HACKS

IX_Equilibrium

7 minutes ago, Madkill40 said:

Get out.

"why should he 'get out'?"

Also, switching to UE4 will not happen anytime soon (probably not at all), due to a small development team and other several constraints. I believe there have been few topics discussing about it if you search the forums.

18 hours ago, poi said:

flattered :x

18 hours ago, jpjtyld said:

You guys are funny

Well these reactions won't make you any popular....

Offcourse it's not ok that people accuse the two of you of aimbots without proof and I can understand that this is annoying, but on the other hand the above shows that you aren't taking anything in this topic or any feedback serious, same goes for the other topic about 'teaming up' in opposite teams. For me these topics are not only about aimbots or any way of fault play, but they also prove people are really bother by what the two of you (and maybe some other players) do.

Before I go on: I never 'attacked' the two of you personally ingame or on any forumtopic cause I think everybody is allowed to play the game how he / she wants.  I am not forcing someone to do anything and I am also not accusing you of anything...

But on the other hand you should both  realize how many people 'hate' the two of you and how many people you 'scared away' from Renegade-X. Check the many topics, check the people in game who leave when the two of you show up and maybe you should be aware that outside the game a lot of people tell each other that they (temporally) not play when the two of you are on. Seen this for example on Steam, TS, PM's on the forum and even some people I know 'from real life' who played old Renegade and Ren-X for years but don't play public games anymore when they see a certain 'group' of snipers online. 

I know @poi said in one topic something like: "I love this game..." Than maybe you should start acting on that love and stop killfarming  but play the game different? I can not force anyone to do anything , but the fact that you have a skill (getting good headshots) doesn't mean you have to use it. I think you can be more proud of yourself if you find a way to play the game differently and thus ruin the game less for others.

Maybe not good for your k/d, but certainly good for the playerbase.

Offcourse I am not expecting anything to change, but now you have my opinion. 

• Like 7

• Totem Arts Staff
3 hours ago, Ryz said:

On 9/19/2017 at 10:04 AM, poi said:

I'm not "always" sniping or doing infantry i use a tank a lot aswel

While I personally can't vouch for jpj doing anything like this, the past 2 games I played 2 days ago with poi were both of us sneaking and killing buildings with tanks. Specifically, a game of Tunnels. She infiltrated PP and destroyed it, I took out WF with Madkill. We eventually got stanks and won the game. I never saw her with a sniper, but she did have a lot of kills. And to be quite frank, if they only used tanks, people would probably still hate them. It's become common language around RenX to hate the pair, and it's not really fair.

Honestly I don't mind playing against them in infantry, and while they usually kill me more often than I kill them, it poses a challenge for me--and opportunity to get better. When I've had enough, I don't go to tunnels, I don't go into sniping lanes; I avoid them. It's pretty simple. You don't have to beat them to win the game. If they don't find anyone in the tunnels, they will probably go to where the people are, into vulnerable positions and be blown away by a vehicle. Better yet, get an Artillery or MRLS and pound the tunnel entrances if you really feel like making them mad.

3 hours ago, Ryz said:

But on the other hand you should both  realize how many people 'hate' the two of you and how many people you 'scared away' from Renegade-X.

I think they are quite aware of how unwelcome people make them feel. Guilt tripping is a pretty bad method of trying to get someone to stop having fun on a game. (Perhaps that's the reason why someone asked for an ignore feature in-game? Food for thought.)

So while we're at it, let's ask boxes to stop winning games. His current WLR is 3.84, the highest on the leader-board with a large amount of matches. While fun is not necessarily tied to winning or losing, if we're going to make crazy petitions to specific players to change their play-styles, why stop at jpj and poi?

People need to grow up and stop complaining because they're frustrated from specific players. Snipers got nerfed, some type of change coming for rav/syd soon most likely. I don't think it's really fair to ask specific players to change their play-styles and stop having fun just so other players can heal their butt-hurt wounds. If someone quits a match from seeing 1 player, they really should take a look at themselves and find the problems inside their mind, instead of externalizing the problem and blaming skilled players for their own rage issues. 

There are 101 ways to counter a sniper, and people need to actually use them instead of blaming and harassing players for exercising their skills.

572b66dabf387.gif

Edited by Sarah!
  • Like 2

• Totem Arts Staff
Just now, Henk said:

I hope not.

I usually just go buy a tank or stick to the other side of the map or to a different path when certain snipers are in game.

Well I don't know, it's just a guess. I'm not a dev, speculation at best. They seem to be taking over

I think everybody are allowed to play however the way they want as long as they are not team-hampering like having a truce with one of the enemy players... This means I am fine with poi doing his kdr farming with his sniper killing spree although I'm aware many people dislike him for this.

But what about his other reason why people hate him? Being a boastful-ego jerk. I've seen him being a cunt to new players before, like calling them "stupid campers" and rage quit after they ruined his kdr simply by killing him eventhough they weren't even camping. Not only this annoyed/amused his opponents, but even some of his teammates were also annoyed that he simply joins for his selfish kdr farming agenda and leaves when it is ruined.

