Crash after every new map

Varg

Same here, this is the error at the end of every log file created after a crash:

[0327.33] Critical: appError called: Rendering thread exception:

Fatal error!

Address = 0x14d84f6 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Renegade X\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]

Address = 0x3f72c952 (filename not found)

Address = 0x3d48fb30 (filename not found)

Address = 0x150f473 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Renegade X\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]

[0327.33] Critical: Windows GetLastError: The operation completed successfully. (0)

[0327.33] Log: === Critical error: ===

Rendering thread exception:

Fatal error!

Address = 0x14d84f6 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Renegade X\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]

Address = 0x3f72c952 (filename not found)

Address = 0x3d48fb30 (filename not found)

Address = 0x150f473 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Renegade X\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]

Specs: windows 7 home premium 64-bit, 8gb ram, intel 3770k, gtx 690 (latest drivers)

I didn't have any crash problems in the past few builds but now I, too, am crashing after each map.

Did you change anything on your PC components and or Windows version ? Probably not but i need to ask ^^

Also Whiskey did you also not crash in the earlier betas and only in this new version ?

I crash a lot during map change and even inside the game it freezes my game and it seems to always happen when im attacking lol.... my graphics are set to the best I have a good videos cards there SLI iunno what the problem could be...

This happens to me as well. Upon loading a new map, I almost always crash out (only a handful of times I haven't). I'm using a Core i5 2500K, 16GB RAM GeForce GTX 560 Ti, 256GB SSD with Windows 7 64-bit.

Sometimes, I also have freezes, and if I alt+tab out for a few seconds and then bring the game back up (had it not crashed with an error message), it will unfreeze after another second or so. Had I been walking forward during the freeze, I will return ahead of where I was (seems the server presumes I was just walking forward during that frozen time). I am unsure of if that's related.

I have had the same issue in the last betas before open release. Now it works for me though. The only things I have changed in my setup, is the primary harddrive space. My Hdd was pretty much filled up when I was testing the release candidates. Maybe that has something to do with it? The freeze-ups, Illusion-of-progress is talking about happend to me too in the open beta, though I experienced them only in laggy Servers as far as I remember

I have had the same issue in the last betas before open release. Now it works for me though. The only things I have changed in my setup, is the primary harddrive space. My Hdd was pretty much filled up when I was testing the release candidates. Maybe that has something to do with it? The freeze-ups, Illusion-of-progress is talking about happend to me too in the open beta, though I experienced them only in laggy Servers as far as I remember

I only played on Jelly so far, which usually neared being full most of the time, so maybe. I know one time I crashed out (but a roommate didn't), the server seemingly lost near half it's players by time I joined back, and then filled again later, but nobody mentioned much of it.

As for my 256GB SSD, I've 150GB free.

Next I play and it happens, I'll post the logs over to that thread.

We keep hearing reports of people crashing that run at very high or ultra settings. So it might have something to do with one of the high graphic settings. If you crash a lot you could try to play on lower settings for a while. Maybe that reduces the crashes. If it does pls let us know.

I have experienced this as well. Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't. Not sure what causes it or how to recreate it.

Processor AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core Processor

Video Card AMD Radeon HD 6670

Memory 8.2 GB

Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

We keep hearing reports of people crashing that run at very high or ultra settings. So it might have something to do with one of the high graphic settings. If you crash a lot you could try to play on lower settings for a while. Maybe that reduces the crashes. If it does pls let us know.

I was running everything on medium and I still randomly crash on Map change. I posted in another thread related to this one not realizing about this one.

Here are my systems specs in hopes it helps find a pattern to this issue:

CPU: Intel Core i7-3820 3.60GHz

Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660

RAM: 16 GB DDR3

Happens to me too. Even if I join a full server and it kicks me out automatically, then I try to join another server, I will crash upon map load.

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k 3.4 GHz OC to 4.0

Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 570

RAM: 16 GB DDR3

No settings at Ultra or Very High.

I noticed some improvement by setting texture filtering down to medium.

Either my GPU or CPU fan starts spinning rapidly (I can hear a clear difference) whenever the map changes. This only lasts for a few seconds. I feel this is relevant.

I have this, but once in a while the next map loads, it doesn't always happen.

It may be the non-original maps that crash for me, lakeside, goldrush, maybe others.

I had settings to Ultra with everything unticked, and tried with everything ticked, and happened both ways.

I didn't experience this with the last Beta Release, and thought maybe the server was kicking me for another player since this happened on full servers for me.

Maybe its something with 64 bit windows, and direct X.

I thought I got a Direct X 32bit error after one of the crashes but didn't save a screenie, so it may have said something else.

Ill change the presets down to see if that helps.

Intel I-7 3820 @ 3.6GHz

32GB RaM

GeForce GTX 770 4GB

1920 x 1080, 144Hz

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit