Ran out of video memory

schrodinger

Hi, after few seconds when main menu shows game crashs with message: "Ran out of video memory exiting"

i have last update of drivers, also phisix use my videocard as main in nvidia settings. Im search this problem in google and find it in games like outlast and borderlands 2, but this games works nice on my pc.

my Pc:

intel core 2duo

3 gb ram

gtx 560 video

windows 7 x32

How i can fix this problem?

sorry for bad english :)

You can try increasing the amount of memory Windows makes available.

Startup Crash on Windows 32bit only:

On Windows 7, 8, or Server 2013:

1.)Run command prompt as admin.

2.)Type in "BCDEdit /Set IncreaseUserVA 3072"

On Windows XP:

1.) Find and edit Boot.ini (Instructions: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289022)

2.) Look for the line that says "multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="WindowsXP, ...."

3.) Add "/3GB" to the end of this line

As an example, it might look like this:

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows Server 2003, Enterprise" /fastdetect /3GB

Make sure you restart after changing the settings.

I'm having "out of video memory" problem too.. WinXP 32 bit

Edit: I have 2GB of system RAM.. guessing that might be the problem

I did try enlarging the page file and got into a map but then it crashed and now I get crashes at startup splash screen so I reset page file back to original. All crashes are "out of video memory" errors

I also tried the "/3GB" add on in the boot.ini file but that didn't work for me either.. :(

Ok, had some success with this:

- changed paging file to 4GB (the max)

- turned textures to low

- I set the other four graphic settings beneath textures from the default of "very high" to "high"

I was able to join a server and play for about 10 min. Not sure it's "fixed" so to speak but at least I could play a bit

Well.. that didn't fix it.. had a couple more "out of video memory" crashes.. Too bad.. I was able to play for a bit

I was only able to play the small map, CnC Field for about 5 to 7 minutes until the error popped up. Larger maps break right b4 the loading screen ends or around 5 seconds at the beginning of the game....

Well beta is beta, so lets hope the next patch or fix takes care of these problems...

Well that suks, it explains pretty much everything.

Effectively I would have just 2.25 ram usable out of 4gb with all those factors giving put meaning I can only play the game with stable conditions on lower settings... its a pity I lack the income to gain a new PC and I am not quite sure if this game can just bump down to just using less memory. It would be great if we can have this game more friendly to lower end systems... Its odd though, It displays the game as a 32 bit dx9 version of it so I assume I can run it with my current specs, but I guess Ill just go low end.

how can i fix Ran out of video memory problem?please explain me detailled

It could be 2 things.

1- software

32-Bit windows can only use up to 3.25 GB RAM, it is currently pretty hard to play renegade-x with a 32-bit machine. Try upgrading to a 64-bit machine, but first check or your system does support 64-bit (mostly they do).

2-hardware

It could be that you have to less RAM or to less memory on your graphical card. You could try to play it on ultra-low with the lowest screen resolution, this could help a bit on low-end computers.

Please give us more system information if you want to be sure.

the games assets aren't high enough resolution for it to matter the problem isn't hardware its that there is a memory leak the entire texture archive including all sub-assets is ~800MB and thats assuming you are loading EVERYTHING at once which you aren't

http://cl.ly/U95E/Image%202014-02-27%20 ... 3%20AM.png

mesh/model/texture all set to ultra/veryhigh

~300-400MB vram in use

This could fix it if you are using a windows 32-bit

Startup Crash on Windows 32bit only:

On Windows 7, 8, or Server 2013: 
1.)Run command prompt as admin.
2.)Type in "BCDEdit /Set IncreaseUserVA 3072"

I also had this problem, but I did just choose to upgrade to 64-bit. Then the whole problem is no more.

Same problem for me (32 bit XP-Sp3). I can't upgrade due to my motherboard being picky.

After solution with adding 3gb line to notepad, game didn't even want to start

(error that my graphics card didn't have particle effect). Well I guess I have to wait for fix (I managed to play about 8 minutes, game is awesome).

lower your settings thats all you can do

Yeah thats all I can do for now, but it still happens ingame from time to time. Any chance that this will be resolved along with other stuff like crashing on map change and performance lag? All I can say is that a beta is being a beta, always with these technical issues and bugs... lets hope for the final product to be gone of them.

If your running 32 bit here is the solution:

http://renegade-x.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=72023

Sadly to say, this solution only makes things worse for me.

It seems to just be the hard-limit of a 32bit OS from what I can tell. I guess they should bump up the requirements to state a 64bit OS is needed, but that's just my opinion.

Quite funny that singleplayer release actually worked fine for all 32bit users.

But if there is no other way, with multi being 64 only, so be it.

Going 64 is not possible for me right now however, too much real life factors prevent me from upgrading or gaining a new rig. All we can do is wait for some kind of fix... for this and all the other bugs and technical issues present. Early Open Betas are ment to be broken right? :P

• Totem Arts Staff

ive already give you the fix ... lower your graphics settings ether by the ingame settings menu or the UDKSystemSettings.ini found in :

64 bit

C:\Program Files (x86)\Renegade X\UDKGame\Config

32 bit

C:\Program Files\Renegade X\UDKGame\Config

turn off things like dynamic shadows, AA, AO, AF, LensFlares,

lower your screen res

the fact that it says that you ran out of video menory means your GFX card is a bit out dated for this game ... but lowering alot of setting will get you in game imo

the fact that it says that you ran out of video menory means your GFX card is a bit out dated for this game

I'd like to point out that the first person to report this issue was using a nVidia GTX560. That's a relatively new card that greatly exceeds both the minimum AND the recommended requirements for the game. I'm pretty certain it's more of a memory issue with 32bit environments.

It only works partially in low settings, I still get it from time to time. My card is not that woefully outdated but the fact remains that this keeps happening no matter what I do.

What're your PC's specs? (Video card, ram, OS, ect)

It only works partially in low settings, I still get it from time to time. My card is not that woefully outdated but the fact remains that this keeps happening no matter what I do.

What're your PC's specs? (Video card, ram, OS, ect)

Video is GTS 250, ram is 4 GB(3.25 left after the PC usage), and the OS is XP SP3 32 bit.

The fact that Im using an older 32 bit system tells me that this game won't let me play without breaking(even on low settings!!!), which bums me out...

As previously observed, you meet the minimum requirements fine, and that video card even meets the recommended requirements. It still seems to me like it's just 32bit architecture being a pain. :[

Indeed, I assume thats the case. Pretty much means I can get like 2.25 GB usable tops out of my 4 GB of memory, and that won't cut it for a data memory hungry game like this one. Odd enough I can play the demo just fine, even if that was like two years ago, beats me what stuff was added in that made it so unstable...