Will there be bots option for multiplayer?

Dellta_34

Just wondering if you would be able to put bots in a multiplayer server.

It seems to me this would be a very usefull feature,expecially if a few months from release it becomes hard finding a populated server.

Trust me, the way things are shaping up you won't have that problem!

That doesnt make me confident in the claim made earlier that the bots have a decent AI.

They actually have a pretty darn good AI.

The 4v40 match was pretty much a suicide. As crazy and silly it was, it still was kinda fun. We got MRLS rushed after 5 minutes of the game. We almost couldn't leave the buildings we spawned in.

Just wondering if you would be able to put bots in a multiplayer server.

It seems to me this would be a very usefull feature,expecially if a few months from release it becomes hard finding a populated server.

Trust me, the way things are shaping up you won't have that problem!

I know right? Gtfo with that negative expectations shtoof.

In a handful of years or two, IF the servers become less populated than now, which will still always be a server for this game judging by original Renegade, trust me, but IF so THEN these bots are so bawss that they at least are overpowered in gunfights (perfect shot leading means they shell your infantry with tanks 100%), while not everything they do is intelligent it is true they at least play the game as far as repairs and vehicle presence in the field and even somewhat thrown together rushes.

That doesnt make me confident in the claim made earlier that the bots have a decent AI.

They actually have a pretty darn good AI.

The 4v40 match was pretty much a suicide. As crazy and silly it was, it still was kinda fun. We got MRLS rushed after 5 minutes of the game. We almost couldn't leave the buildings we spawned in.

Yeah, I played a couple test matches first. The AI is so much better than the original, but still pretty sad. They make for really good practice for newbies, though.

Especially the bots map awareness and tactics can still be improved a lot. But in the last months we focussed on the multiplayeraspect first. Bots will definatly improve in the future but for now they will have to do while we are focussing on the multiplayeraspect of the game. But we already have many ideas on how to improve bots that are waiting to be implemented.