The importance of the V-button

gsus

Since free aim is not making it in why would 180 do? I don't exactly see the point.

These 2 features seemed similar to me because other games at that time didn't have either.

With that said I used free aim a lot in Renegade with automatic weapons and only used 180 to fuck around by spamming it and running in place. Shame it's not coming back but I guess I won't really miss it though, I got used to other third person shooters without it.

Doesn't 180 take the advantage of ambushing someone from behind?

The point was to add on to the oringal concept of renegade, whilst removing bugs and having better graphics, netcode, and tweaking other things.

I agree, which is why I wouldnt really care if it was included or not. Some people would consider its removal as a tweak.

But renegade x added grenades ;)

*shutter* Dont remind me.

I would agree with free aim if all extreme advantages are removed somehow. This is from wall-hugging to the increase of perspective to easier head shots. The rest is just a small advantage in looking and for me a valid strategy, as it was already in the game and I learned to play with it's advantages and disadvantages.

• 6 years later...

Well i think free aim is necessary due to the hard disadvantage u have picking up a Rav/Pic or any sniper. if u get involved into a close combat as one of those chars u didnt really stand a chance hitting accurately. lets be honest if u are able to buy a rav pic or ramjet and u get killed by a soldier cause of no free aim due to close combat u just downgrade the value of those characters and noone has the real reason to buy an havoc or a sak. i think the free aim would balance this really good. Tanks are really good balanced in my opinion but as told the specific chars arent really as valuable as they cost...