reaper

Hi,

could you maybe also let us know how to set certain server options like

Servername / Hostname

Password

Max Clients

Timelimit

(the Web URL shown in Server Browser?)

I just tried different ways as command line args for servername and/or password and none of them seemed to work.

Thank you.

The ServerName can be set in UDKGame\Config\UDKGame.ini, under [Engine.GameReplicationInfo].

GamePassword can also be set under [Engine.AccessControl] in that same file.

MaxPlayers can also be set under [Engine.GameInfo] in that same file.

TimeLimit can also be set under [uTGame.UTGame] in that same file.

Can someone tell me how to start a server with bots? I already set all other options in the config and it works quite well. I also used

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/UT3Servers.html.

The only option that does not seem to work is ?numplay=x. I have a non dedicated server for testing & learning with a friend, which already has everything else done and is connectable. But no bots :(

Vehiclelimit can be set with the "?VehicleLimit=0" serveroption. The vehiclelimit setting in the ini does NOT work. But the server commandling option does.

Hi I tried this after logging into the server as admin but I am not able to change this setting it says it doesn't understand this command.

SO can you let us know how to increase the Vehicle Limit once you log onto the server as and admin from the console?

And i just installed Renegade X as dedicated server and i still have no bots. What do i have to do, to have bots on my server? Which commands do it?

Just found this hidden in another Thread:

You host a lan server like a dedicated server. you can specify an admin password then login as admin and type admin addbots x to add bots.
bots are added through the vote menu

Trying it now.

Vehiclelimit can be set with the "?VehicleLimit=0" serveroption. The vehiclelimit setting in the ini does NOT work. But the server commandling option does.

Hi I tried this after logging into the server as admin but I am not able to change this setting it says it doesn't understand this command.

SO can you let us know how to increase the Vehicle Limit once you log onto the server as and admin from the console?

You can only do that when starting the servers using the parameter i posted. On how to start a server with parameters see the servers section with its thread about how to start a server.

• 2 years later...

Hi there,

thanks to your help, i was able to set up a server, join it and also use some commands.

Unfortunately there are a few issues I still cannot solve:

1) Some options I just cannot find:

- timelimit: whatever ini I change the timelimit to "999", the timelimit on my server is always "40". And after each serverstart or mapchange the timelimit in the UDKRenegadeX.ini is set to "40" again. Even with write protection the timelimit on the server is "40" (but ini is save then).

- mine limit, vehicle limit, starting credits: same here as it is with the timelimit :(

- starting map: every time I start a server the first map is "walls" and I cannot find how to change that. Due to some crashes when changing map afterwards, what then takes a few tries until I can rejoin (sometimes server crashes too), it is a very long procedure to first start a server and then change to the map you would like to play.

2) Starting team: Im always starting as NOD, but I rather like joining GDI most of the time - I like the mammoth tank, as my nick suggests ;)

3) Where can I change the default starting values for the skirmish? I tried searching through the inis, but it doesn't seem to work, when changing the default values there :(

• Totem Arts Staff

1) Marathon mode is time limit=0

2) Are you loading the server via a .bat file, if so you can alter the command line to start at a different map.

3) Start team is determined by your settings in how to treat teams, I think it's UDKgame or UDKRenegadeX and there should be 3-5 different options

4) skirmish settings are determined by INI per map or the menu screen in skirmish.

5) Server starting credits is done in one of the INI files, mine limits and vehicle limits are locked to map. Although mutators can alter them.

Thanks for the quick response.

1) Yesterday it didn't work. Today, after a reboot it suddenly works. Strange ... but fine :)

2) I'm starting the server through the launcher, saying "launch server". I tried it with the server.bat, but without further knowledge of why it didnt want to work, I skipped that. Perhaps I will try again, when I found out the other issues

3) Hm,didn't find anything suitable in the INIs.

Perhaps those lines? And what would be the right value?

TeamMode = 3 ; Determines how teams are organized between matches. 0 = static, 1 = swap, 2 = random swap, 3 = shuffle, 4 = traditional (assign as players connect)

[DefaultPlayer]

Name=-mammut-

Team=255

4) Hmm, doesn't work. I set the values for the skirmish menu ingame and that works perfect. Unfortunately it always resets when starting the game again and you have to adjust the values every time again. So I tried to change the values in the INIs, but it doesn't change anthing in the predefined values ingame, but thats not a real problem. Just inconvenient.

5) I was able to set the starting credits now (also I dont know either why it hasn't work yesterday). Where do I find the information about vehicle and mine limit of the maps (things I obviously cannot change; just for skirmish)?

Thank you guys so much. Now Im at least able to host a game and change all the necessary values. Even if it is a bit complicated for a dumb idiot like me ;)

• Totem Arts Staff
Thanks for the quick response.

1) Yesterday it didn't work. Today, after a reboot it suddenly works. Strange ... but fine :)

Glad it works now

2) I'm starting the server through the launcher, saying "launch server". I tried it with the server.bat, but without further knowledge of why it didnt want to work, I skipped that. Perhaps I will try again, when I found out the other issues

You should really set up the server using a .bat file it makes it much easier to run the server.

When I get a chance later, I will give you an example .bat file

@echo off

path "C:\Renegade X\Binaries\Win32"

start UDK.exe server CNC-Field?AdminPassword=123?maxplayers=40 -port=7777

3) Hm,didn't find anything suitable in the INIs.

Perhaps those lines? And what would be the right value?

TeamMode = 3 ; Determines how teams are organized between matches. 0 = static, 1 = swap, 2 = random swap, 3 = shuffle, 4 = traditional (assign as players connect)

[DefaultPlayer]

Name=-mammut-

Team=255

You dont need to alter the default player info so you can leave it as "Player", but your TeamMode is indeed the correct line to alter for default team.

4) Hmm, doesn't work. I set the values for the skirmish menu ingame and that works perfect. Unfortunately it always resets when starting the game again and you have to adjust the values every time again. So I tried to change the values in the INIs, but it doesn't change anthing in the predefined values ingame, but thats not a real problem. Just inconvenient.

5) I was able to set the starting credits now (also I dont know either why it hasn't work yesterday). Where do I find the information about vehicle and mine limit of the maps (things I obviously cannot change; just for skirmish)?

Thank you guys so much. Now Im at least able to host a game and change all the necessary values. Even if it is a bit complicated for a dumb idiot like me ;)

4) Skirmish settings don't get saved by default so you will need to do them each time

5) You will need to go to each map's INI file to see the settings for Skirmish, I don't know if it works as well as expected though