Please make a Mac version of the game

wolfq

Emulate? I hear it is technically possible to play Unreal games in Linux. Has to be possible in mac then I think. If not, dual boot linux and play it through a side-install of Ubuntu or its derivatives.

That is what I suggest to Planetary Annihilation players who have a x32 windows os and need a x64 to run it.

Again, if things go south, use a mac-to-win emulator of some kind. At least until they make it mac functional, because they said it should be possible to run on mac.

Im primarily asking for others, I have a kickass windows pc, but some of my co-workers are die-hard mac OS users and refuse to even emulate windows to do anything (so convincing them to try this game isn't working out atm)

Again, if things go south, use a mac-to-win emulator of some kind. At least until they make it mac functional, because they said it should be possible to run on mac.

Im primarily asking for others, I have a kickass windows pc, but some of my co-workers are die-hard mac OS users and refuse to even emulate windows to do anything (so convincing them to try this game isn't working out atm)

Thats ridiculous. Some people were boycotting GTA5 because they only had a iOS version of their game-editing app.

Why do people do that. It's modern technology, you just use some kind of hooks, it impresses people, yada yada. Why would you sound so dumb for not supporting a game acting like someone personally insulted your religion by not supporting it on your OS?

It isn't insult, it is a lot of work to get a game working on one OS, a lot of re-work to get a game working for another one at the same time as the first, and the work is being done for free so it is asking for a lot...

Really, I hope the devs can if it is in fact possible for that version of UDK. If not the devs, I hope a Mac user makes some sort of tutorial on a fix to make it work.

Thats ridiculous. Some people were boycotting GTA5 because they only had a iOS version of their game-editing app.

Why do people do that. It's modern technology, you just use some kind of hooks, it impresses people, yada yada. Why would you sound so dumb for not supporting a game acting like someone personally insulted your religion by not supporting it on your OS?

It isn't insult, it is a lot of work to get a game working on one OS, a lot of re-work to get a game working for another one at the same time as the first, and the work is being done for free so it is asking for a lot...

Really, I hope the devs can if it is in fact possible for that version of UDK. If not the devs, I hope a Mac user makes some sort of tutorial on a fix to make it work.

Wooo, I love tangents!

Actually, I cant even pretend debate this time because I absolutely agree on every level. Mac peeps get WAY too defensive about their OS. They forget that a computer is just a tool, its what you use it for that is important. It shouldnt be that big of a deal to slightly modify the tool if there is a task it needs to do which, at present, it cant.

I feel people are so defensive about their OS for the same reason they are so defensive with music: its part of their identity. The moment you challenge one's identity, you challenge their very existence.

Individuality is overrated.......personalized avatars and signatures notwithstanding... *wink wink*

I know it's technically possible to emulate windows on a mac. Just don't want that bloat ware of windows taking up space on the mac LOL

I just asked since I just got insurgency on steam and it's a windows mac release where both systems can play on the same servers.

If at all possible and not too much to ask if it's something as simple as exporting a different version I'm not sure what goes into coding or any of that technical stuff.

Eh, define bloatware. A isolated windows build would in total take no more than 5 gigs including the game if the game takes 4 gigs or less. By isolated windows build, I mean Wine or VirtualBox or something, not an actual copy of windows. By isolated, I also mean that neither of those things need to carry over to the registry or anything, although VirtualBox does emulate drivers and can create artificial hardware but that's only mainly if you want it to. Heck, you could partition off 10gb of hard drive, dual boot an ubuntu or dereviative of, and emulate on it so it isn't even technically installed to your Mac.

When they say Unreal Engine 3 is compatible with mac... I assume they mean out of the box, but let me check similar games. After looking it up, the link below has 4 short steps a developer has to do to make a game work with mac, it really all is about the folder structure of the install and the executable. If that is the case, if RenegadeX is free then it should be allowed for someone to do that reguardless, so technically it should never be an issue one way or another.

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/MacPlatformHome.html