Server query port

TacTicToe

• 2 weeks later...

It responds to Source query protocol at UDP port 27015.

This doesn't changes it: -QueryPort=. In fact it doesn't changes anything in socket bindings.

None of these ports (except 27015) reveals something interesting in HLSW, so Source is the way to go.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>netstat -nao | findstr 22884

TCP 0.0.0.0:7779 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING 22884

UDP 0.0.0.0:7778 *:* 22884

UDP 0.0.0.0:7779 *:* 22884

UDP 0.0.0.0:13000 *:* 22884

UDP 0.0.0.0:27015 *:* 22884

UDP 0.0.0.0:41765 *:* 22884

• 6 months later...

So apparently this issue has still not been resolved. You guys REALLY need to take a look at this. Being able to remotely control a server and at the very LEAST query the server to get the info we need to display a game banner on out sites is crucial. This was reported long enough ago, that it should have been addressed and made right by this release. You gripe you cant advertise because it is a free game. Well guess what? The way clans advertise their game servers is by using banners that query those game servers. ie Gametracker?!

This really needs to be looked at and addressed by next release. I can't even get the people that develop plugins for Big Brother Bot to look at this, if we dont have a proper working rcon. PLEASE fix this already. I have advertised it on our site and have people playing in our server and I cant put up a banner on our site. This sucks! We need to be able to scroll in game messages to. B3 can do that, but we need the rcon working.

If you would be any smart you would know that the QueryPort thingy is and engine thing and that we didnt develop the engine. You think we developed UDK ? If you want to know UDK things rtfm aka documentation on it! And aparrently kostya0shift already figured it out so i dont know what your problem is. Also if you want rcon you can find a topic about it in the server owners section that you already have acces to (and no i dont know why that section is limited to certain users but im trying to convince the guys to make that info open to everyone).

I don't think you are brilliant enough to have developed the engine, I never gave you that much credit. However, this is the ONLY UDK game that I have where I can't poll any info from the rcon port to show basic info like, server name, players, slots used/open, map name etc. So instead of acting all butt hurt, why don't you take a look at what you have done wrong when you cooked the game? Something is missing that is keeping the rcon ports from responding with info that should be broadcasting.

Now here are some examples of games where the developers figured this out. Perhaps you can reach out to one of them and they can assist you?

Killing Floor

America's Army

Homefront (works flawlessly with Big Brother Bot)

Ravaged (works flawlessly with Big Brother Bot)

Frontlines Fuel of War (works flawlessly with Big Brother Bot)

Chivalry Midieval Warfare (works flawlessly with Big Brother Bot)

Red Orchestra (all of them)

Haunted Hells Reach

There are many more. The problem is on your end and with this game. If you are unable, incapable, or unwilling to address and fix this issue, please let me know. Then I can at least know not to waste any more time with this game and chalk it up as a dead project. Proper administration tools are CRUCIAL to games, especially like this. Do you think I want to hand out full rcon access to all clan members to administrate the server? NO!! Please fix this. If you can't please let me know so I can drop support and take my server offline.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
Also if you want rcon you can find a topic about it in the server owners section that you already have acces to (and no i dont know why that section is limited to certain users but im trying to convince the guys to make that info open to everyone).

I still never understood why I was never given access to that section considering I owned a Ren-X server before 80% of the people that gained access to it lol.

Also, as for the rcon suggestions, I believe we've pointed out many things that should be added to the rcon system and in beta 2 and 3, out of everything that was mentioned, we've only gained "C-LIST". But with Tic-Tac's issue, a lot of the stuff he wants can already be done. Just have to improvise and make changes like Skeeze said. There are proper moderation tools out there like IRC. Some people are just so defiant to use it.

• 2 years later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

CT used to have something that showed the server details such as map, player count and a few other things on our forum a while back. I believe it was written with Python so some way to retrieve this information exists.

Is this what you are still after? If so then you will need to figure out what you are doing wrong.

As for your other comments about 

On 10/10/2014 at 4:46 AM, TacTicToe said:

Proper administration tools are CRUCIAL to games, especially like this. Do you think I want to hand out full rcon access to all clan members to administrate the server? NO!! Please fix this. If you can't please let me know so I can drop support and take my server offline

There is a usable administration bot which links to IRC which @Agent wrote and most of the servers use this bot, without too much issue.

Yeah the bot works really well. In the past there was the TmX community who had their own bot for their administration, but the bot Agent wrote is working really well. You can have extensive administration on that via IRC if you like. It also allows you to have ingame commands, if you sign in via steam (it check upon the SteamID)