Renegade x mac/linux client[version 0.2 is live]

Absolly

Well I got as far as loading the intros, but as soon as I get to the main menu(which doesn't appear) I get a new even worse looking error....

fixme:d3d:debug_d3dformat Unrecognized 0x34324644 (as fourcc: DF24) WINED3DFORMAT!
fixme:d3d:wined3d_get_format Can't find format unrecognized (0x34324644) in the format lookup table
fixme:d3d9:D3DPERF_SetOptions (0x1) : stub
fixme:d3d:query_init Unhandled query type 0xc.
fixme:thread:SetThreadIdealProcessor (0x378): stub
fixme:d3d:resource_check_usage Unhandled usage flags 0x8.
err:d3d:wined3d_debug_callback 0x2ddead48: "glPointSize parameter  has an invalid value 'nan': must be greater than 0.000000 (GL_INVALID_VALUE)".
err:d3d:state_pscale >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_VALUE (0x501) from glPointSize(...); @ state.c / 1568
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7bcd0ea0 "loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 0054, blocked by 002f, retrying (60 sec)

I'm thinking this is the beta driver screaming at me....

yes this definitely looks like something that has yet to be patched, hope someone online made a patch for it

I'm also using a beta version of wine too >_>... So I might install wine1.6 tomorrow and try my luck with that since it's a little more stable as well...

Side note, I found more people with the new error, found a couple more fixes as well.

Edit: If I EVER get this working, I'll probably try and get a PlayOnLinux wrapper(idk what they call it now) setup and post it here so it'll be less of a hassle installing it.

i wonder what causes the white bg glitch on launcher i have intel hd graphics so i can't use the ati drivers to fix it

also when running the laucher.jar directly from osx i don't get the white bg problem but of course i can't run the game from there

Is this on OSX or Linux? Also, as far as I know, aren't Intel drivers on Linux open-source ones anyways?

this is on osx

Can you send me what wine complains about when you load the launcher and I'll compare it with mine, now that it's normal.

Also, with playonlinux, I got it working almost perfectly.... The launcher doesn't work worth crap(I don't think I installed everything for it to work yet). However, I can get into the game, but the size of the window isn't quite right and whatever I change inside the .ini file just changes the size of the game inside the game window instead of making the window bigger... If I try and drag a corner for the game, it works for a second and the game freezes and dies..(no log from POL either..) This was all just before I left work, so I'll get back to that tomorrow and try my luck some more. I'm just glad I got into the game and the FPS was about 30!

Edit: My laptop has an Intel graphics just like yours, I might put Linux on there for a bit and see if I can debug it a bit there as well.

Edit2: After installing a ton of .NET crap...and waiting forever, I got the launcher to appear properly on POL in a VM.. So try doing winetricks dotnet35 dotnet40. Then download .NET 4.5 and install that as well. http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... 86_x64.exe <--- Link for 4.5. http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.p ... &iId=25478 <-- Instructions on installing 4.5. Don't know about launching the game yet, the VM doesn't seem to like 3D to much, so I'll have to wait till tomorrow.

Edited by Guest

Just a quick note, make sure you use the latest winetricks version... The one ubuntu provides is fairly old and I didn't realize this and might have lost a few hairs because of it >_>....

For reference, ubuntu provides version 2013#### and the latest is 2014####. If you do not have the 2014 version, dotnet installs will not install properly....

Well, I'm throwing in the towel for now, I don't know what I did, but I only got to the menu screen once and haven't been able to get there ever since then... A lot of fingers point at AMD/ATI cards, however, from what I see, it's more a .NET problem... (could be a problem with the version of wine for Ubuntu as well).

So, they said there's a lot of new gaming updates coming in 1.7, so once 1.7 gets streamlined into the stable repo, I'll take another stab at this. There's just to many things going against UT3/AMD at the moment.

One last thing though, for some reason after some point I had to do

winetricks d3dx11_43

because it said it was missing. I'm not sure what made it want that DX file, but it didn't need it when I started this whole adventure..

