How to set up a Renegade X server

Jam [Bot]

In this topic you will find instructions on how to set up your own Renegade X server.

Things you need:

- The latest Renegade X release, which you can find here: http://renegade-x.com/download

Step 1: Download and install the latest Renegade X release.

Download the latest build from the following link:

http://renegade-x.com/download

Verify that the filehash of your downloaded file equals with the following hash:

• c20b6c4ed687554ec6fb3178d4529a8c42d8f0ef

The installation is pretty straight forward, double-click the downloaded executable file and follow the instructions on your screen.

step1.png

Hit [Next]. On the next screen you will be asked which components should be installed, check the [server profile] box and hit [Next].

step2.png

Hit [Next]. You will be asked where to install the Renegade X server. Specify your installation folder and hit [Next] and [Next] again. [Wait until the Renegade X server has been installed...]

step3.png

On the next screen, uncheck [Play Renegade X] and [Create Desktop Shortcut] - you won't be needing these for your server.

Click [Finish] and browse to your Renegade X server installation folder.

Step 2: Starting your server.

In the root of your installation folder, create a new file called server.bat and edit it with a text editor. Populate your server.bat with the text found below and change the variables with your values:

• The path to your server installation. (e.g. C:\RenXGame\)
    Explains itself, used for adminlogin console command. (e.g. AdminPassword=password123)
    Tells the engine to use a specific port number. (e.g. -port=1337)
    • Do NOT use 7778, as it conflicts with another UDK port.

@echo off
cd /d "\Binaries\Win32"
start UDK.exe server CNC-Field?AdminPassword=?maxplayers= -port=

Here's an example server.bat with filled in values:

@echo off
cd "C:\RenXGame\Binaries\Win32"
start UDK.exe server CNC-Field?AdminPassword=password123?maxplayers=40 -port=7777

You can find more command line arguments right here: https://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Command ... ments.html

Save your server.bat file and run it. You're server is now up and running!

• More tutorials:
    How to set up a map rotation:
viewtopic.php?f=117&t=71917

hello thank u for ur instruction, I followed the steps but at the end it says

"windows cannot find udk.exe make sure you typed the name correctly and try again"

what is udk ??? I have the game installed and I also install the single play game which called udk I think and still not working ... can u help plz??

Alrighty, I've setup the AdminPassword and a moderator password in UDKGame.ini. Managed to figure out how to use this password in the pseudo-RCON linked above but I am unable to use this password within the game itself (i.e. AdminLogin xxxxxx). Any help is greatly appreciated.

I realize this is still technically in beta but just frustrated to see so sparse documentation on server administration/configuration.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So I started my server with this:

@echo off
path "C:\Games\Renegade X\Binaries\Win32"
start UDK.exe server CNC-Lakeside?AdminPassword=123?GDIBotCount=3?NODBotCount=3?GDIDifficulty=5?NODDifficulty=5?maxplayers=16 -port=7777

The server is working and other players on my local network can join me using my local IP address,but when friends who are not on the network try to connect using my Internet IP,It doesn't work,am I missing something I should do to make the server on the internet or they have to write something other than my public IP address?

Thanks In advance :)

im trying to host a server and i see no step2.png during the installation. it goes straight to just installing the game. somebody upload the installation files please, because this option has been removed.

i want to publish RenegadeX on subglobal.net, and i wonder if your game will support over 40 players online.. I can easily get 550 players in a game but i dont know if you folks will allow this.

please get back to me.

• 5 weeks later...
Oh,Port forwarding. thats what am missing out,am used to creating servers but it was always on lan,I forwarded the port and now its working,that actually was the reason behind other games that weren't working when I create,Thanks alot PyRoAcIdk :) .

you know am trying to do the same thing as you did, but how can you forward your port ? can you explain please

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I am just trying to play a game with my friend and I with a few bots. I have tried setting up a server multiple times, but I get an error saying "windows cannot find UDK.exe make sure you typed the name correctly and try again" is there any way I can play/ host a game with him and bots. If so, can I or can I not do it without setting up a server?

Thanks in advance! :D

• 2 months later...

I'm having difficulty trying to Install renegade X, I've downloaded the latest version to install, but when ever I try to install, it goes to preparing RenX installer and manages to make it to 50-70% before it simply disappears and nothing at all happens. Am I doing something wrong or is the installer bugged(redownloaded the download from three different mirrors on the download page, everyone fails)?