Let's Play Renegade Feb. 17th (leading into RenX)!

RoundShades

So...

What: Let's all play Renegade 1 until RenX Release

Where: Renegade and it's Total Conversions like A Path Beyond and Reborn

When: Mon., Feb. 17th until RenX Release Feb.26th

Who: all those interested and larger groups help in case of server filling,

Why: because a lot of waiting players haven't player or played long ago so it would be nice to freshen up for a week and pass time

How:

The original Renegade: I believe it is sold by the Orgin store, other forum members with other ideas can post below. Anyway, here is the link: https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/buy/c-c-the-ultimate-collection-ANW.html

You will probably need RenList to get into a server, usually at least one with players on at any time: http://jelly-server.com/forums/index.php?/topic/21006-how-to-connect-to-servers-when-westwood-online-xwis-is-down/

Renegade Total Conversions: Totally free. All now gathered through the BHP Launcher, complete with server list. Link: http://www.moddb.com/games/red-alert-a-path-beyond/downloads/bhp-launcher-0201

I was thinking this would be a good idea to rally for, as people could play a bit to kill boredom and adapt to renegade gameplay, although it will be entirely different in RenX (think CoD Classic vs CoD4). I am hoping personally that my clan can get on and play, as they kill boredom with PA, other rts like recently OpenRA, and I am now hoping this one. I am expecting it to be best though if everyone anticipating RenX got on so everyone felt more familiar.

That is why now that it is closer to release, I am announcing this hoping people will hear about it within a weeks time and then have a week to install and play some. The more the merrier as adequate server attendance makes the game better, especially for A Path Beyond.

Post comments and questions. Hope this idea works out!

Edited by Guest

Is there a way to digitally get the game without having to buy the entire $20 pack? My comp doesnt have a CD drive

I think so. I will leave that open ended, but there is, you know, the internet, google, things anyone would obviously do.

I had the old c&c collection. the red box with the white cd case and the individual discs...

Yea was just wondering if you or anyone knew about other, more legal ways to get it done. No worries, I think I've figured it out.

EA sells it on origin for download.

The pack only, which is what I am trying to avoid since 2 weeks of the game isn't worth the $20. I may have found a way though so all good thanks for the help.

I wouldnt touch Origin with a 20 foot sterilized barge pole being held by somebody else.

Ill have to search and dust it off, but I was already considering a comeback. I forsee me sucking quite a bit, though. Its been a while for me in any competitive FPS online, let alone Renegade. Id like to revisit A Path Beyond and try out Reborn (no, never played it), but I think itd probably be a good idea to set some play dates and times for both NA and EU so we are all on roughly the same time.

I haven't played Reborn since it was infantry-only beta.

Yet, my friend said he played some after I got offline after he looked around the launcher I showed him, he said it was amazing. He apparently is a fan of Tiberian Sun and that game had like everything he said. Quite fun on the server populated at the time. I plan on installing it too.

The way that I used to do it before I bought my own Command and Conquer: The First Decade CD was to copy all the folder contents of the Renegade folder from the Programs folder and place it onto a USB drive. Then I could just play it anywhere I wanted to. I could even play straight from the USB drive. I didn't even need to install anything regardless of me playing on a completely brand new computer or the same old one that it was installed on even when it was uninstalled.

The Programs folder should look something like this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Command & Conquer The First Decade\Command & Conquer Renegade\Renegade

I would suggest you create and/or copy that whole line of folders so that the game may properly execute and find its way onto the hard disk if you are copying the game from the USB.

Your problem is getting the game from the CD. Go borrow a computer from someone. With modern computers it takes less than 10 minutes to install the game. A few more minutes to copy the game folders. Then a few more minutes to uninstall from your friends computer. Best buy always leaves their computers out...go try them out! haha

never used the xwis stuff myself and always used GSA for the past 6+ years ..

use renlist as stated in the link above and use the GSA tab in renlist be sure to drop by MPF UltraAOW server and say hi we have hundreds of new fan maps in rotation that I am sure some guys will find fun .