Temporarily capping playercount to 40 to reduce vehicle lag

RypeL

I like all different types. (that's what she said? haha)

I enjoyed the big 64 player matches back in the day...even 70. Sometimes I'll even go into a smaller match with 24 people. Just depends how I'm feeling. I loved the 70 person matches on maps like field, Under, City Flying, Desert Siege 2 etc. I say you cap the limit to 64...and if people don't want to join big matches...well, its a personal problem!

i love big matches, 100 players (50 for each team <3). but if the vehicle lag issues comes up with the playerlimit then its a good idea to solve the problem first before making huge matches again.

just asking: when can we expect the problem to be solved?

Edited by Guest

• 4 weeks later...
i love big matches, 100 players (50 for each team <3). but if the vehicle lag issues comes up with the playerlimit then its a good idea to solve tghe problem first before making huge matches again.

just asking: when can we expect the problem to be solved?

I like what this guy likes. maybe if we can increase match size pass 64. up to 256. or up to thousands

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In the server's config, UDKGame.ini

Default RenX settings:

TotalNetBandwidth=32000

MaxDynamicBandwidth=7000

MinDynamicBandwidth=4000

7000 is the bandwidth per player. 32000/7000 = 16. So, basically under the default value, all servers are only supposed to be hosting 16 players (in the event that they're all using the maximum allotted bandwidth.) Would raising the maximum bandwidth to the correct amount resolve the issue? (For 64 players, totalnetbandwidth should be set to 280000)

Yah fuck those guys, bigger games are better. Its all about the chaos. 127 player limit, just like ole' renegade.

127 was never popular in Renegade at any point. 32 was always the standard, both the maps and gameplay were balanced around that number. 40p+ only got popular when the game was basically dead and those were often the only servers with players, so people kept joining them.