This is why his name keeps being brought up (in a bad way) in this and possibly other cheat-related topics. I know they are plenty of good players and some were also accused of hacking and doing plenty of "impossible shots", but only poi and jpj were hated even outside of a game. I understand he keeps being trolled in game by people who hates him but that's no excuse to behave worse. And wow, they even made nonconstructive posts here.

• Like 3

I had many games where i had 50 deaths and my kd was under 1kd when i was destroying buildings with boi/boxes, I really don't care about my kd at all and idek how thats even becoming a thing with me.. If i really cared about my kd i wouldn't have so many current deaths and stay in long games where i have over 50deaths. The thing is i play 5 games get a bit tired but still go into the next game - get killed instantly when i buy a tank or character and leave because or i dont like the map / or im burned out. Again not because of my kd getting shit i dont give 2 fucks about that.. if i cared that much about my kd i wouldnt even join pugs because im probably gonna get hunted 10 times omygosh..

And the ego thing is bs, i barely talk ingame. Everyone calls people camper once. But when i do it it's suddenly becoming a big thing and the reason why im being hated. Just stop. This is the last time i react to topics like this because nothing seems to work anyways. 

See ya guys ingame:)

Another useful topic ruined.

Edited by poi

• Totem Arts Staff
2 hours ago, vandal33 said:

I think everybody are allowed to play however the way they want as long as they are not team-hampering like having a truce with one of the enemy players... This means I am fine with poi doing his kdr farming with his sniper killing spree although I'm aware many people dislike him for this.

But what about his other reason why people hate him? Being a boastful-ego jerk. I've seen him being a cunt to new players before, like calling them "stupid campers" and rage quit after they ruined his kdr simply by killing him eventhough they weren't even camping. Not only this annoyed/amused his opponents, but even some of his teammates were also annoyed that he simply joins for his selfish kdr farming agenda and leaves when it is ruined.

This is why his name keeps being brought up (in a bad way) in this and possibly other cheat-related topics. I know they are plenty of good players and some were also accused of hacking and doing plenty of "impossible shots", but only poi and jpj were hated even outside of a game. I understand he keeps being trolled in game by people who hates him but that's no excuse to behave worse. And wow, they even made nonconstructive posts here.

Let's deconstruct this post.

poi was actually muted for some time, mostly not to respond to haters. She actually requested to be muted and we muted her until she requested it be lifted. While I'm sure she does say "dumb camper" every once and a while, other than that, it's nothing. Everybody gets ticked at random stuff and campers all the time. Another thing that doesn't make sense in your argument is why would she be a 'boastful-ego jerk' if she had requested an ignore feature in the game prior? Wouldn't that create more problems for her? Seems pretty unlikely. She takes enough fire as it is, and I'm pretty sure she's not going to try and stoke that flame. Everybody has rage moments, but I'm 100% certain that she does not go out of her way to purposefully insult new players. 

And I've never seen her rage-quit after she died once (I'm sure it happens, but not often enough for me to see it). It's an FPS, everyone expects to die. I also don't know how sniping is selfish, it's an almost absolute necessity for any team to have a good sniper on their side. How much harder would the game be if you had to worry about rushes through tunnels and no one killing reps on the enemy side?

If we were wanting to complain about people raging, I have thousands upon thousands of IRC logs of people swearing and cursing other players for no reason. There are better people to make a post about regarding to how they act in chat.

And honestly, I don't even see the point of you posting here, as it's not really constructive either. You're just trying to bash poi and her play style. If you were really interested in constructive posts, your post would have looked a little more like this.

2 hours ago, vandal33 said:

I think everybody are allowed to play however the way they want as long as they are not team-hampering like having a truce with one of the enemy players...

And that's all. The rest of it is attacking poi. That new post I created for you is 155 characters--of the 1175 characters of the original post. For those not mathematically inclined, it's a measly 13% of his first post. 

This community needs to learn to put away their personal vendettas to create a more friendly atmosphere for EVERYONE. No exceptions. The main reason we implemented the "No accusation" rule at CT was to help promote a more friendly and welcoming server. While unfortunately the forum moderators and developers don't do anything on the forums, it doesn't mean it's correct or proper for everyone to be harassing poi.

If you have a complaint about poi, and would like action from either Totem Arts or CT, use the proper channels. And build an actual case, don't use your own opinions if you want something to actually change.

I can go into more detail, but I think that this post suffices my intent.

MjAxMy1iMTJmY2NkOTAxZTRjNDg4.png

(For public chat, that is; which includes forums.)

• Like 2

This bashing of @poi and @jpjtyld has just gone too far, way too far. Some absolutely ridiculous comments in this topic.

The accusations of arrogance (which is bs) insinuated from people are far less troubling than the abuse/hate I often see poi getting in game from players, I rarely play public games at the moment but the comments are a regular occurrence and need to stop.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, SMayhew said:

This bashing of @poi and @jpjtyld has just gone too far, way too far. Some absolutely ridiculous comments in this topic.