Edit: So as it turns out, after wine 1.7 there was a serious regression somewhere and prevented UDK from launching anymore and anything below 1.5 does not allow it to launch either(and if it does it'll utterly fail in the end)... I have gone up to 1.6.2 and it seems to launch and will load. However, it's in windowed mode and refuses to go any bigger without freezing up and dieing(however if you change the settings in the game it trys harder to survive).

Okay, after reinstalling my FGLRX driver(I uninstalled because it was bugging me and I have the beta version because of my ubuntu version...).

I present a fully working(ish) version on Ubuntu 13.10 with POL and Wine 1.6.2(I will post details in a new post on how I got this far....

Note: I did not install .NET 4.5, it broke a lot more than it fixed, so you'll have to deal with white text on the launcher for now... I'm still looking into what 4.5 is providing that is fixing the white text deal...

DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS YET, STILL WRITING THEM UP!

Just an fyi, just link to this post in the main thread instead of copying it there, that way it won't make the main thread to long :).

Installing Renegade X

Prerquisites:

Latest version of the linux distro version you are using or at least within a couple major versions.

Proprietary Video Drivers (nVidia people might be okay with opensource, but it you get weird coloring and a ton of errors, you probably need to install them). Intel people, this game may or may not work for you, if you have a i5-i7, you'll probably be okay.

Latest PlayOnLinux (Latest as of this post is 4.2.2) - Use your distro's way to install it.

Must meet the Mininum Requirements for playing UT3 (if not the recommended ones)

1. Now that you got playonlinux ready to go, now we can get to business.
  2. Open up POL and click configure
  3. Once in there, hit New
  4. Then name it whatever.
  5. Now in the main post it says to install some things with winetricks, I have my own list to give you, refer to the list below this.

Components

1. dxfullsetup
  2. Microsoft Core Fonts
  3. msxml3
  4. All the vcrun200#

If someone who has Playonlinux/Playonmac(I think this is the same as POL) could you guys test this script out? I've also included the config file that I am using on my laptop at the moment.

Copy the config file to drive_c/Program Files/Renegade X/UDKGame/Config/. Do this before you launch Renegade.

I had a few bugs in a previous version, please make sure you get the latest version of this script.

Thanks!

Edit: Here is a screenshot of a game on my laptop, runs about 20-25fps. Which is pretty average since on windows that's about the same I get for another UT3 engine game I have. In all, the intel display driver handles UT3 a lot better than the radeon driver. AKA, I can resize the window and nothing crashes most of the time.

nowip.jpg.cbbcb1b85784a41f6ba5c7eac5d97f0c.jpg

RenegadeX.sh.tar.gz

Edited by Guest

I don't understand how to install on my mac, please help!

first you download the game normally - link in main post

then you download my wrapper -link in main post

extract the Renegade X 0.2.7z

then right click on the extracted wrapper and click "show package contents"

open wineskin

click "install software"

select the renegade x setup EXE

follow the install normally

afterwards go into advanced in wineskin

and in windows EXE insert or browse to: /Program Files/Renegade X/Renegade X.exe

to fix the white text glitch in the launcher, go to the tools tab and click winetricks

search for: fontsmooth=rgb

check the box and click run

when it says "winetricks commands finished!!"

click close

now you can start the app and the renegade launcher will show up

Got the program to open! The text is fixed!

Keep getting stuck on the "powered by unreal technology thing"

Can't get a crash report. I tried on 1.6.2 ... no luck

make sure the launcher is closed so wine can see the program has quit then you should get a log

post the log here so i can see what is going on

I have a feeling you get the same problem that I was experiencing on linux, it probably doesn't like starting in FullScreen.

(Absolly could tell you where to find drive_c, I don't use Mac, so I can't say for sure where wineskin puts it.)

Go to drive_c/Program Files/Renegade X/UDKGame/Config/ and edit the UDKSystemSettings.ini with any text editor. Search for FullScreen, should be in the top 20-30 lines or so. Change the value to false and then try starting the game again.

These error messages crop up. It works by renaming the initial movie file to get rid of the intro movie at the beginning of the game but you need to go ok to each of these messages to get in game.

Any fix for that?

