XINPUT1_3.dll error resolved

Burgen

Hi Renegade players,

since the method of resolving the XINPUT1_3.dll error posted in the tech support section did not work for me, I'll post the method that did (for me at least):

I'm using Win 8.1 (64 bit) and could not install the DLL-files because of reasons I still don't understand (I followed the instructions in the sticky post). Something about an internal system error, even a workaround for this didn't work since Windows simply wouldn't let me install a lower DirectX-version. I think this problem occured because I installed RenegadeX into a completely fresh copy of my Operating System and the DirectX version did not have all the necessary DLLs.

So i just started up steam, launched a game that i thought also required those DLLs ("Rift" in my case, it's free anyway) and it immediately said that my DirectX version was too low. Steam fixes those problems automatically, so there you go. Might work for you 2.

Also, great game ("whiteout"-map is a little bit too bright though)! Keep up the good work.

-B

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm encountering this problem now and the posted solutions are not working for me. I had been running Windows 8.1 and just bought a new laptop running Windows 10. I tried the link for downloading the DirectX End-User runtime and it seems to be deprecated. I searched online to try and find the dll files needed and placed them in Windows/System32 and it made no difference (except that now the error messages show up in a different order). I tried this method of installing Rift and it made no difference. I tried transferring the dll files from my old laptop onto my new one and it made no difference. Is there anything else I can try?

Edit: Fixed my problem. The files I transferred from my old computer had to be placed in the Renegade X/Binaries/Win32 folder; originally I had placed them in Windows/System32. Also the xinput1_3.dll file was no good for this computer for some reason, but I found the library that was supposed to be linked to in the solution for this problem: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=8109. I downloaded that, extracted it, and found xinput1_3.dll in APR2007_xinput_x64.cab. I hope this helps someone else.

• 3 years later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

You can try installing the UE3 Redistributable from the download section here: 

That should fix that missing file problem.

But overall if you are receiving that error, it means installation was corrupt somehow. I would recommend completely uninstalling everything Renegade X and try installing fresh again.