Ideas for future updates

Palexon

Hey everyone,

I've played C&C RTS games and I really liked some of the vehicles ideas they developed through the series, I know these are not original ideas but it would be really great if they were implemented in the game.

For example in future updates the Mammoth and Medium Tanks may have a Railgun/Ion turret (Double Railgun for the Mammy) instead of Tank shells, and maybe the NOD Light Tank can have a red Laser turret also instead of Tank shells the same way they had them in C&C 3, and both can have the same damage as they used to have with shells to keep the balance of the game.. Or adding a Railgun or Laser turret can be an option which will cost more in case they will add more damage (with some balancing for the game), and of course the art of the turrets has to be changed in order to give it more futuristic look in order to befit with the Ion and the Laser they are firing.

Also since you already added new weapons, how about adding new types of vehicles in the future and balance them or the game so they can fit?

I know all of this is early to talk about, but are they possible to be implemented?

Edited by Guest

Uhh, these have nothing to do with either Tiberium Dawn or C&C Renegade, so I have severe doubts they will be implemented by default. Of course, server owners may modify things IIRC.

I know they have nothing to do with Renegade since Renegade is based on Tiberian Dawn which didn't have any Ion or Laser turrets for the Tanks, but I'm talking about the C&C series as a whole, they added these ideas in C&C 3: Tiberuim wars.

You could make your own mod in the future.

I have no idea how :P

If this was done, and Im not saying I condone it, I think the best way to implement it would be to have crates that can upgrade a tank.

I think I like vanilla, though.

That's also a good way to implement it.

I also like Renegade the way it is, but adding some new and acceptable modifications is not bad, it's already done in RenX.

Tiberian sun DLC/MOD all the way! And we'll call it.... Renegade 2!

I'm not sure if that's sarcasm... But anyways, I'm not saying anything about a DLC or a MOD, they are just ideas for future updates for RenX to make it much better.

No but:

The Third Tiberium War started in: 2047

And the first in: 1999

So I do not think they are good idea's you can't see C&C as a whole.

Lasers where prototypes in the First Tiberium Wars.

Tiberian sun DLC/MOD all the way! And we'll call it.... Renegade 2!

I'm not sure if that's sarcasm... But anyways, I'm not saying anything about a DLC or a MOD, they are just ideas for future updates for RenX to make it much better.

No but:

The Third Tiberium War started in: 2047

And the first in: 1999

So I do not think they are good idea's you can't see C&C as a whole.

Lasers where prototypes in the First Tiberium Wars.

Yes you are correct, but this is Renegade X and it's made to exceed Renegade in every way possible, and there is nothing wrong in making it a different game as long as this will make it better and more enjoyable.

I just hope a developer see this and tell me if they have that in mind or not.

• Totem Arts Staff

There are currently no plans to add any of the aforementioned vehicles and laser / railgun upgrades.

As been stated before this game is played out earlier in the C&C timeline, and while there's some prototype weapons here and there on both teams we're not going full out with later C&C weaponry.

I think this is a good thing and adds to the overall flavour of the game, you get to see the state of the world and factions before Tiberian Sun and TW. We've added some TS references here and there because we're fans but I think if there are any other new weapons / vehicles they'll show up as map decorations and/or fluff.