As far as the error msg goes, it'll just keep popping up at big events(going into a new game or going to the main menu). I had the same thing as well. You can just press the enter key as soon as it pops up and it'll go away till you go back to the menu or change a major screen. Not sure what's causing it as I saw nothing wrong in the logs and it doesn't affect the gameplay at all.

I have a feeling you get the same problem that I was experiencing on linux, it probably doesn't like starting in FullScreen.

(Absolly could tell you where to find drive_c, I don't use Mac, so I can't say for sure where wineskin puts it.)

Go to drive_c/Program Files/Renegade X/UDKGame/Config/ and edit the UDKSystemSettings.ini with any text editor. Search for FullScreen, should be in the top 20-30 lines or so. Change the value to false and then try starting the game again.

THANKS SO MUCH DUDE THIS WORKED =D

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, I'm a noob at installing ports, and I can see you're very busy, but I get stuck in the instructions where it says "select renegade x" after "Install Software". I only get a "choose executable" option, and when I hit that, then the .exe I got from the main site, It says it has to be in the C:/ drive. So I copied it into the C drive, that I got to from the shortcut within the extracted .app… but then I can't find it? It only gives me the option to select a .exe from anywhere on my mac except the renegade.app package???

How do I into renegade?

Thanks for all your help!

Hey, I'm a noob at installing ports, and I can see you're very busy, but I get stuck in the instructions where it says "select renegade x" after "Install Software". I only get a "choose executable" option, and when I hit that, then the .exe I got from the main site, It says it has to be in the C:/ drive. So I copied it into the C drive, that I got to from the shortcut within the extracted .app… but then I can't find it? It only gives me the option to select a .exe from anywhere on my mac except the renegade.app package???

How do I into renegade?

Thanks for all your help!

it doesn't have to be inside the c drive, you might have accedentely pressed browse instead of install that is all i can think off

• 1 month later...

So I've tried downloading the wrapper, however every time i do, the Wineskin won't function.

It's very annoying, and i have tried replacing it with a fresh one, however everything seems to be going wrong, as i've not been able to get past the launch menu, i can view servers, but i can't join any or go to the in game menu, and i'm pretty it's because of the wineskin.

Anyone else having this problem?

So I've tried downloading the wrapper, however every time i do, the Wineskin won't function.

It's very annoying, and i have tried replacing it with a fresh one, however everything seems to be going wrong, as i've not been able to get past the launch menu, i can view servers, but i can't join any or go to the in game menu, and i'm pretty it's because of the wineskin.

Anyone else having this problem?

could you post some logs(use spoiler tags!)

WineskinX11: main(): argc=12

Waiting for startup parameters via Mach IPC.

WineskinX11: do_start_x11_server(): argc=12

Attempting to use pixel depth of 24

[1395482.737] WineskinX11 starting:

[1395482.737] X.Org X Server 1.13.0

[1395482.737] Build Date: 20120921

[1395482.737] _XSERVTransmkdir: ERROR: euid != 0,directory /tmp/.X11-unix will not be created.

[1395482.741] Initializing built-in extension Generic Event Extension

[1395482.741] Initializing built-in extension SHAPE

[1395482.741] Initializing built-in extension MIT-SHM

[1395482.741] Initializing built-in extension XInputExtension

[1395482.741] Initializing built-in extension XTEST

[1395482.741] Initializing built-in extension BIG-REQUESTS

[1395482.741] Initializing built-in extension SYNC

[1395482.741] Initializing built-in extension XKEYBOARD

[1395482.741] Initializing built-in extension XC-MISC

[1395482.741] Initializing built-in extension XINERAMA

[1395482.741] Initializing built-in extension PseudoramiX

[1395482.741] Initializing built-in extension XFIXES

[1395482.741] Initializing built-in extension RENDER

[1395482.741] Initializing built-in extension RANDR

[1395482.741] Initializing built-in extension DAMAGE

[1395482.741] Initializing built-in extension MIT-SCREEN-SAVER

[1395482.741] Initializing built-in extension DOUBLE-BUFFER

[1395482.741] Initializing built-in extension RECORD

[1395482.741] Initializing built-in extension X-Resource

[1395482.741] Initializing built-in extension XVideo

[1395482.741] Initializing built-in extension XVideo-MotionCompensation

[1395482.741] Initializing built-in extension GLX

[1395482.741] x: 0, y: 0, w: 1440, h: 878

[1395483.402] (II) GLX: Initialized Core OpenGL GL provider for screen 0

[1395483.403] [dix] Could not init font path element /opt/X11/share/fonts/75dpi, removing from list!