The accusations of arrogance (which is bs) insinuated from people are far less troubling than the abuse/hate I often see poi getting in game from players, I rarely play public games at the moment but the comments are a regular occurrence and need to stop.

I agree, public attacks like this should not be the way to handle this. 

Be warned if this thread continues in this manner I will lock it.

Remember if you have problems with a player that are breaking the rules or cheating raise it to a moderator or admin through the use of the Modrequest command. The server moderation team will handle it from there.

The team will pass any relevant information regarding any legitimate hacking/cheating to the Devs so they can either implement a fix for that issue (if possible) or globally ban anyone who is breaking the game.

As was mentioned before publicly attacking a player should not be the way to deal with an issue ever, and can even result in the attacker being punished (even if the person attacked is doing wrong) because inciting action on a player who may not be doing any wrong (as you may not have the full facts) can drive a legit player from ever playing again. 

This does not mean don’t let people know what they are doing wrong, if they are legitimately cheating/hacking so as to raise awareness of the facts but don’t then begin to attack said player in any fashion, just call a moderator

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

What has become of this topic with all that overreaction and prejudice? Ryz very fairly summerized the issue, there was no hate, personal attack or guilt tripping in it and objectively speaking it can be backed up with proof. Unfortunatelly things went downhill after that... not that the quality of some posts before of that was high though. There were some good points mentioned and a good amount of bullshit as well, which I could confute by hard facts, but that's not the point I decided to add my input on this matter.

You should really leave behind the binary thinking. Anyone who thinks in "extremes" -the ones who automatically go into white knighting and those who go into personal attacks- should really think about how come that the other side has the exact opposite opinion of his/her. Things aren't black and white. In this case there's a very good reason why many people don't like what the mentioned guys do but there's a good reason why others fed up with this as well. The problem is, when things get out of hand, parties lose the ability to reasonably discuss something then a moderator comes to shut it down. Which is understandable, in this case the topic is not about cheating anymore but the behaviour of small amount of people. Although I have to mention that moderation is not all about rules and behaviour standards, by definition it's also about helping people to come to an agreement. Unfortunately hushing up the issue won't bring us to anywhere. Poi and co goes into silence and people's opinion is going to remain the same with numbers growing, then eventually it will be brought up again and again as it happened so many times before, just look at the reoccuring topics about this. Then anyone who had been involved in a similiar discussion before would be more emotional, arrogant or biased as we've seen it in this topic, which wouldn't help the cause at all to drain the toxicity. Playing the victim card or putting one's head into the sand definetly not helping to achieve that: to restore the great morale of RenegeX how it used to be.

Edited by Radeon3
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

will just post that here also.

Zap19 on this game. All buildings got destroyed by a single player in 3 sec.

He was able to edit the power of his weapons, speed, etc. He ruined 10 games. Still convinced that nobody hacks? I still think some player uses hack at their advantage.

I run this game with a connection with heaven speed, a 6700k and soon a GTX 1080 ti. No lag at all. I can assure you that some people here have "skills" beyond human ability. Well enjoy a proof here :

20171112222620_1.jpg

20171112224256_1.jpg

Steam should be forced on every server.

Edited by Renardin
  • Thanks 1

Sarah, it would take some boring time to make new email and new steam account. Also evading ban on steam is quite hard without a new account. Right now it takes seconds to the hacker to evade ban. Let’s make thing harder for them. And I think that steam is more efficient for bans ;)

they provide tools for it also.

Edited by Renardin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Steam is the Captcha for games. It won’t stop anyone from joining the game, but it takes some time to register and activate an account, then probably verify location because of the VPN. If someone took the time to research the game’s vulnerabilities, probably has the time to create some sockpuppets. But preparing an attack would be more tedious so the invested effort vs ruined gametime before running out of accounts might just doesn’t worth it. It’s like having 10 minutes of „fame” for wasting 1 hour of preparation.

Last year the Steam and non-Steam ratio for RenX was 1:1. I’m sure that the non-steam, core players would create an account to play  their beloved game. The question is that would the casual, non-Steam users download Steam in order to try out/play the game. Would the influx of new players lower because of forcing Steam? Since we don’t know the numbers of this group, this move is risky, but honestly during development some bad decisions already made entire communities and some hardcore players to quit, so this wouldn’t be a new thing. The game would survive. Personally I’d rather have a properly working HWID system than forcing Steam on others.

What bothers me that someone took the effort to create hacks for a small indie game. Statistically speaking it’s unlikely that we bumped into a random script kiddie, whoever did this probably is known. Fortunately this guy played it stupidly, the hack was obvious. But with some fine tuning it could be hidden quite well, which would damage the game more on the long run.

Edited by Radeon3

You could do it the opposite way and have non-steam and steam servers. If you explain that the steam server has extra benefits it might make people decide to get an account. Benefits can be:

- Stats
- Better prevention (since you can block steam accounts when somebody hacks or whatever)
- Maybe, but this is not possible now, being set to a prefered side.