Is this person hacking?

Stonestud

Been a long time player of old school renegade, Just started last night on this one.

Now Ive been noticing a certain player (whom i wont name just yet as im unsure whats going on) that is "freaking fast" Id like to say running around at like 10x faster than anyone else. Now i have a pretty decent computer and I am consistently getting top numbers and kills with none to very little lag.

Everyone else s "speed" seems very normal but this guys. Heck last map on Jelly-Server, He personally c4'd the whole base within 5-10 minutes. He would've been a lot faster had i not been defending and mining.

Anyone else seen this yet?

Admins can also start a demorecording with "demorec demoname" after beeing logged in as admin. Every playermovement is recorded in the demorecordings and can then later be reviewed and can also help us to identify problems. A previously recorded demo can be viewed with "demoplay demoname".

I I've been looking on the internet, and someone has already requested a hack already:

http://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.ph ... &p=9338961

I can't find anything inside the actual renegade x files that you could change this with.

lol there is a whole forum just filled with cheaters? holy crap ^^ i understand the challenge for a programer to get around security aspects of a game... but i can't understand why using them online... never made sense for me... like: "wow, i'm invincible... this game is soooo fun if there is no challenge involved..."

anyway i read a few posts... most of the people there can't even write a correct sentence ^^ best part is the Anti-VAC Forums where people wine because they are banned from VAC and don't find a way around it xD

Suggestion: Enable VAC and make it a steam game for release...

VAC cant be enabled with this game for multiple reasons.

Im not surprised things like this are popping up. At multiple times while I was playing, I would clip into a rock or vehicle and then get slingshot at super speed. Im sure these are more exploits than straight hacks. Once bugs start getting addressed, I suspect many of these issues will vanish.