Beacons Won't Disarm

Terekhov

I've had this happen at least 3 times now: myself or an ally disarms a beacon with more than 10 seconds to go on its countdown, in zero-lag conditions, and...it doesn't disarm. It just keeps counting and destroys the building.

A lot of times the beacon(s) before and after the buggy one disarm perfectly fine..but when it costs you a building, it's a tad frustrating.

• Totem Arts Staff

I am sure I read somewhere that what you are describing is intentional.

From what I recall the timer is 30 seconds to disarm plus 10 seconds of animation. Meaning total time of 40 seconds.

So if the timer ticks down to 10 the beacon becomes immune and the attack goes off to prevent what used to happen in the original where the animation ticked down with the last 10 seconds and could simply disappear with milliseconds to spare before detonation.

The last 5-10 seconds is an undisarmable time currently. It isn't 30 and 10 though - it's more like 47 and 5-10 (I'm not sure on the exact undisarmable time - though I thought it was 5 seconds).

This is a common report though, so the way it works may be changed. Either that, or a more clear stating of when the beacon becomes undisarmable will occur.

I would say it makes more sense as it is right now, the beacon (I would think) is there to allow the 'lock on' for the Nuke or Ion Cannon, one the missile is in flight, or the satellite is in position and charging to fire, I wouldn't expect it to need the beacon anymore - unless it's that windy in space as to knock the Ion cannon satellite off course... :)

The last 5-10 seconds is an undisarmable time currently. It isn't 30 and 10 though - it's more like 47 and 5-10 (I'm not sure on the exact undisarmable time - though I thought it was 5 seconds).

This is a common report though, so the way it works may be changed. Either that, or a more clear stating of when the beacon becomes undisarmable will occur.

I did some testing with the beacons and from the times I got the total length from placing to finish animation is about 57 seconds. With the first 47 seconds being the disarm phase and the last 10 seconds on the count down being immune.