How long have you been sticking around?

KwisatzHaderach

Hey guys!

I still can't believe the advent of the public beta release, having first read about the mod on moddb in 2007! Freaking 7 years have passed since then, a quarter of my life!!!

Back then Totem Arts didn't yet exist and the mod was still called Renegade 2007 :rolleyes:. I played a couple of the beta builds before development halted and they swapped over to standalone development. Anyway, since 2007 I have been checking the various Renegade 2007/X forums irregulary, sometimes every day, sometimes once a month. I remember the many threads about how this game will never make it, how everything is dead, how they missed their chance... Now with the release just one month aheaed, I'm wondering how many other silent lurkers were/are out there, feverishly sucking up any news about the project back then, eagerly awaiting the longed for release right now?

How long have you been sticking around?

<- Date I joined here is displayed under my name.

Been with renegade since the C&C Collection, the original one with the box set of individual disks with the white cover with all the serials (nostalgia?)

Will be great to have this revival. Hope the devs are proud that they succeeded at what every total conversion mod has strived to do for Renegade (though I liked APB and Reborn). This game will be good as new and it's players will strive to bring others to enjoy it's second coming.

I started playing Renegade like 5-6 years ago I think. I was still playing it when this was announced. Been waiting since the start, registered on the forums a bit later though.

Since then I've been popping in at times to see what's happening.

Played black dawn a bit but was heavily disappointed by all the generic modern fps elements added in and by how dark everything was. And other elements like terrible AI, but that's understandable, it wasn't the multiplayer I was waiting for so It's all good.

Decided to forget about this to avoid unnecessary hype until it actually comes out. Had a friend remind me a month or so ago that this is still in development and it's coming out soon. The current beta looks amazing and I can't wait for it to go public.

There are a few things I don't particularly seem to like (mostly about the hud) from what I've seen from the videos but I'll wait until I get to play before posting feedback.