or even noticed it =P). Being able to spin up the miniguns (officer and LCG) at the cost of speed.

I know in the case of officers, secondary fire does already tighten the spread a bit but I rarely use LCG to say if it does the same.

I also hate that you have to wait for the miniguns to spin down before firing again.

I suggested this late in the beta so I don't know if the devs are considering it (or even noticed it =P). Being able to spin up the miniguns (officer and LCG) at the cost of speed.

I know in the case of officers, secondary fire does already tighten the spread a bit but I rarely use LCG to say if it does the same.

I also hate that you have to wait for the miniguns to spin down before firing again.

Exactly. If they made it work like that, I could handle a tightening effect like a poor man's aim down sights. Best suggestion in my opinion is make it keep it spinned so you can fire in bursts and let go of the fire now and then to regain accuracy

I like the spin up ideas, in fact I like them a lot and expected them to work that way honestly, but to be frank, I'd also remove every single instance of lost accuracy from sustained fire in the game. I find that mechanic to be absolutely terrible, even if its light in this game.