Renegade X Q&A - Episode 1

Jam

Thanks for the answers.

For the 100 credits/refill crate - I was talking about the default yellow box. In competitive play, these are the only available options in the crate - and they play a rather large early game role. Having default crates have spy crates and more than 100 credits would be too much for a competitive style game (such as a clanwar).

Crates will be a server side option and crate probabilities can be changed. So if you don't want spy crate set the probability to 0.

Yes I understand that. I'm just saying that stock Renegade only had the yellow box options, and so that's what clanwars has always used. Since competitive servers won't be hosted by the Renegade X team themselves, that would mean that clanwars servers would all have to follow one specific crate system (in order to keep each server consistent). Since the Renegade ones were 100/refill crates, then I think that the default crate options should be limited to just that, and then server owners can edit it from there.

Two new questions:

1) Will you bring in more graphical options in-game rather than having the players changing the graphical settings manually through the INI files? I don't see very much in the SP version of Renegade-X.

2) Will you include an option in-game for enabling/disabling 3D sound hardware for gamers who have Sound Blaster cards so they can crank the sound up for a better game experience? I remember all Unreal Tournament games support that.

Now, that the most pressing and game-defining question was answered (will there be boing?), I have another, more humble question: Seeing the new style of Mesa (not as flat anymore), will there be paths over the "mountains" that separate the bases, or are those still restricted to the caves and the area surrounding the "mountains"? In general, applying to all classic maps, did you add new ways to get into the enemy base, by opening up some areas of the battlefield that were impassable before?

• Totem Arts Staff

Mesa does not have altered paths, there is some discussion on this for other maps; the new Hourglass has a changed layout to facilitate easier access to the hilltop so it's a safe bet that other remakes in so far as the original map had any flaws will be looked at and improved.