What would you do for a beta key?

RoundShades

While we are all eager to get in, lets have some fun and pass the time.

What would you do for a beta key? I see tons of people ask for them one after another even when they hear there are none to be had till Feb. 26th.

Really, it should be flattering to Totem Arts to have gathered this big of an occult following. I just hope they have a LOT of servers open on release. I estimate they will need more than 50.

I honestly kick myself for not getting into beta earlier or keeping up until short noticed release, I feel like a sunshine soldier, but I usually participate in betas to improve games and give feedback because I am a game buff. However, I had nothing to contribute that wasn't already thought of for this game. The dupicate GDI character change, the mammoth tank getting doubleshot cannon on top of improvements I never dreamed of, the flying coffins being so good now.

If it wouldn't cost them hundreds of thousands of dollars in EA lawsuits, I would pay them for a beta key right this moment.

I understand if I couldn't have a beta key, but if I found any beta tester living in Houston, I would try to get on their good side so they would let me come over and play a game on their rig :P Technically the devs said that would be out of their hands, I just would have to find a beta tester that didn't find my sucking up to be creepy. (jk, I'd never go that far, but srsly, too bad I don't know someone from before who played renegade and now is on beta)

Even for someone who's not part of a Renegade clan, you could have just went to an online gaming community like reddit or GameFAQs and ask the people there to form a group.

The reason why I didn't bother to apply is because I thought the beta was going to be very buggy, but after watching theGunrun's twitch stream, I'm really regretting my decision.

And Fobby made it pretty clear that no one else is getting in until the release.

Yeah, it sucks.

I am just saying though. I would have got my Realm together for this had I known in time, but like most I found it about it too late for beta but at least just in time for open beta. Also, like the opposite of you, I join betas when I know they need bugs worked out, but from what I see this game has some overlooked missing UI features at most, nothing major, I would have been no help at all.

Still, anything anyone else would do for a Klondike bar, I would do for a beta key >.<

They can't accept it though as EA would take the klondike bar

Pfft, they would probably claim the klondike bar caused millions of dollars worth of damages in some way :eek:

I would love for that to end up in a court, just so I could see the judge do a facepalm. Im tempted to mail the devs a box of Klondike Bars (no, refrigeration costs too much) to initiate that.

Lol. What if anyone who donates, the devs allow them on the dev team temporarily. Wouldn't that be considered out of pocket funding instead of donating? I wouldn't even ask for a beta key then, but I would buy klondike bars all around.

Perhaps.

We could also marry one of them and then divorce them the same day. Divvying up our assets that way couldnt possibly be suspicious.

Donate to the devs by joining on their team Feb 26th and donating every credit earned straight to them ;)

Also, note that the Feb 26th release is still a beta release. Just an open/public beta rather than private. Meaning some small glitches will still be in existence because they may not have yet been discovered, or more likely, they were put on the bottom of the priority system (I can tell you that the devs are very hard at work and doing an excellent job currently at bug fixing and reading feedback/balance posts as well). I'm overwhelmingly impressed with the planning part of the game in particular, personally.

Its stupid that Totemarts cant allow donations, they doing a great job.

I agree, but the silver lining is that such a policy will keep them honest. Not that Im saying they wouldnt be otherwise, but many independent things start well and then fall into the wrong hands.

Its stupid that Totemarts cant allow donations, they doing a great job.

Yeah, EA pretty much took a giant shit on the C&C franchise yet they're not gonna let TotemArts profit a little from it.

Took a shit on all Westwood IP.

RIP Earth and Beyond