Impressions from a new player and why I think the game sucks

Thedude

• Totem Arts Staff

I see his points about walking speed, TTK, squads and immersion as valid criticism or ideas.

There's a lot of "I this and I that" in the post but hey, it's his opinion.

There's been a lot of discussion about sprint speed within the team.

TTK is debatable.

Squads might be coming in the future.

Immersion is the reason why I try to add some extra flavour to my maps. Personally I would change my boink sound to something else or remove it if I had the choice.

Read his post again and then read yours again and try to think about it for a while before coming back to this thread.

I registered just to express my hatred towards OP and to tell him to get the fug back to whatever FPS he came from, which is probably Battlefield past 2.

>WAHHH GAME IS NOT TACTICOOL ENOUGH FOR MATURE GAMER SUCH AS MYSELF

Please die.

Welcome to the TibForum

TheBrotherhoodOfNod2_0.JPG

One thing I love about this place: Lots of stuff to blow up around here

can i bring meh squirt gunz

All of them!

I see his points about walking speed, TTK, squads and immersion as valid criticism or ideas.

TTK is debatable.

Immersion is the reason why I try to add some extra flavour to my maps. Personally I would change my boink sound to something else or remove it if I had the choice.

Read his post again and then read yours again and try to think about it for a while before coming back to this thread.

Personally i love the sprint, makes you able to adapt to certain situations easier.

TTK seems fine to me and when you start editing this everything will snowball.

Squads would be a nice thing to organize rushes and other things within a team.

Personally i love the map design and everything i shows, i like my eye-candy. However, giving people the option to change the Boink sound or a check mark [X] On / [] Off boink sound could be a nice fix for you there.

In the end its all personal pref. but the general gameplay is fine as it is.

Edited by Guest

TTK is debatable.

Of course a new feature like sprint speed is going to be discussed frequently.

His TTK suggestion was to make it much more instant. So like a CoD type game...that's not Renegade like at all. Editing any TTK (overall) would ruin the game balance. Weapon damage/spread/RoF/reload speed/velocity, etc. should be debatable. Not TTK.

Squads? Why...? There's only 2 teams fighting for the same objective. What purpose would a squad serve?

Immersion is completely perspective based. It's not something you can make an argument against. Some people are immersed by unicorns...

I registered just to express my hatred towards OP and to tell him to get the fug back to whatever FPS he came from, which is probably Battlefield past 2.

Please die.

I registered to tell wastes of oxygen like you to fuck off.

Good god, "CoD this BF that" is not going to become a valid argument by you mongoloids saying it over and over again. Listen to this dev guy, he sounds reasonable.

Please die.

I registered to tell wastes of oxygen like you to fuck off.

Good god, "CoD this BF that" is not going to become a valid argument by you mongoloids saying it over and over again. Listen to this dev guy, he sounds reasonable.

hey you know what? go back to cod/bf

The only thing in all this criticism that makes any sense is the use of squads to encourage team work. Or even a more subtle approach to lead people to work together. As of these opening days I've yet to get in a game where teamwork was consistent and effective. Also haven't played a game where a team won by something other than points @ time limit.

The only thing in all this criticism that makes any sense is the use of squads to encourage team work. Or even a more subtle approach to lead people to work together. As of these opening days I've yet to get in a game where teamwork was consistent and effective. Also haven't played a game where a team won by something other than points @ time limit.

I have been playing for 2 days and I see more base destruct ends than time limit ends. Are we even playing the same game?

If you haven't played the original Renegade - you're effectively judging a game based off of less than a day of playing. By comparing it to other games based off of a day of playing - you are doing yourself no good.

Especially since Renegade was made in 2002 and came before these big named games got so popular...

Don't come to a gaming forums after a few hours of playing and state that it "sucks" because it's not the same as the modern games that lack any creativity whatsoever.

Edited by Guest

Entitled gamers feel entitled.

Play the game for what it is, not complain about how it should be a different game. General critique and criticism is welcomed. But not when the critique is "the game sucks, do it over and make it more like [insert game here]."

That being said, I'll respect your point about infantry speed. I disagree with it, but you have a fair opinion on it. Personally, I think that it's fine as it is. Maps are pretty big and sprinting it lets you get into action quicker. But if an adjustment has to be made, then I'd say lower the amount of stamina a player has rather than reduce their movement speed.

But for your other comments, they don't make much sense. It's like a checkers veteran playing chess for the first time complaining that it's not enough like checkers. Well of course it isn't... it's an entirely different game. If you don't like how this game's core features are, then unfortunately this game just isn't your cup of tea. That doesn't mean it's "immature" or that its beneath you. You don't like it, that's fine. You can leave feedback like you are, but you are not required to play the game nor are the developers obligated to change their 7 year long project because one person can't learn to adapt to a game that doesn't play itself for him.

The developers are listening to everyone and making the proper adjustments as needed. But the game has been out for two days. I don't know what it is you're expecting to happen but the devs can't just blink and all the problems of the game vanish. It took them 7 years to bring this game to you, completely free. The least you can do is give them the respect they deserve for even bothering to do it in the first place. Then, you can give them time to actually, you know, work on the things that need to be adjusted.

• Totem Arts Staff

Our "loyal" fanbase seems a bit zealous at times.

The attitude some of you are displaying is highly toxic and does not promote our game nor a sustainable (new and larger) community.

If I see more of this bullshit popping up, either I'm locking the thread or deleting your posts, maybe I shouldn't though since everyone can clearly see what type of person they're dealing with.

If we can't even have a reasonable debate then what's the point of coming here?

Especially since Renegade was made in 2002 and came before these big named games got so popular...

Yes, wow, a few months before 1942 and ~1.5 years before CoD. Is this some kind of hipster thing?

I'm not even sure what you're trying to imply, but it's already pretty clear that you're attempting to change the argument...

Must be a communist thing?

The attitude some of you are displaying is highly toxic and does not promote our game nor a sustainable (new and larger) community.

If I see more of this bullshit popping up, either I'm locking the thread or deleting your posts, maybe I shouldn't though since everyone can clearly see what type of person they're dealing with.

Well, yes, however this guy played the game for max 2 days and is more or less saying the whole core gameplay "sucks", its to be expected that this would fuel some flames...

Yes, wow, a few months before 1942 and ~1.5 years before CoD. Is this some kind of hipster thing?

Im not sure how any of those games relate to Renegade in any way, 1942 was piss poor at launch (i still think its a bit shit but hey, thats just me) and CoD was boring until CoD4 which lasted til MW2 but also got nothing to do with anything in Renegade.

The attitude of "I don't like it so you must change it to cater to my needs" are just asking for it honestly. It's hard to resist to take the bait...

• Totem Arts Staff

I agree about the tone but you place yourself above that and you argue about the points made. Some of you kneejerk into the worst version of yourself, you can do that somewhere else.