Mantle

Shazents

I don't know much about game design, but is there a chance that Renegade X multiplayer will support AMD's Mantle? I have a lower end 7790 card, and if I could get a 25% performance boost in the game from that it would be great. As I said, I don't know very much about game programming and design, so I don't know if that could ever happen. Could it?

Implementing support for an API takes a lot of time, even for big studios. DICE has been working on implementing it into Frostbite for god knows how long, and they have a dedicated studio to take care of the engine.

Until Epic decides to implement Mantle into UDK themselves, it's very unlikely for RX to support it.

"Most people are used to playing Renegade on 10-15 fps anyway, with things teleporting back in time constantly every few seconds"

Says most old players.

Renegade was a pretty weak game graphically. I remember running it above 30fps back on my sad little 7800 GT.

I don't know much about game design, but is there a chance that Renegade X multiplayer will support AMD's Mantle? I have a lower end 7790 card, and if I could get a 25% performance boost in the game from that it would be great. As I said, I don't know very much about game programming and design, so I don't know if that could ever happen. Could it?

I dont think you need to worry. The Unreal engine has always been pretty tight. It may not be as efficient as Source, but its close.

Compared to my peers my card is lower end, sorry if I caused offense with that. I upgraded from a laptop that had a Pentium M in it and a gtx 7800 go (the processor limiting it, I couldn't play C&C 3 on low settings without lag after midgame). Thanks for the replies, now I know to just turn down the settings a bit. I did have the Black Dawn demo and It averaged 40 but that's playable. The ion cannon strike caused it to go down to 20 with high (not highest) settings and 2x aa and af. I'll be well off it seems.