Chat fades too fast

Evono

I agree it does fade too fast, but I wonder how many messages will be filling the screen if 60 players are in game. You can also hit the ~ key to bring up the message console. Try a quieter server, found one with 7 players yesterday, to have more chance to talk.

I personally like the kill message location. Kills are more of a status, chat has always been upper left corner since the beginning of online gaming.

i remember a lot games where the chat is lower left or kill messages are upper right ...

thats different in many games

but a chatbox in the PT would be sweet ...

or an optional chatbox that floats over the hud if you press a certain button ... maybe dragable

i like the way it is in natural selection now ...

if you press the chat button it opens a small box where also can ready the past chat

if you play normal, the chat does fade in and out like it is in renegadex now

so if you see something you just press the chat button if it fade too quick

It would be nice if new chat messages also displayed the last couple of lines of chat history (Basically displays the whole chat "window" and then fades away). I've seen a few games do this and it makes it much easier to follow a conversation. 64 player servers shouldn't cause that much chat and the obvious answer is to just scroll the chat up faster if too many people are talking.

Another suggestion related to the chat, I'd like the quiet bloop sound (or any other sound) that plays after a message is sent. Even with a longer chat time I think I would miss a few messages when I'm in an intense battle.

An option to disable/enable this would be very welcomed too, for those that don't want it.