Feature Requests

Terekhov

Feature Suggestion Topic

I posted a few and everyone started posting more, so we're compiling them in the opening post now. Post in the topic if you want your input added to this post. I'll link to the original post if I can find it when adding.

User Experience:

• Make GDI always yellow and NOD always red. The green/red thing is unhelpful. - Original Suggestion

Gameplay:

• [Feature] Vehicle Passenger Indicators: a number/icon that would show how many spots are taken and how many total spots there are, for example - Original Suggestion

Balancing:

• [Fix] The amount of damage ORCAs take from stanks. Effectively zoning orcas out of entire quadrants of the map because of a vehicle's mere presence is absurd. This really puzzled me, as y'all have made so many good design decisions...I just don't see the logic here. - Original Suggestion

User Interface:

• Show your proper rank (not #1) when you press 'K' to minimize all players' scores but yours - Original Suggestion
  • Highlight your name in the object brought up when you press as well as at the end of the game. - Original Suggestion
  • [Feature] Names auto-complete in chat/command box
  • [Feature] Change settings in-game (at least the controls/configurations if not graphics)
  • [Feature] Change character name after the UDK client starts (why can we only do it in launcher?)
    • If this isn't possible, at least put a popup before the game client opens to set the character even if people aren't using the launcher, and have a checkbox to say 'never see again' etc

[*][Feature] A !donate command or something shorter that doesn't require so many key clicks

Edited by Guest

Id like to see the chat fade lengthened. with a lot of kill spam its hard to communicate strategy with team mates.

Actually, a chat window and a separate kill feed would be more to my liking.

Massing tanks on marathon servers! I was always fond of this on old renegade.

There is a donate function already. Hold CTRL and look at the bottom of the list. In game settings will be added, the devs already said they are working on it. The naming scheme kinda has to stay the same. If youre already logged into Steam, it will automatically pull your name from there.

To add to the !donate point, I would like to be able to see how many credits my team mates have so I can see who needs them the most. !teamdonate would be useful too, I think I remember that used to split donated credits around the whole team on the original game.

I think we need passenger indicators for APCs/chinooks,other vehicles too. Perhaps allow entering friendly vehicles upon construction as a passenger only.

Also,I think the "green for allies,red for enemies" thing gets confusing while playing as Nod. My teammates names are red,but GDI unit names in the hud are displayed in red as well.

To add to the !donate point, I would like to be able to see how many credits my team mates have so I can see who needs them the most. !teamdonate would be useful too, I think I remember that used to split donated credits around the whole team on the original game.

Press 'v' to see your teammates credits/location.

I think we need passenger indicators for APCs/chinooks,other vehicles too. Perhaps allow entering friendly vehicles upon construction as a passenger only.

Also,I think the "green for allies,red for enemies" thing gets confusing while playing as Nod. My teammates names are red,but GDI unit names in the hud are displayed in red as well.

Agreed on both points. Some number/icon that would show how many spots are taken and how many total spots there are would be great. The green/red thing is stupid, and should just be red/yellow always.

I have to go right now, but as soon as I get back I'll add y'alls input to the OP so we don't get repeats.

^^The results would be entertaining either way haha

Agreed that nicknames should be displayed in yellow/red.

By names auto-completing, are you referring to using the PM function?

Agreed that the ability to change controls (at the very least) in-game would be great (and I'm assuming is already being worked on).

Yea, like in C&C Ren, we could type "HaT" ingame, then press and if no one else had those three letters starting their name, it would fill in the rest of your name for us.

Updating OP now..

edit - done.

When pressing K to view the scoreboard, it'd be nice to have your name highlighted. Ditto for when the game ends.

When you press tab to minimize the in-game scoreboard, your rank becomes 1, it'd be nice to have it reflect the actual rank.

GDI and Nod total scores should be listed based on who has more points, rather than GDI always being on top.

When pressing K to view the scoreboard, it'd be nice to have your name highlighted. Ditto for when the game ends.

When you press tab to minimize the in-game scoreboard, your rank becomes 1, it'd be nice to have it reflect the actual rank.

GDI and Nod total scores should be listed based on who has more points, rather than GDI always being on top.

I *just* minimized my game to come post that first one. Good call on the second too, I'd forgotten.

Added, thanks Valor!

Here's a list of great suggestions of mine:

Repair gun as a purchasable sidearm. Make them really expensive so that it doesn't quite defeat the purpose of an engineer (plus, engineers have remote c4).

A chat box that doesn't disappear. It should be visible inside PT's (like the original Renegade) and in ESC, too.

Voice communication. Duh.

Easier private messages.

Easier donation method.

Settings in the ESC menu. This especially helps with mouse sensitivity and volume and things like that. That would be the biggest improvement, I think.

Teach the harvester not to run over other vehicles that are in the way. This is especially the case in the ever-defending NOD base in CnC Fields. The harvester just runs right over anything that's in the way. Or pushes it. Or worse. It's really annoying.

Big problem with Fields is that GDI can send air strikes to the runway at NOD's base.

Also, air strikes are way too powerful...

We need tech building indicators at the bottom of the screen.

More damage indicators for direction of shooting and severity of shots.

More tie breakers... Things that are competitive and difficult to get, but give an advantage to a whole team. Not such a great advantage that it can be effectively used in normal situations. Just enough to help when both teams are failing.

How about some naval maps? New vehicles? Boats for NOD. Hovercrafts for GDI.

While you're at it, add on to the air vehicles. Jets? Only for particular maps of course.

I don't know. I'm just throwing ideas around. Some of these are obviously more important than others...

-A tutorial similar to what is seen in renegade's practice map should be added to the game.

I've seen a surprising amount of stolen vehicles in the game which may be attributed to new players leaving vehicles when they're at low health (fearing they'll explode and kill the driver as they do in games like battlefield).

Item drop upon death. In the original Renegade, it was incredibly gratifying to be able to pillage the people you had killed and improve your character into something unique. Ending up with a top-tier weapon or a repair gun on a standard infantry frame was awesome.

I have some balance thoughts, but I imagine that should go somewhere else...

Repair gun as a purchasable sidearm. Make them really expensive so that it doesn't quite defeat the purpose of an engineer (plus, engineers have remote c4).

Congrats, you now have no way to defend against early game rushes.

A chat box that doesn't disappear. It should be visible inside PT's (like the original Renegade) and in ESC, too.

That's pretty much the general consensus.

Voice communication. Duh.

Easier private messages.

Easier donation method.

Settings in the ESC menu. This especially helps with mouse sensitivity and volume and things like that. That would be the biggest improvement, I think.

Give it time

Teach the harvester not to run over other vehicles that are in the way. This is especially the case in the ever-defending NOD base in CnC Fields. The harvester just runs right over anything that's in the way. Or pushes it. Or worse. It's really annoying.

Big problem with Fields is that GDI can send air strikes to the runway at NOD's base.

Also, air strikes are way too powerful...

We need tech building indicators at the bottom of the screen.

More damage indicators for direction of shooting and severity of shots.

More tie breakers... Things that are competitive and difficult to get, but give an advantage to a whole team. Not such a great advantage that it can be effectively used in normal situations. Just enough to help when both teams are failing.

Valid points

How about some naval maps? New vehicles? Boats for NOD. Hovercrafts for GDI.

While you're at it, add on to the air vehicles. Jets? Only for particular maps of course.

The modding community could take care of this.

The game needs extra Q commands (or commo rose commands) such as...

*I need a ride (There are times I need to hitch a ride with a med tank or artillery)

*Let me repair you (friendly tanks will drive off without allowing me to disarm timed c4s on them)

The original renegade had this quiet *boop* sound that played each time a message was typed. Renegade X could use that along with a longer message delay. Messages disappear too fast to be read, unfortunately,and this makes teamwork difficult. I cant get the noobs to stop abandoning their vehicles while they're at low health.