This has to be said

isthar

THANK YOU!!!! AWESOME!!!!

I mean. Wow. I could sit here for hours telling stories about the hours and the fun playing this game. I knew there were ways to still play some renegade, some mods or something, some servers around... but never bothered... and then suddenly I take a peek and I find out that basically the game is essentially being re-released!?

Oh. My. god!!!!!

I am SO glad the original radio voices are in.

That the "doink" sound is still there.

I am SO glad to see the important stuff is all there - it is the Renegade we all loved, that I think even by today's standard is immensely unique.

That the original maps are pretty much there.

That the graphics are up to date.

As many have said, TAKE MY MONEY!!!

Ok, I do have a real question - are stealth tank rushes (in particular,and some of the other ones) left exactly as they were, which was pretty much borderline a bit of crap (yet always fun)... or have these been tamed in some way? I always wondered if some of that worked out due to lag, which nowadays I imagine has been changed?

It would not be Renegade without stealth tank rushes. :)

Pretty much everything you know and love about the original is replicated here plus a bunch of new features that compliment the gameplay very well.

There are small tweaks and adjustments to most things in the game just to pull them in line with the game's new features, but nothing is taken out of context from how they performed in the original game. Also a few things aren't in (yet) that were in the original, such as free-aim... but that just comes with the territory of a beta.

It wouldn't be renegade without 'em that's for sure. Interesting how I read that the stealth effects are... well, more stealth now. I always figured the slight way you could spot a stealth tank/infantry was intentional...

What's the answer on how the obelisk (in particular, but also the guard tower) react? I always felt it was glitchy/lag stuff that allowed you to evade the obelisk a bit (and I had NO idea about the backwards walking glitch! and I played a ton!!)... is that just now gone; obelisk, if it has a single target will never miss? or does it retain that somewhat avoidable aspect?

So what would happen if you walked in range of the obby and immediately walked out while it was charging?

That was used to "glitch" the obby back in Renegade and servers would kick you for doing it.

When someone walks into the ob's range, it will charge. If that person leaves the range, the ob will hold the charge for a few seconds. This held charge is indicated by the tip of the obelisk glowing bright red. Anyone who happens to walk into it's range while this charge is held will be blasted; the charge isn't focused on you.

So, I suppose you could hug a wall and keep making the obby charge and hold it... but I'd see that only becoming an annoyance to everyone and a hamper to your own team. Annoying since everyone hears the charging sound. A hamper since any GDI who walks in range of the ob will be insta-killed instead of having time to find cover while it's charging.

I'd say if you wanna waste time doing that then be my guest.

So what would happen if you walked in range of the obby and immediately walked out while it was charging?

That was used to "glitch" the obby back in Renegade and servers would kick you for doing it.

When someone walks into the ob's range, it will charge. If that person leaves the range, the ob will hold the charge for a few seconds. This held charge is indicated by the tip of the obelisk glowing bright red. Anyone who happens to walk into it's range while this charge is held will be blasted; the charge isn't focused on you.

So, I suppose you could hug a wall and keep making the obby charge and hold it... but I'd see that only becoming an annoyance to everyone and a hamper to your own team. Annoying since everyone hears the charging sound. A hamper since any GDI who walks in range of the ob will be insta-killed instead of having time to find cover while it's charging.

I'd say if you wanna waste time doing that then be my guest.

That is hilarious! Love it!