GameReplays looking for people interested in building a comm

Couch[GR]

Hello Renegade community,

my name is Couch and I am part of the GameReplays staff. While being a RTS community site traditionally, GameReplays is currently considering supporting Renegade X with its own dedicated game portal.

Therefore we are looking for Renegade fans who are eager to share their knowledge about the game. We want to start off our section with basic guides to the game and go from there, with which we have a lot of experience and possibilities in terms of design and layout.

The goal is providing a place for new players to get started with the game as fast as possible. If this sounds like something you would be willing to support, just post in this thread and we'll discuss the details.

We would be covering tutorials and guides for beginners as well as for advanced players, so tactics guides as well (certain rushes, push moves etc.). However, if there is an official tutorial and a RenegadeX wiki becomes a thing we will obviously not invest time in redundant work and focus on more advanced stuff.

I think the guides that are being made will be mostly for starters and the lower middle group (correct me if I'm wrong). A lot of Renegade tactics will still be the same in Renegade-X. This counts for all experience levels. There are also a lot of extra and changed tactics to be employed where we can help with. Covering a ion or nuclear strike with an airstrike, changed tactics in all air combat, suicide runs against tanks with timed C4, when to run and when not to run with the stealth black hand and many more.

I think an advanced strategy guide would be very useful. Especially with Renegade-X, as you can play so many styles it takes more than one person his viewpoint to cover them all. Questions of when to reload and when money can best be spend are very real questions and a guide can help nurture newbies with these questions into professionals.

It might be the best to have all guides have the same full information, so best to talk to the dev's about it. I will be happy to share some of my tactics when the game is released for one viewpoint on the tactics.