Open Beta not working

Grimjo16

As soon as I saw the beta was open for download I instantly downloaded it. But to my dismay it isn't working. If i click to join a server nothing happens. Like literally nothing. No error message no attempt at loading. just nothing. If i try to click on the desktop icon that isn't labeled launcher I'm told "The program can't start because D3DCOMPILER_43.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." I have uninstalled and then re installed it many times now and even used different mirrors to no avail. Can anyone help me here? I really miss the old Renegade and would love to play it again.

... "The program can't start because D3DCOMPILER_43.dll is missing from your computer...

Same problem as this.

The program can't start because XINPUT1_3.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem

So its the same fix. viewtopic.php?f=34&t=72023

same problem :/ but mine says

The program can't start because XINPUT1_3.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem

Mine says:

The program can't start because X3DAudio1_7.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

I'm running windows 8 64bit. I've reinstalled twice and re-downloaded twice as well.

Edit: That's when I click on the RenX icon on my desktop. If I click on the RenX launcher it pops up the main screen where I enter my screen name (do I have to register it?), and the options of watching the tutorial, Select server and directly connect, start in game menu, browse forums, and follow on twitter. The only button that works is watching the tutorial vid. The Select server button doesn't do anything and the start in game menu takes me to a server list but I can't join any of them.

Double edit: The link you provided in a previous reply says for 32 bit only. What do I do for 64 bit OS?

As soon as I saw the beta was open for download I instantly downloaded it. But to my dismay it isn't working. If i click to join a server nothing happens. Like literally nothing. No error message no attempt at loading. just nothing.

I'm having this problem too. I don't receive any error messages. But it just sits there in the server list and doesn't connect... I have unistalled and reinstalled, messed with my firewall, redownloaded direct x, I'm not sure what else to try.

Please help

• 2 weeks later...

:mad::confused::confused::confused::confused:

As soon as I saw the beta was open for download I instantly downloaded it. But to my dismay it isn't working. If i click to join a server nothing happens. Like literally nothing. No error message no attempt at loading. just nothing. If i try to click on the desktop icon that isn't labeled launcher I'm told "The program can't start because D3DCOMPILER_43.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." I have uninstalled and then re installed it many times now and even used different mirrors to no avail. Can anyone help me here? I really miss the old Renegade and would love to play it again.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::confused: