First impression: Way too fast!

Marmeladenbrot

I played the original C&C Renegade and I have a few concerns.

First: Runspeed is way too fast, as far as I remember the original Renegade was slower, I played over 20 rounds today and everything I see is bunny hopping when fighting somebody.

I played Unreal / Unreal Tournament Series / Quake Series online and Battlefield and Titanfall but I've never been more unable to kill somebody then here .......

It's kinda ridicioulus and annoying, old renegade had good fights but I'm disappointed.

Second: Weapon damage.

It seems that even if I hit the enemy doesnt loss health. 2 clips into an enemy and still standing, he shots me 3 times and I'm dead. Maybe lag, maybe netcode, maybe a bug

Weapon balance seems very odd too.

Third: Weapon damage

In the original Renegade you didn't die from 1 or 2 shots, not even from 3 or 4, you had to hit multiple times (if not sniper)). Here I'm dead when I turn my head around a corner.

But hey, it's still beta :D.

1. They have advertised this as having fast paced gameplay. I think its spot on. Guess thus will be subjective.

2. Damage depends on location of hit. In the head, even pistol will kill in 2-3 hits. Learn to target the head.

The game is supposed to be a new release, reminiscent of the original, not an exact clone. That said, they did a beautiful job.

I played the original C&C Renegade and I have a few concerns.

First: Runspeed is way too fast, as far as I remember the original Renegade was slower, I played over 20 rounds today and everything I see is bunny hopping when fighting somebody.

I played Unreal / Unreal Tournament Series / Quake Series online and Battlefield and Titanfall but I've never been more unable to kill somebody then here .......

It's kinda ridicioulus and annoying, old renegade had good fights but I'm disappointed.

Second: Weapon damage.

It seems that even if I hit the enemy doesnt loss health. 2 clips into an enemy and still standing, he shots me 3 times and I'm dead. Maybe lag, maybe netcode, maybe a bug

Weapon balance seems very odd too.

Third: Weapon damage

In the original Renegade you didn't die from 1 or 2 shots, not even from 3 or 4, you had to hit multiple times (if not sniper)). Here I'm dead when I turn my head around a corner.

But hey, it's still beta :D.

In Renegade, always aim for the head. Always use third person and shoot from the hip. The pistol is a very strong weapon and most of the time i'll use it instead of reloading my primary.

Only aim for the head and use third person mode, as others have suggested. This way you can drop enemies really really quickly.

Also if you're emptying 2 clips into the enemy when he's not moving and he can kill you in a few hits, lag is likely to be the culprit. Try to join a server with lower ping.

Always use third person and shoot from the hip.

No.

No.

No No No No No No No.

NO.

I hope you can disable 3rd person view at the server and filter servers for it.

I do not share your view with this and I feel third person view is important for the game. It is not a military shooter. You literally need to see your character for situational awareness, map awareness, and engagement-approach for gunfights. I always sprint with 3rd person on and switch immediately to 1st person for gunfights, taking 3rd person out might as well remove bases and purchase terminals and make characters weapon selectable before game and hey it sounds like call of duty!@!

However, if it makes you feel better, I do feel infantry are too fast. I think infantry form old renegade are too slow and it is much better for balance for them to be faster, but not this fast, a little slower than now, possibly even leave sprint just as fast but reduce sprint time.

Edited by Guest

3rd person is Renegade was always a core part of the game. Sorry buddy.

I find it okay for vehicles but not for infantry.

Did the old Renegade had 3rd person for infantry? I don't remember it exactly - so much time - but I think no.

It did and is how at least 90% of the playerbase play the game.

Really? Damn, it's a long time since I played the original .... I only played in 1st person. You all have to do that too!

Did the old Renegade had 3rd person for infantry? I don't remember it exactly - so much time - but I think no.

Really? Damn, it's a long time since I played the original .... I only played in 1st person. You all have to do that too!

And it looked something like this wgbEW.png

3rd person is Renegade was always a core part of the game. Sorry buddy.

This. 3rd person is a huge advantage and always has been and is a part of what defines Renegade. If they removed 3rd person I could comfortably say that a large majority of the veteran community would be gone in a flash.

I did the same, only first person for infantry. I guess it all comes down to preference. When I play shooters, if I'm going to use third person, it's because I'll be doing acrobatics (like rolls or trickjumps). None of those in renegade, I'll stick with the 1st person, which is more comfortable for me.