Fair for artillery to have an arc?

cleanhands

I personally don't like how the artillery has an arc. It's a cute idea but it seems compared to the equivalent vehicle on GDI it's unfair.

MRLS has target seeking missiles. They rape face. Artillery is hard to even hit things with due to the arc.

I'm not necessarily sure it's imbalanced but I really hate when I end up as Nod because it feels pretty unfair. Their vehicles just can't match up.

You can also pretty much hand deliver the missiles fired from an MRLS faster than they travel on their own.

Tbh, I like the arc because it's very useful once you get used to it. You can hit targets who are in cover or behind obstacles. There are even a few maps where you can hit base structures from over large obstructions that you wouldn't be able to with direct fire.

It allows arties to deliver their payload while staying out of direct fire AND means I don't have to worry about an arty headshotting my Sydney from half a mile away. Seems win/win.

If you're good at it you can still headshot someone with the Arty from half a mile away. Happened to me earlier :(

2 posts complaining about something you've played for a few hours. This is exactly what I was afraid of.

It's constructive criticism. He's not saying "OMG THIS GAME SUX!!!". I think complaints are a good thing as long as they're presented well, rather than just bashing the game or devs.

• Totem Arts Staff

Yes it's fair for the artillery to have an arc.

It's cool, it's another thing to master, it's pretty helpful too.

Sorry for those who wanted straight firing arty, this is how it stays.

Feedback on the reticule is noted, we'll have to see whether it's a big issue or not.

I believe the arcing shots can take some getting used to, but the nerf to splash damage might put the final nail in the coffin. I haven't seen a single instance like the original Ren where a bunch of arties and techs would dominate the field and I sort of miss that despite how OP it was.