Creating a Renegade X 'account'.

MechanicalMan

I believe the game lets you log in freely under a name that you just type in the options menu.

However, there is progressive leaderboard tracking, and that is done through Steam. So basically, the game isn't installed on steam, the game doesn't run through steam, steam doesn't launch the game, but there is a detection where steam can tell you are playing RenX and tracks it on the leaderboards through your Steam.

From what I heard on that, it now makes more sense than ever for this game to be on steam (optionally downloadable through steam, also with a standalone installer).

2 ways so far....

If you have Steam enabled, the game uses your Steam name.

Using Steam, currently is the only way to have your stats tracked, I believe.

Alternatively, the launcher will allow you to input a name to be used in the case that Steam is not being used. As far as I know, this method does NOT allow your stats to be tracked at the moment.

2 ways so far....

If you have Steam enabled, the game uses your Steam name.

Using Steam, currently is the only way to have your stats tracked, I believe.

Alternatively, the launcher will allow you to input a name to be used in the case that Steam is not being used. As far as I know, this method does NOT allow your stats to be tracked at the moment.

As an infrequent steam user: can I change my steam name? I want to use the correct alias when playing Renegade-X.