Calling all renegades!

[NE]Fobby[GEN]

• Totem Arts Staff

Renegade X is a free indie tactical FPS multiplayer game that will be coming out on February 26th, 2014. The beta release is less than two weeks away, so this post will provide you with all of the information you will need to get onto the battlefield and take the point.

Renegade X is a First/Third Person Shooter with RTS elements. Players will be able to fight for two unique teams, manage their own economies, choose from over 30 weapons, 15 vehicles, and call in nuclear strikes, Ion Cannons, and airstrikes, and much more. Renegade X is for all players - lone wolves, team-based gamers, tankers, snipers, rushers, turtlers, and all others!

Story

Renegade X is set in the near future, in a world dominated by a contagious yet valuable resource called Tiberium. The Global Defense Initiative (GDI) is an international security force set to combat global terrorism. Conceived as a united peacekeeping military force, GDI depends on the technological sophistication of its weaponry, and the superior training and loyalties of its officers. GDI looks to halt the spread of Tiberium, which is gradually destroying the Earth and killing off millions of people. At the same time, the Brotherhood of Nod, led by the charismatic leader known only as Kane, grew to prominence. Working largely in third world countries, wherever there was discontent and unrest, there was Kane. With the promise of a New World Order and bankrolled by the illicit Tiberium research and trade that Kane made famous, Nod began to gain power. A few scattered, disaffected units grew into an army with powerful atomic weaponry, ruthless tactics, and a Tiberian fortune. The Brotherhood aims to push humanity into the next stage of evolution via Tiberium mutation.

Where GDI stands for international stability and the removal of the Tiberium contagion, Nod seeks to overthrow the established order and build a world centred on Tiberium research.

It's free. Seriously.

The Open Beta will be available for free on February 26th. Not free-to-play, not pay-to-win, just straight-up free. This is a non-monetized game. No ads, no for-money expansion packs. Free. Like, actually free. How much clearer can we be? It's FREE!!!!!

Release Content

By February 26th 2014, Renegade X will include the following:

Levels

-Field

-Islands

-Mesa II

-Walls Flying

-Whiteout

-Lakeside

-Goldrush

Infantry

-GDI and Nod Soldier

-GDI and Nod Shotgunner

-GDI Grenadier

-Nod Flamethrower

-GDI and Nod Engineer

-GDI and Nod Marksman

-GDI and Nod Officer

-GDI and Nod Rocket Officer

-GDI McFarland

-Nod Chemwarrior

-GDI Deadeye

-Nod Black Hand Sniper

-GDI Gunner

-Nod Stealth Black Hand

-GDI Patch

-Nod Laser Chaingunner

-GDI Sydney (Personal Ion Cannon)

-Nod Raveshaw

-GDI Havoc

-Nod Sakura

-GDI Mobius

-Nod Mendoza

-GDI Hotwire

-Nod Technician

Structures

-GDI and Nod Refinery

-GDI and Nod Powerplant

-GDI Barracks

-Hand of Nod

-GDI Weapons Factory

-Nod Airstrip

-GDI Advanced Guard Tower

-Nod Obelisk

-GDI Guard Tower

-Nod Turrets

-Nod SAM Sites

-Gun Emplacements

Tech buildings:

- Tiberium Silo

Vehicles

-GDI Humvee

-Nod Buggy

-GDI and Nod APC

-GDI MRLS

-Nod Artillery

-GDI Medium Tank

-Nod Flame Tank

-Nod Light Tank

-Nod Stealth Tank

-GDI Mammoth Tank

-GDI Orca

-Nod Apache

-GDI and Nod Transport Helicopters

Items

-GDI Ion Cannon Beacon

-Nod Nuclear Strike Beacon

-GDI A-10 Warthog Airstrike

-Nod AC-130 Airstrike

Sidearm Replacements

-Machine Pistol

-Grenades

-Heavy Pistol

-Carbine

-Tiberium Autorifle

-Tiberium Flechette

Miscellaneous

-Skirmish mode with AI bots

-Basic Server Regulator

-Server Client

-Official Soundtrack (to be released separately)

-Gamemode Tutorial video

More.

----------

Planned Content for Future Versions

-More multiplayer levels

-More tech buildings, including a caputrable Repair Facility and Communications Centre

-Clanwars ladder

-More items

-New gamemode(s)

-Glitch fixes

-Custom map and mod support

-More to be announced on a later date!

Calling all Server Owners!

Are you interested in running a Renegade X gaming server? You can apply and get early access to the Renegade X beta here: http://www.renegade-x.com/forums/viewto ... 16&t=71794

Totem Arts is interested in welcoming all server owners aboard, so that they may receive direct support from us and so that we may answer all of their questions.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Here are the minimum and recommended system requirements required to run Renegade X:

Minimum:

Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista

2.0+ GHz processor

2 GB system RAM

SM3-compatible video card

4 GB free hard drive space

Recommended :

Windows Vista 64 SP2

2.0+ GHz multi-core processor

4 GB system RAM

NVIDIA 200 series or higher graphics card

Plenty of HDD space

Pretty Pictures!

