HACKS

IX_Equilibrium

Im not the type of person that shout hacks when im killed or something, but there was 2 guys in the oposing team u had some sort of speed hack were they ran fast as hell. To give u an example, the game was played at 4 am so had some bots, there were like me, and some player defending along with the bots and the guy just ran passed us with an engeneer, Placed a beacon somewhere and left, THIS, over and over.

Sad, a game with 1 day, already plagued by hackers.

Seen more people report this. If the speed makes the dodge base defenses it would also explain some of the impossible beacon placements I've seen.

Hmm, I've seen a few rather improbable beacon placements as well. Quite aggravating if this is the reason.

The only weird (and aggrivating) beacon placements I've seen have been on Gold Rush. But every time we find it, theres an SBH who tries to defend it. Not extra speed or anything.

I must have been lucky so far today though because I just finished a marathon of Ren-X and didn't encounter anyone I thought was cheating...

I dont know what you mean but you probably insulted me. Note: I did not say that we will not do anything against them. But its an 8 year old engine and its foolish to think that there are no cheats. And of course cheaters are seen at the day of release when they get the most attention. Even in any game from epic over the last decade cheaters were there from day one. Now flame me if you want.

This game needs white-hat hackers... hackers with the morality to report a backdoor.

Instead of complaining people can help the developers by explaining as detailed as they can, how, what, where and when these "hacks" occur. It always will be a cat and mouse game (DEV-Game), you cannot fix a game-leak before it has been exploited by someone, simply since you (and nobody) cannot be aware of everything.

The only weird (and aggrivating) beacon placements I've seen have been on Gold Rush. But every time we find it, theres an SBH who tries to defend it. Not extra speed or anything.

I must have been lucky so far today though because I just finished a marathon of Ren-X and didn't encounter anyone I thought was cheating...

You have to learn the maps, especially in Goldrush, where you can get to nearly any structure on the map without being hit by a guardtower. You have to learn the roads to get in enemy base. Once you understand how defenses respond, you can get on a lot of places you otherwise could not get. Sorry this is not a hack, this is a knowledge-gap. Still good to report it if you are not sure...

Edited by Guest

Countermeasures for now: if an admin is online definatly pls ask them to record a replay (command: admin demorec demoname). The demo/ replay records every playermovement so that it can be analyzed later. If cheaters would really become a problem for longer serverowners can set their servers to require steam. Then cheaters can be identified by for example again using demos/ replays and can be banned by both ip and steamid. We could also make a global ban list.

I dont know what you mean but you probably insulted me. Note: I did not say that we will not do anything against them. But its an 8 year old engine and its foolish to think that there are no cheats. And of course cheaters are seen at the day of release when they get the most attention. Even in any game from epic over the last decade cheaters were there from day one. Now flame me if you want.

Although I cannot speak for Daedhart, I think he means to question that these people will lose interest?

My opinion is that some people just like to win at any cost, and will keep playing when it works with cheating. Bigheaders, skins and increased splash damage to improve yourself so you can boast about your score. I still want to write an article about regular cheaters that don't do cheat to destroy the game. My guess is that one reason to do it is insecurity. Insecurity gives rise to a lot of showboating, as people often don't want others to see their insecurity.

As for the quick running I want to eliminate some possibilities, just in case. You know you can sprint by holding the shift key? If you were running and they suddenly passed you much faster, were they maybe lagging?

As for the weirdly placed beacons, wasn't the base defense distracted so they could employ these tactics?

Lastly, could they have used the bot mechanic to play for them, and maybe altered a few of it's tactics? (this is a weird one I know)

The game should create an unchangeable serial hash per player installation so that dynamic ip's/proxies aren't used to easily evade. That way you can keep a cheater out for as long as he doesn't reinstall the game. I'd assume constantly having to reinstall the game just to evade a ban on a single server would get more than annoying for these players.

Countermeasures for now: if an admin is online definatly pls ask them to record a replay (command: admin demorec demoname). The demo/ replay records every playermovement so that it can be analyzed later. If cheaters would really become a problem for longer serverowners can set their servers to require steam. Then cheaters can be identified by for example again using demos/ replays and can be banned by both ip and steamid. We could also make a global ban list.

Yes, remember, this game offers ideally the ability for a server operator to be contactable.

That is the best course against cheaters.

