the visceroid and its friends

omega79

I wonder, searching for "visceroid" just gave 2 results O_o

Did you ever think of adding visceroids?

Or maybe other stuff like the plants from TS (I loved the TS style)

The old MutationRedux did a great job there (even if the map did not play that good)

I know that it is based on TD ...

but it combines also the TW (Tiberium Wars :P ) Style with TD Style ...

so why not bring TS in also?

and since it is reimagined, after the saga found its (undeserving) end, it would do no harm ...

but just thinking and dreaming ...

even if that "cherry on the cream" does not become reality, I am 100% sure that RenegadeX will be awesome

and I am still thankfull that this project was never given up like so many!

Visceroids are not out of the question, but the plantlife look, that was more of a TS/FS. I'm going to try and push for a visceroid to spawn from a death caused by tib exposure. ;) Even if I have to model, texture, and animate it...just need them to agree and code/implement it.

I would not mind those little spore trees in the tib fields though.

Visceroids are not out of the question, but the plantlife look, that was more of a TS/FS. I'm going to try and push for a visceroid to spawn from a death caused by tib exposure. ;) Even if I have to model, texture, and animate it...just need them to agree and code/implement it.

I would not mind those little spore trees in the tib fields though.

I think visceroids are cool. If you think you can do it, give it a try.

@permagrin

That would be sooo nice :)

I think the "Bot-Part" would not be so hard, since there already bots ... probably just change its behaviour to be hostile to anything or anyone that comes in range

but the "if player die from tiberium - then spawn bot visceroid" might be some more work

same to the part where the visceroid stays to the tiberium-damage-area to "defende" it

but that might be thinking of the untaught player :P

Would it be out of the question for the player killed by tiberium exposure to become the visceroid itself and play as it? I would assume he'd have to be converted over to a third faction as well and I can see how it would be easier if bots controlled it, but it would still be an interesting option to say the least.

Sweet. Yeah, I dont think it would be that hard to code since theres already a flag to determine if you died from tiberium exposure (your skin melts off in the game, right?).

Ah okay, did not come up when i searched :(
I asked him on Youtube and referred to it as a mutant. He might have misunderstood.

Oh yeah, probably ...

cuz there are actual tiberium mutants as kind of a neutral race in TS (pic here)

even tho, the visceroid is a mutant also, but well ...

------------------------------------------------

@Goober Trooper

I remember on some renegade servermods it was possible to be "mutated" to a visceorid when picking a crate ...

it was the funy way to hamper the player, compared to the deathcrate ... (You had to play as the visceorid)

I feel it would be fun to have the option in the crate again ... BUT ... it should remain AI (no matter from crate or tiberium)

------------------------------------------------

The visceorid should be hard to kill with tanks and rockets ...

but rifles should do serious damage ...

and rapid healing while on tiberium ...

but at the end .. if its ther its there ... up to the devs to decide how

I'm greatly against it. It would disrupt the flow of battle if you suddenly are neutral and in a weird body. I can see a limited AI visceroid that is either by crate or a 0.05% from tiberium death. The visceroid would have the chemsprayer most likely, just like in Renegade. However, it would not be strong in health nor in resistances. Weak against all weapons and a minor nuisance at most. Maybe able to kill an unprepared surprised infantry player or a nearly dead vehicle, but that is about it. It could be set to return to tiberium fields for a reasonable health regeneration, but not the quick one from the original campaign. No sort of mini boss fights, no weird overpowered units suddenly crawling over the field. A small environmental hazard that might pop up once in a long time.

I think it only should be AI, no way player controlled ...

with a serverside option to switch it on or off

probably right, not too strong ... but a noteable danger

and ofcourse with a low chance of spawning ... maybe something between 0,1% and 1%

meaning 1 of 1000 tiberium deaths or 1 of 100 tiberium deaths

in regular games there are not that much deaths by tiberium so you probably play a few hours b4 you actually see one

//edit

i believe that would not change gameplay too much, not more than those modded crates do.

and it would give a nice extra to the ambiente and C&C feeling while in a battle

A neutral visceroid transformation sounds more like a "lot this would be funny to see" idea than a logical gameplay idea.

True. I think of it as an environmental hazard, like the tiberium fields, only it's a mobile one. It's easy dispatch of, but its value would primarily be in its sighting. It happens in more games. Both mobile environmental hazards that add just a little something, and things that are seen very rarely, making the battle, even if its a standard one, just that tiny bit more special.

I'll give two examples, the first one is over the top. In BF4 (or the latest, I don't know what number they are on) they have added a little extra in one of the maps. For now it is only a rumor, but it is confirmed by the creators that there is an event that is very rare hidden. Now if people would witness the event, they would get very happy indeed. Even if it didn't add to the fighting. People are now looking for this event to happen, but have not yet been able to activate it. They don't even know what is supposed to happen, but still that thrill that it might happen is enough to keep people on the edge of their seat.

The other is GVA V. If you are flying around in a helicopter, the first time you get a bird into the rotors you are shocked and laugh until your insides hurt. It doesn't really add anything, but while it's just a "it would be funny to see" it is still greatly appreciated.

In Renegade you can just keep it low-key, but rare. The encounter adds that tiny bit of special to the game. Like if you start at the beginning and try to kill the harvester and one person dies in the tiberium. He transforms into a visceroid in the middle of all the people trying to destroy the harvester. He then is easily dispatched of but still had a tiny impact and shock to the teams.

On the other hand, I hardly could care less if this isn't implemented. First things first. The really cool stuff they are doing now, and not the things that might give me only the slightest of goosebumps.

I think it only should be AI, no way player controlled ...

with a serverside option to switch it on or off

probably right, not too strong ... but a noteable danger

and ofcourse with a low chance of spawning ... maybe something between 0,1% and 1%

meaning 1 of 1000 tiberium deaths or 1 of 100 tiberium deaths

in regular games there are not that much deaths by tiberium so you probably play a few hours b4 you actually see one

//edit

i believe that would not change gameplay too much, not more than those modded crates do.

and it would give a nice extra to the ambiente and C&C feeling while in a battle

That's exactly the way I would do it. *thumbs up*

Hopefully we talk about THIS cute little guys and not about THIS. (click for image)

But personally I like the way that visceroid look like:

Tiberian_Eclipse__Visceroid_by_waltervermeij.png