Gore/blood settings.

Shazents

Hello, I have played through the Black Dawn campaign. There were some settings that I could not change under the settings of blood and violence. In the multiplayer game, will there be settings to turn off the blood and gore in the game? This would be greatly appreciated, for I am not a big fan of exploding heads and blood everywhere in my games. Will this feature be included in the final release?

That... Is a good question, as even though the game has very little actual blood or gore, I think it keeps that red gradient glow on hit, it has burning animation although not graphic, and an enemy killed by tiberium turns to bleached skeleton.

Just to be certain, you know from what streams show, the only violence and gore, is explosions sending whole bodies flying ragdoll across the air, and thats comical at best (Team Rocket's blasting off again!). There are no heads falling off or blood puddles on the ground.

Really, that is like playstation crash bandicoot type violence, but idk, the red glow from where bullets hit enemies was able to be turned off from the original. I am not entirely sure this was ever considered, even though this would be as good a game as any to be at least mostly child friendly.

I don't expect it to be extremely bad, I was referring to other games that are fps's, I am not a fan of that and was worried about gore coming into this game because of what other FPS's are like. It's just my question. I do not like the blood even in half life and such, small blood effects I've seen are really negligible, but I still do not like them. I don't really care as much for ragdoll and flying body physics, I just don't want chunks of flesh flying with those bodies. Because this is just a beta version of the game still, I hope that they don't add in such things.

I don't expect it to be extremely bad, I was referring to other games that are fps's, I am not a fan of that and was worried about gore coming into this game because of what other FPS's are like. It's just my question. I do not like the blood even in half life and such, small blood effects I've seen are really negligible, but I still do not like them. I don't really care as much for ragdoll and flying body physics, I just don't want chunks of flesh flying with those bodies. Because this is just a beta version of the game still, I hope that they don't add in such things.

Oh, well if that is your opinion, I entirely agree with it, not for the same reasons, but because the game is signature in it's art style and while it has refreshing new graphics it would start to lose it's touch if it did too much of that.

It's graphics aren't even half life really. They are just about like Renegade as far as gore goes. Only addition is ragdoll physics and the skeleton thing when killed with tiberium. And it isn't even a "mortal combat" style decay and melting away when they turn skeleton, they literally just pop into bones and fall to ground. Let me find some youtube clips to demonstrate it.

It basically is the same as this game, Dragon's Lair:

If this game were rated, it'd definitely be a T (teen). By contrast, Team Fortress 2 is M (mature). The lack of death animations in the original was probably due to developer laziness or time constraints. Most other C&C games did have death animations.