Play on a moderated server, and if a cheater exists call them out and have the server operator ban them. Server operators can even difuse uncool beacons I thought?

This game needs white-hat hackers... hackers with the morality to report a backdoor.

Instead of complaining people can help the developers by explaining as detailed as they can, how, what, where and when these "hacks" occur. It always will be a cat and mouse game (DEV-Game), you cannot fix a game-leak before it has been exploited by someone, simply since you (and nobody) cannot be aware of everything.

You have to learn the maps, especially in Goldrush, where you can get to nearly any structure on the map without being hit by a guardtower. You have to learn the roads to get in enemy base. Once you understand how defenses respond, you can get on a lot of places you otherwise could not get. Sorry this is not a hack, this is a knowledge-gap. Still good to report it if you are not sure...

I can get a Black hand beside/behind the war factory in gold rush with a nuke. taking minor damage from guard tower by the barracks. No hacks. just have to be lucky no one is around to see that you are being shot up by defenses.

Tell me, is there any way to get behind the barracks on field (past the barricade)? Because I've seen two nukes back there. I can't find a way to jump over the barricade and I really, really doubt that someone harvester walked and then managed to get all the way back there even if the AGT was momentarily distracted.

Tell me, is there any way to get behind the barracks on field (past the barricade)? Because I've seen two nukes back there. I can't find a way to jump over the barricade and I really, really doubt that someone harvester walked and then managed to get all the way back there even if the AGT was momentarily distracted.

It could be a spy. The longer a match takes before one team wins, the more often people will get spies from crates. These spies wear the suit of the enemy. There are only 2 ways to detect a spy. Check every friendly player if he is on your radar. Or target them, if they turn red then feel free to empty your magazine.

It also could be a hack, I wasn't there...

There has to be an aimbot out there. I saw someone go 59-3 (username GREENPEACE) and he was using a sakura and connecting on every single shot.

Either that or he could be one the greatest snipers ever to grace this earth.

No, that's not an aimbot, you'd be surprised how easy it is to use the ramjet rifle with so many new players running around with free characters lol

There has to be an aimbot out there. I saw someone go 59-3 (username GREENPEACE) and he was using a sakura and connecting on every single shot.

Either that or he could be one the greatest snipers ever to grace this earth.

As a higher tier character it's quite easy to stay alive almost forever if you play very conservatively and refill whenever you take damage. And racking up kills on $0 infantry isn't too hard.

Well i did a 46-3 this night, not that hard with all the new people standing still at hilltops and shizzle just waiting to be boinked.

I even had a 4 kill in one ramjet mag.

Not that i will deny that maybe there is a cheat like aimbot already, but if i can pull off a 46-3 then, i can imagine a more skilled player with better mouse and reflexes could be able to pull off a 100-3

The game should create an unchangeable serial hash per player installation so that dynamic ip's/proxies aren't used to easily evade. That way you can keep a cheater out for as long as he doesn't reinstall the game. I'd assume constantly having to reinstall the game just to evade a ban on a single server would get more than annoying for these players.

You would be surprised the lengths the average hacker is willing to go to in order to keep hacking.

As long as a single person is bitching about hacks in chat, they will move mountains to keep feeding off it.

I remember both of you from that lakeside game yesterday, people were complaining but I actually saw him miss a few shots (all on free inf running of course, bar was destroyed...)

I remember both of you from that lakeside game yesterday, people were complaining but I actually saw him miss a few shots (all on free inf running of course, bar was destroyed...)

Thing about renegade is that you can do crazy scores if you know what youre doing. Also the addition of airstrike makes it really easy to rack good scores.

This might sound stupid, but could of they been pressing shift?

There is speed haxs for this game I have seen it used. It was used against my team in a match and lets say I enjoyed it every time I got that little boink sound off of them. It is also really easy to kill them because they have to stop if they want to get good shots.

id be amazed if theres no aimbots, ive played some games recently where 2 doods had kills of like 80+ compared to the normal of every1 else which was the odd <20 but mostly <10's.

kinda made it obvious tho when u select black hand, wait for stealth and as soon as your out the door your instantly headshot.

their patterns always the same, hack like hell till just b4 game ends then they leave.

check this pic just from earlier today.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7s5l6vvf73xr6 ... _00002.jpg

EDIT: changed pic upload, wasnt working earlier.

