Character stances

drastic

This could just be a personal playing preference but I cannot play Renegade when my characters gun is in the rest position and not pointing forward. Although it makes no difference to how a gun fires, I just feel as if my character is not ready.

I have watched videos and the rest position occurs much more frequently in Ren X.

Does anyone else understand my thoughts on this?

Oookaayyy...

I'm guessing you don't understand the problem. Do you still play Renegade? Were you ever a good player? This is not a personal dig at all because I notice that all the good players I have come across ensure their characters are in the correct stance before engaging in combat.

Ho8wakI.jpg

aQIoK98.jpg

As far I know there are only 2 reasons for this. One is that the dot behaves a bit differently while in rest stand. The other is that the first bullet has a slight deviation in comparison with others, but wil still strike where you aimed.

It's something I would not worry about. I'm good enough to not feel the effects of rest stand and it should not be a problem for most players.

If in the UDK you can also hit a character ANYWHERE including their gun.

And If in the UDK the direction of your bullets is calculated from the tip of your gun like in renegade (which in rest position was at the left of your character)

Then you have a valid point. But I doubt this is the case.

Also, this would only prove effective if you are actively using the 3rd person and free-aim advantage, otherwise it doesn't matter: a hit is a hit with snipers if you aim directly at them. Only when you go in 3rd person or free-aim does the added 'shadow' in which you can hit them change due to the stance.

Renegade had a fraction of a second delay before the gun would get into the ready position from the relaxed position. Which is why it seemed to aim weird...it was a tad bit delayed (the reticle would also move after being put in the ready position as well). I don't believe this is the case in renegade x though. It doesn't seem like it at least.

Renegade had a fraction of a second delay before the gun would get into the ready position from the relaxed position. Which is why it seemed to aim weird...it was a tad bit delayed (the reticle would also move after being put in the ready position as well). I don't believe this is the case in renegade x though. It doesn't seem like it at least.

From my understanding the topic creator thinks that this happens in Ren X but not in Ren.

From my understanding the topic creator thinks that this happens in Ren X but not in Ren.

Nope, shooting from the rest position has always felt unnatural but I have not been able to pinpoint the exact reason for this. What HaTe says sounds plausible to being one of the reasons but I also believe running around with your gun pointing in a completely different direction doesn't fill a player with confidence.

It also made the gun easier to hit, which widened the effective area someone could hit you, as well as stuck your gun through a wall. I would manually reload all the time in renegade just so I didn't have my gun sit in that position.

protip: jump and scope mid-air...quicker and doesn't make any noise

It also made the gun easier to hit, which widened the effective area someone could hit you, as well as stuck your gun through a wall. I would manually reload all the time in renegade just so I didn't have my gun sit in that position.

pr0tip: just tap your crouch key

Yeah I would crouch sometimes too like if I was an sbh. You can't scope in mid air with the recent scripts builds AFAIK. You could do it with RR, which is what I always did (people always asked me about it in my videos), but not anymore.

I'm with him. I just like unnecesary reloads. Also so it readies the gun, but I do it in CoD too, just because I like throwing away hypothetical ammo.

pr0tip: just tap your crouch key

lol if you ever even contemplated losing valuable milliseconds on the clock by crouching during a race to the campsite...total scrub detected :cool:

Yeah I would crouch sometimes too like if I was an sbh. You can't scope in mid air with the recent scripts builds AFAIK. You could do it with RR, which is what I always did (people always asked me about it in my videos), but not anymore.

I'm with him. I just like unnecesary reloads. Also so it readies the gun, but I do it in CoD too, just because I like throwing away hypothetical ammo.

That just gave me an idea. Instead of reloading your weapon when it's full, if you try to reload, your character could play an "ammo check" animation by removing the magazine and checking if there are rounds in it, then putting the magazine back.

It would take the same amount of time as a reload. It would look cool, and it would give an aesthetic value to unnecessary reloading.