[1395483.403] [dix] Could not init font path element /opt/X11/share/fonts/100dpi, removing from list!

[1395483.403] [dix] Could not init font path element /opt/X11/share/fonts/cyrillic, removing from list!

[1395483.403] [dix] Could not init font path element /opt/X11/share/fonts/misc, removing from list!

[1395483.403] [dix] Could not init font path element /opt/X11/share/fonts/OTF, removing from list!

[1395483.403] [dix] Could not init font path element /opt/X11/share/fonts/Speedo, removing from list!

[1395483.403] [dix] Could not init font path element /opt/X11/share/fonts/TTF, removing from list!

[1395483.403] [dix] Could not init font path element /opt/X11/share/fonts/Type1, removing from list!

[1395483.403] [dix] Could not init font path element /opt/X11/share/fonts/util, removing from list!

[1395483.528] x: 0, y: 0, w: 1440, h: 878

[1395483.630] noPseudoramiXExtension=0, pseudoramiXNumScreens=1

Engine Used: WS9Wine1.7.18

Hardware:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro6,2

Processor Name: Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 2

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 3 MB

Memory: 4 GB

Processor Interconnect Speed: 4.8 GT/s

Boot ROM Version: MBP61.0057.B0C

SMC Version (system): 1.58f17

Sudden Motion Sensor:

State: Enabled

Graphics/Displays:

Intel HD Graphics:

Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics

Type: GPU

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 288 MB

VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 10

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x0046

Revision ID: 0x0018

gMux Version: 1.9.21

NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0a29

Revision ID: 0x00a2

ROM Revision: 3560

gMux Version: 1.9.21

Displays:

Color LCD:

Display Type: LCD

Resolution: 1440 x 900

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Built-In: Yes

c000-000000000046}

err:module:import_dll Library X3DAudio1_7.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Renegade X\\Binaries\\Win32\\UDK.exe") not found

err:module:import_dll Library XAPOFX1_5.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Renegade X\\Binaries\\Win32\\UDK.exe") not found

err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\Renegade X\\Binaries\\Win32\\UDK.exe" failed, status c0000135

err:module:import_dll Library X3DAudio1_7.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Renegade X\\Binaries\\Win32\\UDK.exe") not found

err:module:import_dll Library XAPOFX1_5.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Renegade X\\Binaries\\Win32\\UDK.exe") not found

err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\Renegade X\\Binaries\\Win32\\UDK.exe" failed, status c0000135

stopped

fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x6d65ddd4) stub

fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x6e1c50c4) stub

fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x6e505474) stub

fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x6e4d9df4) stub

fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x6d62a874) stub

fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x6d413b8c) stub

fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x6e67b58c) stub

fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x6d31cbfc) stub

fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x6e8803cc) stub

fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x6d5ac03c) stub

fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x6e7e940c) stub

fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x6ebd66ec) stub

Gave that a shot, but sadly no change.

The in game button essentially gets highlighted, but then nothing happens, whereas all the other buttons work fine.

If i click on a server with a password, it immediately asks for the password, but if i click on one without, it's the same problem

Gave that a shot, but sadly no change.

The in game button essentially gets highlighted, but then nothing happens, whereas all the other buttons work fine.

If i click on a server with a password, it immediately asks for the password, but if i click on one without, it's the same problem

and if you try launching the udk.exe directly?

drive_c/Program Files/Renegade X/Binaries/Win32/UDK.exe

Tried that already, nothing happens. After 10 seconds the process stops and the log messages come up.

It doesn't seem to like launching through that.

