Chem Warriors

Reaper_R66

Hi all,

So I've been watching heaps of Renegade X gameplay videos recently and I had a couple of questions about the Chem Warriors since I haven't seen anyone play as one yet.

1) Aside from cost, what are the differences between the Chem Warrior and the Nod Flame Trooper?

2) Are they useful? Since I haven't seen one yet I'd like to think they have some sort of role on the battlefield.

1. More damage, more HP, immune to Tiberium.

2. They can be used for early building rushes since they're cheap and the chem rifle does decent damage against the MCT. But it's a silly thing to do and rarely works. Also they can be used to harass the harvester without taking Tiberium damage. In general, I don't think any of the low-cost infantry are really worth using.

1. More damage, more HP, immune to Tiberium.

2. They can be used for early building rushes since they're cheap and the chem rifle does decent damage against the MCT. But it's a silly thing to do and rarely works. Also they can be used to harass the harvester without taking Tiberium damage. In general, I don't think any of the low-cost infantry are really worth using.

This was true in Old-Renegade. Wait until you try Renegade X!

i Always killed myself as an engineer so i could get a repair gun as a chem trooper and heal vehicles in the tiberium field where no-one else could come on hourglass, mesa and volcano. Always gave my team a nice advantage :)

This is why I don't want gun drops, does this happen in RenX?

i Always killed myself as an engineer so i could get a repair gun as a chem trooper and heal vehicles in the tiberium field where no-one else could come on hourglass, mesa and volcano. Always gave my team a nice advantage :)

Not yet, but it will be a server option later on.

And yes there's so much abuse with weapon drops, like SBH with sniper/remote C4.

Not yet, but it will be a server option later on.

And yes there's so much abuse with weapon drops, like SBH with sniper/remote C4.

I think simply making weapons drop only when killed by enemies would fix the problem.

Plus since it's a server option it shouldn't be a problem. Extra server options are always a plus since if there's something you don't like you can just disable it.

On topic, I noticed the chem warrior looks a lot different in RenX, he doesn't have his bulky chem suit. Is that final or is it just a placeholder for now?