Automatic Rifle damage

Nod Trooper

I don't actually think I agree.

I find it quite good, however the recoil is annoying (I always hated recoil, sorry), its hitbox seems small and its really a weapon that requires a lot of accuracy, and it also has spread if you hold the fire button too long (that should not be in Renegade, if you ask me).

In general, though, it seems improved from the original, but maybe thats just how movement in general was nerfed in terms of dodging and its easier to hit people as a result with automatics.

The carbine costs money, the autorifle doesn't.

The carbine also has 30 rounds per magazine and a really low rate of fire. It's spread is also pretty big. It does do a bit more damage though.

All in all, I much prefer the carbine but that's just my preference. But I think the autorifle is set up pretty good at the moment. You gotta remember, it's the basic weapon. Free and the one you spawn with. It shouldn't be a super top-tier performing weapon.

Takes 4 headshots to kill another rifleman. They are quite capable, you can take down heavier characters with a bit of luck. I like the slight recoil, makes them a bit harder to use when frankly they were too easy to take down enemies in a flash in the original.

I don't feel the need to buy any extra weapons. When I'm playing rifleman I'm playing an eco round. $0 means no reason not to take chances at damaging (forcing them to retreat and refill) or killing higher tier characters.

Personally I don't think the game does a good job of displaying CoF/Recoil very well. Maybe it's just because I'm on minimum settings but when I was using the AutoRifle I didn't even notice any recoil or spread and was wondering why the fuck I wasn't doing damage. Or it's possible I'm blind.

Do remember, the automatic rifle is a great weapon to start out with, but the point is to spend credits to earn better equipment.

It's a bid sad, I know, but Renegade isn't like other FPS, you can't really have a main class. A Renegade player has to learn how to adapt and pick the right characters/vehicles for the situation at hand.

The damage it does is fine, at least considering the damage it did in the original was fine and this should be similar but the recoil makes it hard to land consecutive shots rendering it a terrible weapon.

I disagree with just saying "it sucks because it's free, deal with it". It isn't the right approach.

Every unit should be viable. The free units are viable when you want to go on a suicide mission but not waste any credits and the soldier is useless. The grenadier is much better on gdi and the marksman would be better on nod.

I disagree with just saying "it sucks because it's free, deal with it". It isn't the right approach.

Every unit should be viable. The free units are viable when you want to go on a suicide mission but not waste any credits and the soldier is useless.

From what little I've played, I have to agree. Nod has tons of different infantry types but there has to be a reason you tend to see disproportionate numbers of Raveshaws.