Request: in-game tips for things newbies WOULDN'T know.

fetchystick

Hey. I like the in-game tips you display in the load screen, such as "press shift to print" and all that. But as we all know there are plenty of newbies in the game. Is there any way we can display tips that would help them out? Give them things that they wouldn't know.

Examples:

Stealthed units are invisible unless they get too close to an enemy or take damage.

C4 are very effective against infantry and vehicles. Don't underestimate them!

Even when not cloaked, try to be sneaky. Building damage is worth more than kills.

An early attack on a harvester can cripple the enemy start.

Different vehicles and characters do different things. Choose the right one for the situation.

If you leave your vehicle, enemies can steal it. Stolen vehicles do not contribute to either team's vehicle cap.

It takes 5 remote C4 or 3 timed C4 to kill a building from the MCT.

Put engineers in an APC to easily drive up to buildings and plant C4 on the MCT.

We need to make sure the newbies learn how to play the game properly. Giving out tips like this could stop many poor mistakes.

...do stolen vehicles not count to the enemies limit anymore? That is weird. It was one of the tactical considerations when rushing for me.

-Technicians or Hotwires can kill buildings with two timed C4 and one remote C4, but people always but down two remotes to be sure.

-Repairing your buildings is a high priority. Losing a building will cripple you in one way or another, so it should be prevented at nearly all costs.*

*sometimes it is better to let a building die than to keep repairing them. In timed games you might still win by points or destroy the enemy by letting that one building die. Field is a prime example. If GDI is camping the Hand of Nod, it could be better to let it die. They will have to get into the base and in range of the base defenses for any further destruction. Watch pro people on the chat who can judge this very well.

-Teamwork practically always better than going alone. Get to know some people in the game, know their favourite tactics and message the correct people when attempting a certain strategy. Join teamspeak programs if available. They will enhance any tactics and spotting and you can do this without stopping your attack.

-When you are GDI, you must always be weary of stealth black hands. If you want to repair your vehicle, make sure you either go back to your base if you have base defenses, or are surrounded by friendlies. If you don't, there is a large chance your vehicle will be stolen and will damage a lot of your friendlies. If no other alternative, make your repairing stops short and enter the vehicle again, making it hard to approach you for stealth units.

-Watch the radar. The enemy will show up when spotted or running. See an enemy on the radar but not when looking at that spot? It is probably a stealthed unit who is running.

-Some (all?) vehicles have a short sprint. Make sure to use this.

thats it for now

They tried to make this as close to renegade as they could and added some of their own ideas. So I would say they probably keep it like the old renegade in the fact that the stolen vehicle doesn't count to your cap, but still counts against the enemy. Sadly their isn't really a way to test it with out setting up a match to test it.

An official more complex, in-depth guide is currently in the makings. You can also make your own if need be, which would be greatly encouraged.

(...)Give them things that they wouldn't know.(...) We need to make sure the newbies learn how to play the game properly. Giving out tips like this could stop many poor mistakes.

Also this might contribute to any guide in the making.

An official more complex, in-depth guide is currently in the makings. You can also make your own if need be, which would be greatly encouraged.

Honestly how many of the new players do you think watched it?

If they don't intend on learning the game from a tutorial, that's their own right.

I myself prefer to learn a game on my own for the first few times, and if I still don't understand it, then I will go look up some guides. Give it time :)

Throwing times C4 on your enemy is a fun and humiliating way to kill your enemy.

Make sure to smile in all chat when you secure the kill.

If you find C4 on your self find a friendly vehicle asap and get inside. When it explodes smile in all chat and say 'nice try'.

One tip: the most expensive characters and units aren't instant game over cards for your opponent. :D

For snipers in 80% of games I prefer the 500c faction sniper.

Air heavy maps and games where your opponent doesnt ahve a HON/Barracks ill buy a 1000c faction sniper.