Doods here called GameAnarchy.net and [TSM]OpticZGaming

both racking up consecutive fast kills even when your nod and in stealth, walk out the door and bam, dead instantly. pretty much most of the team, either side complaining, i ended up same team as 1 later on, again blatantly obvious and irritating.

would like to know if anycheats got very far, its been the cause of me leaving every online UnrealEngine game from UT99 onwards so far, almost as bad as how BF2 got at its worst.

Edited by Guest

id be amazed if theres no aimbots, ive played some games recently where 2 doods had kills of like 80+ compared to the normal of every1 else which was the odd <20 but mostly <10's.

kinda made it obvious tho when u select black hand, wait for stealth and as soon as your out the door your instantly headshot.

their patterns always the same, hack like hell till just b4 game ends then they leave.

https://dl.boxcloud.com/bc/3/9b749c70d7 ... P6EdYAg,,/

both racking up consecutive fast kills even when your nod and in stealth, walk out the door and bam, dead instantly. pretty much most of the team, either side complaining, i ended up same team as 1 later on, again blatantly obvious and irritating.

would like to know if anycheats got very far, its been the cause of me leaving every online UnrealEngine game from UT99 onwards so far, almost as bad as how BF2 got at its worst.

You must be new to renegade

13260_2014_03_02_00001.png

And that is while i was alone in the enemy base planting nukes and probably died 10 times there alone, i could of camped and racked a amazing 75-3 probably but we would of lost.

I'm not saying they did not cheat, just that its not really all that hard with common sense and understanding of game mechanics.

I had the same problems with those two. Forget everything about an individual's score, it should not be mentioned when accusing them of aimbotting.

I had first saw one of them in the tunnels on Field, they were a GDI soldier and killed me as a shotgunner in less than two seconds. At that point I thought they were just really good at aiming.

Later on they became a Sydney and headshot me multiple times on their first shot, as soon as I rounded a corner (8 times before I left the server) as a SBH at extreme ranges (as in far beyond stealth visibility distance) without ever having come out of stealth. This is not an instance of someone getting lucky shots. You might feel the need to deny the existence of aim hacks by brushing it off with "they're just good" or "maybe you're just new/bad" even though you weren't playing in the same server. Unfortunately I didn't have any recording software to provide some solid evidence of its existence.

Thankfully the voting system will be overhauled very soon and problem players will only be an issue for a few minutes at best.

I saw [TSM]OpticZGaming getting endless kills with just a marksman, no refilling or anything on lakeside last night. The dude just kept going and going... He was like herschell in walking dead, endless ammo and he had to of had a damage hack just racking up kills with a marksman like that.

It would be sweet if there will be at least some option to require steam if you join a server ...

that sure not prevents but it would stop the very casual cheater

i know some software uses a hardware hash to generate a serial ... i dont know how hard it is to code such

but that would thin the cheaters even more

One of our RenCorner peeps clocked in at 100+ kills the other day. I dont deny an aim bot could exist for this, but it would need to be investigated.

was it me? I got 100+ 2x in a row in rencorner.

gamesurge.net has the most insane hacks ive ever seen. No cooldown infinite ammo ramjet with aimbot.

And that is while i was alone in the enemy base planting nukes and probably died 10 times there alone, i could of camped and racked a amazing 75-3 probably but we would of lost.

I'm not saying they did not cheat, just that its not really all that hard with common sense and understanding of game mechanics.

You seem to have misread his post. He's not saying they were cheating because of their scores, but how they were playing. I can corroborate the claims agains GameAnarchy.net, guy was cheating hardcore on Furry Pound on Whiteout around 2 hours ago.

then how would you personally skillfully rack up multiple consecutive kills on stealthed nod black hands the second they leave a building?

our team couldnt leave our buildings without getting 1 shot so we startedgoing stealth but still got shot, in the end we couldnt get outside to do anything so lost all our buildings without being able to even leave a building or stop the ppl planting beacons nearby.

i may be new to renegade x but im not new to unreal based games or fps in general, racking up 3+ kills in the space of a few seconds moments after they have left a buildings door even when invisible is surely suspect esp when their miles and miles ahead of their own team.

hell i even ended up on the same team and while watching them its blatantly obvious to many that its just not right or normal.