UDK2014-02-0515-21-17-54_zpsfe55aa82.png

UDK2014-02-0515-28-29-74_zps201f4f9c.png

b6r2av.jpg

200p5rk.jpg

A4E86CB2E9BD2E7EE223C14B577BD098FBA87DA6

1F0E14BCBBEE5EE94328B018251A38DE115B7D97

UDK2014-01-0700-28-55-88_zps4d15fd9e.png

UDK2014-01-0623-14-32-61_zps3a2567e7.png

UDK2014-01-0623-25-23-55_zps10477860.png

UDK2014-01-1022-14-29-39_zpse76100d4.png

UDK2014-01-1022-22-43-60_zpsa6f77d99.png

UDK2014-01-1022-30-55-80_zps16ccf12f.png

19o41f.jpg

Q&A with the Devs

Totem Arts wants you to join us for a chat on Teamspeak 3. Join Fobby and the devs on the Rencorner Teamspeak 3 for discussion on Renegade X. Ask any questions are welcome. There will also be a live stream of the game going on at the same time.

This will happen on Sunday, February 16th, at 3:00pm EST (GMT-5)

Teamspeak 3 IP: ts.rencorner.com

See you all on February 26th! Just keep in mind that we've got many presents for ya before then! Hint hint ;)

Looks gorgeous. So while I'm super glad it's totally free, how did you guys fund the project and how/will you make any money off of it? I mean, hard work DOES deserve to be rewarded. Just wondering. Thanks!

EDIT: I know I know, I should have just asked it on Sunday.

I removed the point about a basic leaderboard. We have one setup but it would probably slow to a crall with many players in the first days and servercosts could increase significantly ( which we also cant except donations for and have to pay ourselves). So we will integrate the leaderboard later and carefully in order to make sure that the server infrastructure can handle it.

Fobby[GEN]":p83zqi9a]Infantry

-GDI McFarland

I thought that was a joke at first...

He starred in an april fools joke. Probably where your confusion comes from. In addition to xD_ERROR: the way I get it, Farlands weapon is going to resemble the UT version of the flak cannon. So to prevent confusion no anti-air, but one shot is a grenade and the other a shotgun.

@Rex: it's no business model. Just a hobby that got out of hand and fuels people's CV and reputation. No money because of the contract as already stated.

I'm psyched

Looks very nice. However, you are still doing the error of copying the UDK system specs, which are made for developing with the dev-kit, not playing finished products.

This is most obvious with the recommended "Plenty of HDD space". What you want to say is that the game will require X anmount of free harddrive space.

• Totem Arts Staff

It's much better to install the game on a hard drive with plenty of space, than to only have enough space to install the game. My system is almost exactly like the one in the "recommended requirements" section. I would recommend a better graphics card, but with my Nvidia 250 GTS I can run RenX on highest with an average of 20-40 FPS.

Congrats guys. I say this time and time again but you guys have really done a fantastic job with this!

In other news, I can't wait to get my hands on the editor for this and check out how you guys do your tracked vehicle physics. I had a go at tracked vehicles for my games design masters thesis and although I got them working correctly, the implementation wasn't quite as slick as the one you guys have in place.

Exciting! :D

Heh :) It's funny how trust in the game have changed by a lot of people thru the years. At the start of the project people were really interested and had good hopes on a 'next-level' renegade game. Over the years, people lost trust because it took ages and ages to make (since it was first called 2007, we all know they didn't get even close to that date lol). At the first moment Beta1 testers, including me, were able to get our hands on the real game, the trust gained a lil' bit. But people still were unsure whether to get excited or not, since there was yet no release date. Ever since the release date has been announced, people are really start to get excited and look forward to the 26th of februari.

I just hope there won't be too many problems with the release. (like people can't download, crash, freeze, can't join, etc etc).

Respect to the dev teams and everyone who made this game happen ;)

You know, as stingy as EA is when it comes to C&C... I think we should all be a little nicer to them in wake of this project. Without them and their support, this game could never have come out. All it would take is a single legal notice and that's it... so I think it's fair to say EA has been pretty commendable to this point.

(I also don't want to give them any reason to want to close this game lol)

is there an ETA on the time of release? 12:00am EST time perhaps :D:D

I can't wait! Haven't played any of the latest betas so I'm super excited. I can't believe I've been checking this project for this many years now haha. Fobby, [NE] sniper server pls :)

Edit* btw Fobby I don't know if you remember my cousin ElGringo but he sends his congrats and thanks also. It's gonna be like the good ol' days. You guys have a great dedicated team, *slow Clap*

citizen-kane-clapping.jpg