Bear in mind, i am using a wineskin wrapper i had made in the Winery app, as i can't open the one in the original download

My gatekeeper is more or less disabled, this special patch you mentioned is probably the reason, as i've only been able to install it on a new wineskin, so it doesn't have the unreal engine.

So now i need to sort out that problem.

Cheers for your help though!

ok new development, i tried to download and unzip the wrapper on my dad's pc (i've already tried to play it on there, but it doesn't have the memory)

i then extracted the wrapper and put it onto my mac, the wineskin works, however now it won't load the setup, and gives me the "no executables found" error message. I think someone else got that before, how is that best dealt with? If i can get past that obstacle, it might actually work!

I did try that, but then of course the "choose a setup" option doesn't work because it won't allow me to look into the wrapper for the file, and when i try and put it in the run executive file where the renegade x.exe usually is, it just won't load.

I'm giving up for now, going to try and download everything again later. So frustrating!

• 1 month later...

Hi, I've been trying to get this working on Linux Slackware 14.1 with Wine 1.6.2 and latest winetricks, and I'm on my second set of frustrated attempts. Here's my specs:

Intel Core i5-4670 CPU @ 3.40GHz

cpu MHz : 800.000

cache size : 6144 KB

bogomips : 6784.55

clflush size : 64

cache_alignment : 64

address sizes : 39 bits physical, 48 bits virtual

VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Haswell Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 06)

Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device d000

Kernel driver in use: i915

Kernel modules: i915

Dynamic video memory

RAM: 8 GB

HDD: 1 TB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*First of all, dxfullsetup does NOT exist for winetricks (yes, the very latest winetricks).

dxfullsetup = d3dcompiler_43

June 2010 DirectX 9c

Source: http://www.playonlinux.com/en/app-804-P ... setup.html

*On running the game, I do get:

err:module:import_dll Library d3dx11_43.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Renegade X\\Binaries\\Win32\\UDK.exe") not found

So, winetricks d3dx11_43 is also needed.

*I used the UDKSystemSettings.ini provided because the game never got to the point of making that file:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=72191&start=63#p128677

If someone who has Playonlinux/Playonmac(I think this is the same as POL) could you guys test this script out? I've also included the config file that I am using on my laptop at the moment.

Copy the config file to drive_c/Program Files/Renegade X/UDKGame/Config/. Do this before you launch Renegade.

I had a few bugs in a previous version, please make sure you get the latest version of this script.

*I Removed or Renamed /Renegade X/UDKGame/Movies/ movies (.bik).

*ERROR without .NET (winetricks dotnet40): "UDK.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close."

Terminal output: http://pastebin.com/swrtcFhq

*With .NET (winetricks dotnet40), pop-up says:

"Ran out of video memory! Exiting.."

*Modified MobileMaxMemory=100 in UDKSystemSettings.ini:

"UDK.exe-.NET Framework Initialization Error

Unable to find a version of the runtime to run this application."

THEN after some loading ...

Terminal output: http://pastebin.com/iQnCKAV6

Note that these crashes are all on trying to join a server, as the launcher seems to work ok at this point.

So, I'm not exactly sure how anything's running out of memory considering that (I'm pretty sure) the integrated graphics card reserves RAM as necessary, and it's pretty much all unused the whole time.

I'm not sure if it could help, but can someone provide a UDKSystemSettings.ini set to the minimum possible settings ever, with no special effects whatsoever, as low as humanly possible, minimum screen resolution, and fullscreen off, of course? I've messed around with the settings some, but it's mostly crashed more because of it, and even found an AllowOpenGL setting, although it just causes crashing.

I know a lot of these errors have more to do with wine, but I wonder if the game devs could understand some of these bits of problems or references?

Well, anyway, any help is very much appreciated.

*With .NET (winetricks dotnet40), pop-up says:

i think the problem is that wine doenst know how much vram you card has

open regedit

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Wine/Direct3D]

add string

VideoMemorySize

and set it to 512(might need to set it higher but start with that)

Oh yeah, now I remember why I quit my last attempt about a month ago: When I tried to do this, I realized that I don't seem to have [HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Wine/Direct3D]. There is no Direct3D directory in the listing. I'm not exactly sure why, since I definitely used those Direct X winetricks overrides. I just got stuck there. I wonder if I could hack-ishly work my way around it with a copy of a registry that does have Direct3D? I think system.reg and user.reg in .wine have what I need, although maybe just writing in the lines might be easier (manually or via regedit). I just need exactly what to put in.

