Kotaku Coverage and Possible Tournament?

redeath123

Kotaku Coverage SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS

http://kotaku.com/fan-made-command-conq ... 1506006979

Also i am a guy who's been following this game since 2012 and i have to say great job totem arts you guys are the true successors of Westwood Studios. Now the important news. With the game coming in February i am Starting a free to join online tournament that will launch on march 21 2014. Though i need massive help cause I've only got 2 months to prepare for this tournament. If you support this Idea and want to help talk to me in the comments below. the tournament will be named. X-Week 2014. It will be a 1 week tournament and will be streamed on twitch tv and other sites. Please help me make this dream a reality as i want Totem Arts to succeed and make their dream come true. so again please let me know what you think in the comments below and thx.

On the note of steam, hate to be slightly off topic, but while I am not sure steam will support a download page for free, I am not certain of their policy, I know there is a way to support a steam key system. The game uses it now, I am not sure it costs the devs anything to do it or not. I know PA uses a similar key generator system for players who purchase the game standalone and want to attach it to their Steam as well.

If they can't directly support it on steam, maybe they can continue in that direction and just offer a key converter to link their standalone with steam. It won't have a steam page, but a player downloading it independently can get it moved to steam that way.

Just a consideration, while it was in my mind.

In regards to the original topic, I'm all in favor for having a tournament but I feel if we rush into it too soon it could possibly hurt the competitive scene. I'd much rather wait till 3 or so months have gone by so the community has had time to grow and learn the game proficiently so a healthy number of teams can be present.

Now after thinking about this some more and it could indeed be a good idea is simply just done for fun so the game can get a decent amount of exposure by streaming some of the matches. I guess what it comes down too is, I've seen many games competitive scenes ruining and I just hope RenegadeX will succeed to the highest degree.