Saving custom loadouts/favorite sets of purchases

Lomztein

I'm thinking something along the lines of what you can do in Counter Strike: Source, where you - after purchasing equipment - could save the loadout as a custom loadout button that was on the front page of the purchase menu - that you could simply press any other time you were purchasing, and you would purchase all items in the custom loadout quickly. Also perhaps a "Repeat last purchase" button?

I believe this could be useful with all the new equipment added to RenX, with new types of PDW's and items. Perhaps making a custom loadout with a SBH and nuclear beacon, or Hotwire with a medium tank and AT mines.

Like in other games that have implemented this, the custom loadout would just cost whatever the items in the loadout would cost if you bought them individually.

Apologize if this was difficult to understand. My sleeping pattern have been rather unstable lately.

Renegade is definitely different from those other games like CC:S. In the game, you dont just buy a weapon, some armor and a pistol; you buy an entire character. When you purchase an advanced class, you get not only the gun but the player skin and any other added stuff (like extra C4 with Hotwire/Technician). You can buy a few extra things that dont come with the advanced class (ion/nuke beacon and airstrikes), but those are expensive and not something you would purchase every time, so custom buying templates would be bad because they would eat up your credits really quickly.

Its good that it works like this because it allows the player to instantaneously know what weapons the enemy running towards you has and whether you should fight or run for the hills; a feature completely absent in CC:S. You never know if the dude you see has an insta-kill n00bcannon until hes already shot you.

It's not as complicated as CS, you'd never need to spend more than a few seconds at the terminal and you can just memorize the hotkeys.

yep, I remember buying a character was like:

Walk to PT and then press "use", number, number .... finish

took maybe 3 seconds if you are slow and have to check the numbers,

for more advanced players probably a second or less

ofcourse the first few days it takes a while to learn, thats normal ... but then ^^

Just want to point out that the original poster does have a valid point. There are swappable loadouts for sidearms and explosives that don't require you to change your character. But since your player isn't really a persistent thing in the game, I don't think having saved loadouts would work. But in all honesty, it doesn't take long to swap weapons out when you need to.

I remember memorizing hotkeys. Pressing 8 keys really fast in order to choose a loadout in half a second...

Just want to point out that the original poster does have a valid point. There are swappable loadouts for sidearms and explosives that don't require you to change your character. But since your player isn't really a persistent thing in the game, I don't think having saved loadouts would work. But in all honesty, it doesn't take long to swap weapons out when you need to.

Btw, r315raz4z0r, the passing of time of Renegade has stretched us all across years, but would you believe I am "GenKazuma" from A1Game Forum? Remember me and gah I can't remember my sister's name, hotwire something another... used to play with A1Game and Rengirl and them? It is probably a bad way to hijack a thread, I can't pm you the way your account is set up, so I thought I'd grab your attention here. That is all. Pm me if you like.