Come to consoles?

RaingerHarris

I know I'm going to get ripped apart for this but... Will this game ever come to consoles? I really want to play this game and my pc cant run it please anwser.

Hey.

I am not going to tear you apart. But I am going to say a few things that may disappoint you.

1. Renegade X is a non-commercial project. The PS4, Wii U, and Xbox One require the games to be sold for money.

2. They would be paying allot of money for developing on Xbox or Playstation. Link

I hope that I Answered your question :)

If someone suddenly does buy a licence for the dev kit, and it somehow gets uploaded to the FTP as a gift. Then it might not be considered as donation.

But making a game feeling native on a console require a lot of work and will limit the possibilities. Since you have to make sure every feature does work on both engines. Most games fail in making good ports that keep the game fun.

You say your PC cant handle the game, but did you know that it costs way more to own a console than a PC in the long term? Facts such as overpriced equipment, more expensive games and paying to play online on the Xbox. Save some money and buy used parts if money is tight. Ask a friend who knows hardware if you cant build it yourself.

And to put a period on it: If you play an FPS on a console, you are doing it wrong.

You say your PC cant handle the game, but did you know that it costs way more to own a console than a PC in the long term? Facts such as overpriced equipment, more expensive games and paying to play online on the Xbox. Save some money and buy used parts if money is tight. Ask a friend who knows hardware if you cant build it yourself.

And to put a period on it: If you play an FPS on a console, you are doing it wrong.

Don't forget that the mouse is better, unless the consoles add an auto-aim again. The first time I played on a console I played Modern Warfare (I think). I shot someone in the head with a grenade launcher twice from the other side of the map. I'm not that lucky.

And even then I prefer the mouse.

I guess you would need the dev kits which would cost a lot of money? Consoles are now allowing free-to-play games, but yeah, I assume money would have to be spent somewhere.

Even if we would get the devkits for free it would still require a lot of work and stress to get a game on one of the consoles. You would have to make it work with their controller, their networks etc. It would be crazy doing all of this again with no payment and we belive that this time would be better spent on improving the pc version. Its unlikely but not totally impossible though that some new people would be willing to join the team to do this for free. This is like an open source community project. Everyone that has something valuable to contribute to it can join the team and help. All the current teammembers come from the community aswell.

• 3 months later...

I'd assume someone who contributes to the creation of the game by doing something for it besides throwing resources at it. Something like writing code or modeling assets.

I wouldn't tread into those waters though. EA is being gracious enough letting them use their property, there is no need for us to risk screwing that up by trying to find loopholes.

I'd assume someone who contributes to the creation of the game by doing something for it besides throwing resources at it. Something like writing code or modeling assets.

I wouldn't tread into those waters though. EA is being gracious enough letting them use their property, there is no need for us to risk screwing that up by trying to find loopholes.

2nd

The company that originally gave the rights was EALA, a company to my mind doesnt exist anymore.

BTW, there have been a lot of threads about this...search function is not that hard to use.

true enough... but would it hurt to even just so much as ask EA for limited copyrights to the c&c franchise? maybe showcase a bit of what's been done and see if they would do at least a little, at no cost, to support it?

true enough... but would it hurt to even just so much as ask EA for limited copyrights to the c&c franchise? maybe showcase a bit of what's been done and see if they would do at least a little, at no cost, to support it?

EA is the company that refuses to release the code for Earth and Beyond to this day, a Westwood MMO that they shut down two years after its launch and has been down for more than 10 years...

I am quite surprised Totem Arts got their permission to begin with.