Asking for Steam ID?

HunterKiller

Why? I've never even heard of this game until it was posted on Steam by another member. Is this game going to be offered on Steam or, is it just a game I can play without needing to use Steam access? I don't want to get banned from Steam for sharing my info here. I have TOOOOOOOOOOO much money invested for this to happen.

Let me know and if it doesn't require Steam.

Edited by Guest

At the moment, the game is not offered on Steam. It is just a game you can play without needing Steam access.

At the moment, using Steam when you play does two things:

1) Uses your Steam name for ingame.

2) Allows for stat tracking.

If you do not use Steam, you have set your name and stats will not be tracked.

Nah, not for me. Nothing but, lame players killing with vehicles everyone on foot. Bad Idea. Got to score kills spamming rockets. What a joke.

It's working fine with W7 but the game is full of spawn killing vehicles. Not worth my time. Thanks anyway.

I saw it on the Home Page where the game is advertised.

System Requirements

Minimum:

Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista

2.0+ GHz processor

2 GB system RAM

SM3-compatible video card

4 GB free hard drive space

Recommended :

Windows Vista 64 SP2

2.0+ GHz multi-core processor

4 GB system RAM

NVIDIA 200 series or higher graphics card

Plenty of HDD space

Considering vehicles can not spawn kill you unless you decide to immediately run towards them after spawning with nothing but a gun, die and label that as 'spawn killing', I can't help myself but question your mentality. What kind of infantry would chose to go head on against tanks is beyond me.

Arms yourself better. Hide yourself from their vision. Pick them off from from afar. Or just duke it out with you driving another tank.

Practicing against bots first would be a good idea, as I would have had no clue what to do if I jumped right into a multiplayer match after installing.

Also, restart your steam and run the game again from it in order for your name to appear.

I was playing on the Skirmish mode. As for my mentality, please do not insult me with your ignorance. I know not to run in front of a fking vehicle. I'm not some fking retard. I've more than likely, been playing games a lot longer than you have and I play them, 24/7.

Now, your smart-ass friend above has already put me in a bad mood and that's not good coming from a community looking for new members/players now, is it?

One other thing, usually, when a player shows up as RED, you kill him, however, that's not the case in this game. I see a red named player and when I go to shoot at him, he's got a green square around him. Kind of dumb, actually. Next thing you know, an actual red named player, the enemy, is killing me. So, wtf is up with that?

As for restarting Steam, it doesn't require Steam to play and I didn't start it from Steam, I use the shortcut it placed on my desktop. This game is not in my Steam Library. However, Steam was running.

The game isn't on steam however because it uses the UDK steam recognizes it and shows that you're playing a default UDK game if steam is running.

Usually, when a player shows up as RED, you kill him, however, that's not the case in this game. I see a red named player and when I go to shoot at him, he's got a green square around him. Kind of dumb, actually. Next thing you know, an actual red named player, the enemy, is killing me. So, wtf is that?

There's a crate that spawns in the map with random effects, it either gives you credits, a vehicle, a different character, a refill or turns you into a spy. As a spy you look like the enemy and have an enemy character. That's what you ran into, if I understand correctly.

If vehicles spawn camp you then the map is nearing it's end as your team is probably screwed if they let enemies spawn camp the base.

It's pretty hard to kill infantry with vehicles as explosions don't have "realistic" splash damage like say, battlefield does.

Tanks are best against buildings and other vehicles.

Some maps have base defenses that don't let anyone waltz in.

If you've had a bad experience it's because you didn't play on the right server.

Stay off the 64 player clusterfuck servers and go into a 20 player server, play from the beginning of the map and see how it works out.

Also

I don't want to get banned from Steam for sharing my info here. I have TOOOOOOOOOOO much money invested for this to happen.

You obviously don't know how steam works.

VAC bans are automatic and are per game engine.

Nobody can ban you off steam manually.

Edited by Guest

I was playing on the Skirmish mode. As for my mentality, please do not insult me with your ignorance. I know not to run in front of a fking vehicle. I'm not some fking retard. I've more than likely, been playing games a lot longer than you have and I play them, 24/7.

Now, your smart-ass friend above has already put me in a bad mood and that's not good coming from a community looking for new members/players now, is it?

One other thing, usually, when a player shows up as RED, you kill him, however, that's not the case in this game. I see a red named player and when I go to shoot at him, he's got a green square around him. Kind of dumb, actually. Next thing you know, an actual red named player, the enemy, is killing me. So, wtf is up with that?

As for restarting Steam, it doesn't require Steam to play and I didn't start it from Steam, I use the shortcut it placed on my desktop. This game is not in my Steam Library. However, Steam was running.

I think you need to relax, taking people over serious on the internet tells me you have an attitude problem in your personal life as well lol.

Using heroes specifically attributed towards taking down armor is actually rather easy, I just played a match where I used various heroes and took down Mammoth tanks left and right.

The game isn't going to be perfectly polished in beta and as someone said above the original had the same exact mechanics for the most part so unless it gets wide spread complaints than maybe the developers will try to balance it a bit better but so far I think its really good and I applaud how well the developers did when making this remake. I just wish the NOD had more horse power with vehicles but its a minor complaint.

I'd love it if you don't play the "You scare possible community member away"- card. It's awful.

And it would be better if you'd stop the insulting. [smart-Ass & Asshole count as insults.]

I was just sorting out if you may had used newb tactics, which is fine as starter.

The Color thing is something related to the universe which this game is pretty sticking to. Nod is Red (metallic), GDI is Yellow. (Blue in some cases. Don't forget, C&C is a series). Thus, if a red player is killing you, you're belonging to the yellow, GDI, team. And to preserve the athmosphere but still having kind of a gameplay he's got a green square around him to actually identify him. Or am I misunderstanding you here? [i'm not having a colorproblem because I'm pretty used to it and stopped thinking about it ingame, because I'm just playing the game.]

Edited by Guest

The game isn't on steam however because it uses the UDK steam recognizes it and shows that you're playing a default UDK game if steam is running.

I think that only applies if you have UDK installed from steam already. I don't have it and had to manually add UDK.exe to my steam library as a non-steam game, and it worked. Though it's not showing that I'm playing an UDK game.

Other method of changing your name would be through renegade launcher, which is in it's installation directory.

I saw something about it installing a UDK application or, something like that, as it was working. Other than that, no, I don't have it added to Steam.

As for the launcher, after exiting the game, the launcher kept running. I had to use Task Manager to stop it. I went to play another game on Steam and it locked up causing me to use TM and that's when I saw that the launcher was still running for this game.

Edit:

I found the launcher and typed in my name. I will check it out like I did before by starting in, 'Start In Game Menu.'

It worked that way, thanks.