Balancing Suggestions

BigWyrm67

The assault rifle for the soldier is way to accurate. It doesn't look like it has a cone of fire at all, it just shoots straight as a laser. I have counter-sniped snipers with the assault rifle several times and I should not be able to do that. Please consider giving the assault rifle a bigger cone of fire.

The marksman's rifle feels way underpowered. I takes 8+ body shots to kill with it or 2-3 head shots. That is not very sniper like. I know the marksman is supposed to be basic and not very powerful, but he does so little damage he feels useless as a sniper. Please consider increasing the damage on the basic marksman's rifle.

Not sure if this is a feature or an oversight but the silenced pistol has unlimited ammo while its machine pistol counterpart doesn't. Both of these are very basic weapons and I don't feel giving the machine pistol unlimited ammo will make it overpowered. Please consider giving the machine pistol unlimited ammo.

Thank you for your time and patience in considering my ideas. :)

Update: The first and third appear to be bugs.

The assault rifle does have a cone of fire but if you stand still and ADS before shooting there will be no cone of fire and will shoot perfectly straight.

The silenced pistol only has unlimited ammo in skirmish mode.

I second the marksman suggestion. The marksman class is extremely underpowered. I realize an attempt was being made to keep it from overshadowing more expensive sniper classes, but it's almost useless unless you have complete surprise on a single enemy. My suggestion would be to make it so it does enough to kill units with less than 300 health in a single direct headshot. Either that or make it shoot a bit faster and have a larger magazine.

I think the marksman may be fine as he is. He offers some way to counter aircraft with basic infantry, as well as to give you a fighting chance against snipers looking for easy targets.

The only possible boost he could use is an ever faster projectile bullet.

• 3 weeks later...

Cones of fires are terrible. If anything it should be removed from the AR, not increased. Its ultimately one of the worst weapon in the game and if anyone dies to it, they really deserved to die. This isn't "insert any other modern game". Anything within its range it shuold be able to hit, otherwise bullets dissipate and as such you're not actually counter-"sniping" anybody

Heck I wish ramjets and snipers would be so much worse when getting fired by autos just to get rid of the "sniper rules all" phenomenon but I know thats not going to happen either and plenty would disagree.

My suggestion would be to make it so it does enough to kill units with less than 300 health in a single direct headshot. Either that or make it shoot a bit faster and have a larger magazine.

300?

How ridiculous can you get?

Main problem i have with the weapon is that it really feels like its should be hitscan yet its not.

Cones of fires are terrible. If anything it should be removed from the AR, not increased. Its ultimately one of the worst weapon in the game and if anyone dies to it, they really deserved to die. This isn't "insert any other modern game". Anything within its range it shuold be able to hit, otherwise bullets dissipate and as such you're not actually counter-"sniping" anybody

Heck I wish ramjets and snipers would be so much worse when getting fired by autos just to get rid of the "sniper rules all" phenomenon but I know thats not going to happen either and plenty would disagree.

My suggestion would be to make it so it does enough to kill units with less than 300 health in a single direct headshot. Either that or make it shoot a bit faster and have a larger magazine.

300?

How ridiculous can you get?

Main problem i have with the weapon is that it really feels like its should be hitscan yet its not.

300 Health + armor is what I had in mind and no I don't think that's ridiculous for a headshot from a slow firing accuracy based class. I wasn't talking about before the headshot multiplier either. I mean 300 is what it should do after the multiplier. It doesn't matter that it is free. Its bullets are not hitscan, its scope is terrible, and its health/armor are basic. A 500 sniper would still be better (more health, instant hitscan bullets) and a 1000 sniper is still way better.

The marksman could have the lowest health to balance out increasing its damage if need be. The current damage of the rifle is nearly useless as it is though.