Or maybe I need to install something specific regarding Direct3D?

Oh yeah, now I remember why I quit my last attempt about a month ago: When I tried to do this, I realized that I don't seem to have [HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Wine/Direct3D]. There is no Direct3D directory in the listing. I'm not exactly sure why, since I definitely used those Direct X winetricks overrides. I just got stuck there. I wonder if I could hack-ishly work my way around it with a copy of a registry that does have Direct3D? I think system.reg and user.reg in .wine have what I need, although maybe just writing in the lines might be easier (manually or via regedit). I just need exactly what to put in.

Or maybe I need to install something specific regarding Direct3D?

you can just create this directory and add the string

Amazing! It actually works! I'll have to tweak some settings because almost everything (not just the ground) is black. But the real problem is, I can't see my cursor at all, and it's nearly impossible to interact with menus (keys, TAB, arrows barely work, and only sometimes). I'll keep trying to mess with winecfg settings, and maybe I'll look into similar wine issues too. I'll report if I fix it.

Fix all black everything and mouse function + render (read the Patent warning though):

http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/S3TC/

There is an open-source, patent-free alternative of sorts, but I haven't tested it independently (the link ABOVE works by itself, but this open-source one BELOW I have not tested on its own):

https://github.com/divVerent/s2tc/wiki/libtxc_dxtn

So you would run:

export force_s3tc_enable=true

wine ./Renegade\ X.exe

Note that you should try to have the latest graphics drivers, so with intel mesa 9.0+, GLSL 1.30+, Intel Integrated Graphics card later than HD2000 (See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison ... sing_units), according to a similar problem with Steam

( https://github.com/ValveSoftware/steam- ... /issues/19

http://steamcommunity.com/app/221410/di ... 956036/#p1 ). The fix might be able to work without all these, but it's recommended.

Here's my UDKSystemSettings.ini if you need it, because the other one provided on this thread crashes. http://pastebin.com/1zzwD4mE

EDIT: I did also install winetricks dotnet20 dotnet30 based on UT3 on wine appdb, but I don't think that changed anything.

Oh, and thanks for all the help on getting RenegadeX to work on wine! :)

Edited by Guest

Yeah, the open-source, patent-free option doesn't seem to do anything by itself, or at least I have no idea how to enable it to work with anything ... might have to ask those devs at some point.

Oh yeah, also, the game resets the system configs every time, so you have to set everything up and then make the file non-writable via permissions.

I've optimized (really minimized) the UDKSystemSettings.ini, so that things run smoothly.

Optimized UDKSystemSettings.ini: http://pastebin.com/eJXbHXFp

*Required Settings for Textures to Show (in case lots of things are black):

DirectionalLightmaps=True

OneFrameThreadLag=True

*Optional Additions that do change something visibly (currently DynamicLights=False on the optimized one I included, for performance):

DynamicLights=True

DropParticleDistortion=True

The DynamicLights seem to add some lights. DropParticleDistortion I'm sure helps with something. The rest you can test out, but don't seem to do much (Everything down to and including AllowPerFrameYield in UDKSystemSettings.ini can be false, except those mentioned.).

*Map Problem:

Field -> Don't go into the big field area. Lags to death even looking at it from your base entrance. Stay at base and defend, or go through the personnel tunnels.

*I've seen a strange error pop up on Black-Cell server, crashing the game:

wine: Call from 0x7ed0877e to unimplemented function d3dx9_36.dll.D3DXDisassembleShader, aborting

wine: Call from 0x7ed0877e to unimplemented function d3dx9_36.dll.D3DXDisassembleShader, aborting

fixme:dbghelp:module_remove This shouldn't happen

The fix for this is winetricks d3dx9_36 , after which it runs fine (so add that to the requirements at some point).